PDA

View Full Version : Be Careful About The Prices.

Buckethead
07-23-2006, 09:37 AM
The sales dude kept talking about aftermarket markups, because people were just scooping them up no matter what options they had... He said, that there are some places marking them up 3,000$ above sticker. Wether this is true or not, or schtick? I told him I would buy it for sticker, or walk. Discounts are non existent, but you will have to fight your ass off for a lower interest rate. They don't wanna give you anything! They do appear to be moving a lot of product, though.

oktaren
07-23-2006, 09:42 AM
yes yes yes! exactly the same thing i had to go through. and i was buying one with 4k miles on it and slightly used. the interest rate thing was crazy. i was able to get 4 points lower finding my own financing and they were trying to talk me into taking the 4 point higher financing :) lol, are they nuts?

Chaad32
07-23-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree. Check out this thread on YarisWorld
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1010

asa805
07-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Honestly your best chance of getting a good deal on this car is if you get lucky and they have one in stock unaccounted for on the last day of the month at night. They make monthly bonuses and that same car is worth a lot more on the last day of the mo nth than sold the next day. This is what happened to me on May 31st. They were littereally begging me to buy the car. They were trying to throw stuff in for me. They tried marking up the alarm system and i was about to walk so they lowered it by 500. Still i think i could have gotten ALOT better deal. Too bad i have zip negotiating skills.

I guess you just hav to get lucky. Better chances of getting a better deal on sedans i would think. Always buy on the last of the month. And go at night.

ctrj
07-23-2006, 03:01 PM
If you're paying above sticker, you're nuts! We special ordered our Yaris Sedan and paid sticker for it. This was back in May. The price difference between invoice and sticker is not much and most dealers are not dealing on these cars. But DON'T pay more than sticker!!!

costaricandreams
07-23-2006, 04:16 PM
Take one look at www.cars.com and dealerships are selling used (about 4,000 mi.) hatchbacks for 17k. It's nuttz. Whatever you do, don't pay more than sticker. The dealership is already ripping you off. Don't give them one dollar more than you have to.

oktaren
07-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Take one look at www.cars.com and dealerships are selling used (about 4,000 mi.) hatchbacks for 17k. It's nuttz. Whatever you do, don't pay more than sticker. The dealership is already ripping you off. Don't give them one dollar more than you have to.

wow, that makes me feel good. i got one with about 4k miles with windows tinted, an undercoating put on and paid about 1000 under msrp.

TRD_Yaris
07-23-2006, 10:14 PM
If you're paying above sticker, you're nuts! We special ordered our Yaris Sedan and paid sticker for it. This was back in May. The price difference between invoice and sticker is not much and most dealers are not dealing on these cars. But DON'T pay more than sticker!!!

Dealers are scuzzbuckets..you would think a quick-selling car like this would give them a break..but no. If they see the SLIGHTEST chance of screwing you, you're rear's gonna be sore the next morning, guaranteed.

JustBurn
07-24-2006, 02:02 AM
I purchased my Yaris at Concord Toyota in California.

Sticker price (with options) was $15,950
I purchased the car for $14,100 without even asking for a deal. I was ready to purchase at their asking price.

Keep in mind that my S model also has every option you could get i believe.

Power package with mp3, spoiler, fogs, alloys, carpet, cruise, upgraded interior cloth... the only option i don't have is AT or the rear bumper protection thing.

I almost bought a Corolla... But the corolla S started at like 17K i believe... I'd rather have the top of the line Yaris than the base corolla...

what did everyone else pay?

for what its worth... I priced mine out on Cars.com and they are saying invoice is...

$14,717

And MSRP is...

$15,800

Those are with most of my options... Its missing some stuff like the floormats and maybe something else too (not sure if i have the side curtain airbags...)

So i payed roughly 1800 under MSRP, and 750+ under invoice (floormats add like $150)

TRD_Yaris
07-24-2006, 04:12 AM
I purchased my Yaris at Concord Toyota in California.

Sticker price (with options) was $15,950
I purchased the car for $14,100 without even asking for a deal. I was ready to purchase at their asking price.

Keep in mind that my S model also has every option you could get i believe.

Power package with mp3, spoiler, fogs, alloys, carpet, cruise, upgraded interior cloth... the only option i don't have is AT or the rear bumper protection thing.

I almost bought a Corolla... But the corolla S started at like 17K i believe... I'd rather have the top of the line Yaris than the base corolla...

what did everyone else pay?

for what its worth... I priced mine out on Cars.com and they are saying invoice is...

$14,717

And MSRP is...

$15,800

Those are with most of my options... Its missing some stuff like the floormats and maybe something else too (not sure if i have the side curtain airbags...)

So i payed roughly 1800 under MSRP, and 750+ under invoice (floormats add like $150)

You're gonna get some hate-mail for this one :laugh:
Good price on the Sedan. I hate to admit I paid darn-close-to MSRP on my Liftback.

Dawn Eshelman
07-24-2006, 04:22 AM
My dealer had a $2,500 mark up above MSRP...of course they can get away with it here in Maui. Only dealership on the island, so there's no competition. I could have shipped one from Oahu for MSRP, but I wanted to dump my VW Beetle. So...they say they gave me $5,650 for my bug, and charged me $15,650 (with markup) for the Yaris. I say I got the Yaris for $13,650, and they gave me $3,650 for the bug...either way I paid $10,000 w/trade. Mine had ABS & Convenience. I ended up with 4.5% at my credit union...