Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #1
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
Anyone else had to wait a while for their yaris?

So I had put in an order like three weeks ago and I've bugging the crap outta my dealer here for this whole week. They say that it should be either here thursday or friday .. at least by the end of the week. i wish there was a more definite answer. I have never ever waited for a car before but this is the first car to go under my name and I got to choose what color and what kind of car I want (my dad used to always choose it for me.. then again he was the one w/ all the money). I'm trading in my 2001 Nissan Maxima that has leather seats and will miss that but I really want something that is mine and saves on gas. So yeah, anyone else had to order their yaris and wait for it and go outta their mind waiting for it? :-D I honestly cannot wait for it and getting so antsy knowing that it's getting closer and closer to the day i'll have my yaris *sigh*
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #2
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
i heard once that the waiting list was longer than that of the golf, and thats around 7 months, but personally i dont think its that long now. no more than 2 months i would think, unless its in stock and they dont want to give it to you, mainly because they think you might cancel it if you negotiated with them, so they can sell it for full price......
Capagotks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #3
sherryberry

Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
If that is the case, I would be SOOO pissed. I saw they had the color i want and the style I want in their inventory this week but they said that it may be in their inventory but it's not on their lot yet. So not sure if it's true or not but I'm gonna bug them again today. I love bugging dealers :)
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #4
sherryberry

well now I'm pissed.. they said by the end of this week and I called and they're like we still don't have it.. and now they said monday or tuesday of next week. If this keeps going on then I wonder when the heck I'm going to get my yaris. *sigh* i hate waiting. I've never ever waited on a vehicle before and geez, how hard is it to get a car in the color you want with the features you want. I guess it's impossible.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
I waited about a month for mine. Once the allocations were made, my dealership didn't get one of the 12, but they could see the dealers that did get allocated one. So they called up the dealer with one and they worked out a trade so they could get mine. Once allocated, I chose a color and the order was put in. From allocation to delivery it only took about a week which wasn't bad considering it came from Japan in that time. It came in by ship to Portland, Oregon, went through customs and was trained and trucked to Wisconsin.
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:14 PM   #6
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I went to go look at one @ the end of July last year. They just got one in at my dealership. I really wanted the 5 speed, but I would have had to wait for a few months or pay a very hefty premium for one that didn't have the options I wanted. I basically bought right away, lol. Kinda wish I had waited, but I don't have any regrets.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
sherryberry

haha see, it's the first car that my dad didn't get to choose for me and it's finally going under my name. So I wanted to get one that i really wanted with the options and color that I wanted :) I don't care if it has a spoiler or whatnot but I just want it in blazing blue haha and at least have the power options.. I have never had a vehicle without power options. guess i'm spoiled :)
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #8
tacsniper

Drives: 07 White Yaris RS
it took me 3 weeks from the day i test drove the car to the day I picked it up... keep waiting... it will pay off when you get the keys ;), In the mean time start ordering the upgrades you want to do such as springs, after market spoiler, fog lights etc etc
tacsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:00 AM   #9
sherryberry

thanks for the support!! it was fine waiting the first two weeks but then as it gets closer to closer to getting my yaris, it gets harder and harder!! haha i'll def. be posting pics once I get it.