Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #19
CaptainYaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris S
I'm not sure if it has a double pulse mechanism. that was actually the issue i was trying to avoid. i like being able to just unlock the driver side door.
CaptainYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:00 PM   #20
ToddR
Bacon!

Drives: 2008 Red Yaris LB
Thanks Dan!

Installed mine this afternoon using Dan's DIY instructions and the info. from this thread.

It was a lot less intimidating once I removed the unused wires from the 712's wiring harness. I decided not to hook up the horn wire since I leave for work at 3:30 in the morning.

So far I like the ignition controlled locking, but I think I might turn off the ignition controlled unlock. The unlocking seems like a safety hazard to me.

I turned on the double pulse for remote unlocking so all three doors unlock at once. I like to throw my backpack in the hatch when I leave the house and this makes it easy.

All said and done it was much easier than I thought it would be, now I need to order some foglights.
ToddR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #21
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
i think i am going to get this kit

Old 11-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #22
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
# Arming reminder and auto-rearming (programmable)
# An operation manual & installation wiring diagram included
# Central car lock automation
# Code learning and Valet mode
# Dome light supervision
# Door-open alert and Anti-hijacking
# Remote silent arm/disarm
# Remote control door lock/unlock (arm/disarm)
# Remote car finder, panic and trunk release
# Status memory when power-off
# Smart shock sensing (adjustable sensitivity)
# 100 feet remote control range
# Comes with :

Alarm remote come with blank key x2
(Keys may require modifications to fit on specific models)

Alarm system brain x1

Alarm system sensor x1

Alarm system siren x1

Alarm system wire harness
Old 02-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #23
cdaddy626

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Keyless install

I would like to thank Dan for creating this great DIY, installed 712t yesterday on my 2009 with no problems. Only difference to note is D3 connector on my car has more than just a black wire, there are actually 3 other wires on this connector. Also had to completely un-bundle the wires going to the 20 pin connector because there are 2 brown wires, very easy to get confused on which one is the LOCK one. I would like to send a thanks to Scott for his help via PM's as well.
cdaddy626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #24
cdaddy626

Unlock all doors

I was trying to get this to unlock all 4 doors and hatch with one press of the un-lock but I have to press it multiple times. I programmed for double pulse unlock but that doesn't work. Any ideas? Install was on 2009 and conducted exactly as per the DIY. Thanks....
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #25
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaddy626 View Post
I was trying to get this to unlock all 4 doors and hatch with one press of the un-lock but I have to press it multiple times. I programmed for double pulse unlock but that doesn't work. Any ideas? Install was on 2009 and conducted exactly as per the DIY. Thanks....
With the double pulse unlock mode, do you hear the door locks click twice? If not, that mode may not really be selected.

I programmed my UltraStart to do the double unlock and when I press the unlock button on the remote I hear the front door click, then about a second later, the other three and the hatch click.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #26
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ View Post
I looked through the Yarisworld site when I joined and couldn't find all of the info I needed to add a keyless entry system to a Yaris
here you go..

please people, take it for what it is.. a joke....
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
IBBan
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM   #28
cdaddy626

Unlock all doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
With the double pulse unlock mode, do you hear the door locks click twice? If not, that mode may not really be selected.

I programmed my UltraStart to do the double unlock and when I press the unlock button on the remote I hear the front door click, then about a second later, the other three and the hatch click.
No, I don't. I went in and deactivated and then reactivated the double pulse and still have to push unlock 3 times to get all the doors to unlock..
Old 03-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #29
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
No, I don't. I went in and deactivated and then reactivated the double pulse and still have to push unlock 3 times to get all the doors to unlock..
Hmmmm. I just looked at the manual for the 712t. The only thing I can see is that maybe the double pulse time is set too short. It can be set for 0.8, 3.5, or 0.4 seconds. The default is 0.8, so try the 3.5 second option. (My ultrastart waits two seconds between the first and second pulse, and that works fine).
Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #30
cdaddy626

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Hmmmm. I just looked at the manual for the 712t. The only thing I can see is that maybe the double pulse time is set too short. It can be set for 0.8, 3.5, or 0.4 seconds. The default is 0.8, so try the 3.5 second option. (My ultrastart waits two seconds between the first and second pulse, and that works fine).
I was wondering about that setting myself, I will give it a try and see what happens. Thanks.....
Old 03-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #31
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
There used to be a DIY thread by W.A.S.P., but i guess this was deleted in the hack. It's what I used when I did mine and I hooked mine up to the horn for audible confirmation rather than just the lights.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #32
cdaddy626

I like it the way it is with the exception of not being able to unlock all the doors with one press of the button. I tried changing the pulse time to 3.5 but it doesn't do anything. I give up, I guess I will just have to keep pressing the button 3 times to open all doors. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #33
DanQ

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
I like it the way it is with the exception of not being able to unlock all the doors with one press of the button. I tried changing the pulse time to 3.5 but it doesn't do anything. I give up, I guess I will just have to keep pressing the button 3 times to open all doors. Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Haven't been around the forum lately. Sure is alot of unrelated stuff on this tread now. Anyway, my DIY was set up for a hatchback. Something to try. Does the button on the door unlock all the doors? If it does, are you sure you tapped into that wire? This is where a sedan may be different than a LB.

DanQ's DIY Keyless Entry
DanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #34
pariahdecss
Yarisomniac

Drives: 2009 5spd LB
quick question on this - I installed this exact system using Dan's instructions - everything works great by remote . . . but if my passenger manually locks her/his door before exiting the vehicle, then when we return to the car the remote will not unlock the passenger's door that was locked manually. Did I do something wrong? - or is this how it works for everybody with this system? - - 09 LB - thanks
pariahdecss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:03 PM   #35
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariahdecss View Post
quick question on this - I installed this exact system using Dan's instructions - everything works great by remote . . . but if my passenger manually locks her/his door before exiting the vehicle, then when we return to the car the remote will not unlock the passenger's door that was locked manually. Did I do something wrong? - or is this how it works for everybody with this system? - - 09 LB - thanks
Take a look at the following. The unlock wire in Dan's guide unlocks all doors with one pulse, but it confuses the car's ECU when you manually lock the door (it's fine if you lock with the remote though). If you use the lock and unlock wires shown below, the driver's door will unlock on the first pulse and all others on the second.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=18
Old 03-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
pariahdecss
Yarisomniac

Drives: 2009 5spd LB
I'll have to double check, but that is how it works for me. I have my remote set to double pulse so it unlocks the driver's door . . . pauses a few seconds and then you hear it unlock everything else - but I still have the manual unlock problemo - I think . . .

I will have to verify that I used the correct wires per your picture - but I did see that thread before I did my install

Thanks Scott

Mike
pariahdecss is offline   Reply With Quote