Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #37
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Unlocking with remote should always work! If it doesn't work then something is wrong. Go and talk to Toyota, not the dealer. The problem will not be resolved with the dealer. The dealer will go on screwing you.

I have a remote and it always works, no matter how it's locked.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #38
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Unlocking with remote should always work! If it doesn't work then something is wrong. Go and talk to Toyota, not the dealer. The problem will not be resolved with the dealer. The dealer will go on screwing you.

I have a remote and it always works, no matter how it's locked.
Actually it depends on the quality of the system. Some systems are not high tech enough to do certain things. On some systems for example, if you unlock the doors using the door switch, some systems can not recognized that the door has been unlocked with using the switch. The brain of the system can only take commands from the remote and will not take commands from the door switch. Therefore even though the door is unlocked, the "brain" thinks the doors are still locked since the last remote command was the "lock" button.
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:53 PM   #39
Reeves360

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan, 91 ToyotaTruck
Send a message via AIM to Reeves360 Send a message via MSN to Reeves360 Send a message via Yahoo to Reeves360
You should have gone with the Toyota VIP system and installed it your self.

Always go factory alarm if you can.
Reeves360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #40
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Drives: 2009 TOYOTA YARIS SEDAN
Just installed the Valet 712T... What a sweet setup! Install was pretty easy... A super big thanks to DanQ and CTScott for their help. I have the double pulse setup to unlock all the doors on one push and have no issues with manual/remote locking or unlocking... you do have to hold the button for awhile to get the panic feature going though...
RUFFSTUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:44 PM   #41
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Just installed the Valet 712T... What a sweet setup! Install was pretty easy... A super big thanks to DanQ and CTScott for their help. I have the double pulse setup to unlock all the doors on one push and have no issues with manual/remote locking or unlocking... you do have to hold the button for awhile to get the panic feature going though...
I'm not sure, but I would suspect that the reason you have to hold the
button for a while is so that you don't accidentally push it for a moment
when you didn't mean to....such as in your pants pocket.

I have the factory system, and mistakenly pressed the button at 3 am.
Needless to say, a few of my neighbors weren't impressed.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #42
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revsson View Post
I'm not sure, but I would suspect that the reason you have to hold the
button for a while is so that you don't accidentally push it for a moment
when you didn't mean to....such as in your pants pocket.

I have the factory system, and mistakenly pressed the button at 3 am.
Needless to say, a few of my neighbors weren't impressed.
Yeah, on my Expedition, as soon as you hit the panic button it's game over...!
Old 08-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #43
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFSTUFF View Post
Yeah, on my Expedition, as soon as you hit the panic button it's game over...!
On my Xterra as well. The panic is trying to get to the key fob fast enough to stop your ears from bleeding. I ended up taking the remote apart and putting a piece of tape under the contact for the panic button.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:07 AM   #44
RUFFSTUFF
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
On my Xterra as well. The panic is trying to get to the key fob fast enough to stop your ears from bleeding. I ended up taking the remote apart and putting a piece of tape under the contact for the panic button.

LOL

Yeah that panic button is right next to the rear glass release button... Thanks Ford!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #45
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I need some help regarding the panic button. The headlights flashes when the panic is hit. Since i installed HIDs, i stopped using that button. Not using it is not a problem, but i do not want valet parking guys using it. Sometimes, i have no choice but to let the valet drive my car :(
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #46
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
I need some help regarding the panic button. The headlights flashes when the panic is hit. Since i installed HIDs, i stopped using that button. Not using it is not a problem, but i do not want valet parking guys using it. Sometimes, i have no choice but to let the valet drive my car :(
Are you using the 712T or another alarm/keyless entry system? You can either disable it on the remote, disable it on the module, or move the flash output to something else (like the parking lights).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote