PDA

View Full Version : yaris sedan remote trunk relase question pls help soon

fantabulousbaby
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
hi all, i'm supposed to order my yaris today. the thing is, i want to add a viper alarm/keyless entry/remote start aftermarket. I want the trunk release on the viper (auxiliary button) to work... in the yaris brochure it says that "remote trunk release" is standard.. but keyless entry is $230 more. I thought the remote trunk release button was on the same thing as the keyless entry thing, so how could this be? i test drove the sedan (i'm ordering the "S") and there was only the latch trunk release (next to the gas release thing). Toyota can't mean that latch is 'remote' right? can some of u look in ur cars? (circuit city dude says there's no need to pay extra for factory keyless entry system if I'm gonna install a viper anyway, he can do the trunk release on the auxiliary button long as the trunk release is 'electronic' aka non-latch). So what does the car have??

fnkngrv
08-04-2006, 03:46 PM
I believe that it is a mechanical latch from what I can see

mikeukrainetz
08-04-2006, 04:16 PM
remote trunk release is just another lever along side the gas door release i think.

Chaad32
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
remote trunk release is just another lever along side the gas door release i think.

Yes it is, and it is mechanical, but any good auto instalation store could put a remote release on it. All they do is add a selinoid.

johnnyfive
08-05-2006, 01:26 AM
actuator...not selinoid :) but it is fairly easy, and any profesional installer should be able to do it, i would imagin that maybe even circit city can do it...