PDA

View Full Version : thx 4 all ur help! i placed my order & got great deal, i think

fantabulousbaby
08-04-2006, 11:23 PM
after all my question asking & scouring the country.. i placed my order tonight!!!! I'm gettin:

Silver Streak Mica Yaris "S" sedan with Charcoal interior
Rear spoiler w/ brake led
Side/Curtain airbags
Fog Lamps
Exhaust tip
Power Package w/ alloys

I got him to charge me invoice on the base (car itself), and let me add all the above options at invoice as well. Then he added $100. So that's all he made (I did my research to make sure our invoice prices matched, and there are no incentives offered right now of course). Then he gave me a full detail, full tank of gas, and 4 oil changes free (yes, I got all these 'gifts' in writing). I am delighted, just hope it does'nt take 3+ months. So my car cost $15160 b4 TTL, dest charge and fees.

When I get it I'm gonna add navigation, moonroof, 35% tint and Viper keyless/alarm/remote start. I can't wait!!!!

Fyi my salesdude was completely up front with me and I found out they make bout $700 if u buy msrp. feel free 2 share ur thoughts!!! :headbang: :w00t:

sroberts
08-04-2006, 11:41 PM
I think you made a good decision. I am loving my Sedan so far, it’s so much fun to drive. Sounds like you got a good deal too, especially for a "S". Just be patient and you won’t be disappointed. Keeps up posted when you get it.

TRD_Yaris
08-04-2006, 11:50 PM
NICE!! I haven't found any around, but with a price like that you are BETTER OFF waiting for your order!! i'm happy to hear you're getting the cool add-ons that I REGRET not having on a daily basis :laugh: :cry:

fantabulousbaby
08-05-2006, 12:04 AM
I know it's gonna be so hard waiting... lol it's the first night and I'm antsy! I'm sooo happy cuz essentially I will have a truly fully loaded and safe, reliable import that actually looks good with 4 doors and gets 40 mpg around 20K (after I'm done with it)!!!!!! I didn't think that would be possible 4 awhile.

Fyi for those placing special orders, they only 'put em in' once a month. For example, in my case (TX), it's the 22nd, so I have to wait til then for Toyota to recieved my order request. Gggrrrrrr

I've been reading other posts bout yaris' gettin keyed... if I caught someone in action they will say hello to my lil friend smith & wesson!! :wink:

Chaad32
08-05-2006, 07:28 AM
after all my question asking & scouring the country.. i placed my order tonight!!!! I'm gettin:

Silver Streak Mica Yaris "S" sedan with Charcoal interior
Rear spoiler w/ brake led
Side/Curtain airbags
Fog Lamps
Exhaust tip
Power Package w/ alloys

I got him to charge me invoice on the base (car itself), and let me add all the above options at invoice as well. Then he added $100. So that's all he made (I did my research to make sure our invoice prices matched, and there are no incentives offered right now of course). Then he gave me a full detail, full tank of gas, and 4 oil changes free (yes, I got all these 'gifts' in writing). I am delighted, just hope it does'nt take 3+ months. So my car cost $15160 b4 TTL, dest charge and fees.

When I get it I'm gonna add navigation, moonroof, 35% tint and Viper keyless/alarm/remote start. I can't wait!!!!

Fyi my salesdude was completely up front with me and I found out they make bout $700 if u buy msrp. feel free 2 share ur thoughts!!! :headbang: :w00t:

Do you plan on getting in-dash navi or one of those Garmins that you stick to the windshield?

makelikemorning
08-05-2006, 09:51 AM
I hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't all he made. The Yaris has a 2% holdback, which I believe is calculated using the base MSRP. Also, to let it go at that price, he probably got a volume discount from Toyota, and/or screwed you on your trade-in (if you traded something in) and/or made some money in financing the vehicle (if you financed at the dealership). The final price of the car rarely ever tells the whole story (unless, of course, you pay cash/finance elsewhere and sell your would-be trade-in yourself, which is what you should be doing, but then, there's the issue of the volume discount, which is difficult - if not impossible - to substantiate in the negotiation process).

Still, it's good to hear someone paying less than MSRP for their new Yaris. Did you buy at month-end? What kind of fees are we talking about, and how much were they?

fantabulousbaby
08-05-2006, 02:54 PM
First, I'm getting the in-dash. Probably an Eclipse 5000 series. But, it might be a couple g's when it's said and done, so there's a small chance I might buy a Garmin Nuvi (Yao Ming commercial). They are tiny and portable, I don't think I've stick it to my window, very tacky. I would hold it :)

Re the price I got: I'm not doing financing through them. Still trying to debate if I'll pay cash, write a convenience check through my fav credit card, or go through Capital One auto finance. I had no trade in, and I can't speak for volume discounts on special orders from Japan. I did not buy at month's end. Actually, I placed the order last night, 8/4. (FYI here in TX they only put in orders once a month, in my case the 22nd. From now til then, Toyota does not have my order). You are completely right about numbers and how they don't tell the whole story.

Lastly, fees, fees, fees. Perhaps I was too excited last night when I said "$100 is all he made". Of course that's not true (but, I will add, I worked at an Infiniti dealership for a short period, and we got paid 25% of dealer profit; so whatever numbers are in favor of the dealer, we got only a small piece of that). Upon reviewing my model cost simulator price sheet, there are a list of fees that seem unnecessary (actually when I went in the internet sales manager I'd been dealing with was busy and I got a regular sales manager instead). Below are the fees, but don't bite your lip yet (these fees are besides destination, tax/title/license/doc fees, and the $100 I promised him):

TMF/Toyota Marketing Fees 200.00
TAF/Toyota Advertising Fees 295.00
Base-Veh-HB 283.00
Finance Reserves 141.00

Ouch, right? I agree, but hear me out.. after research and talking with a few knowledgables, between the TMF and TAF, they are pretty much legit fees, but a very honest/generous dealer would not charge you at all, or charge you one of them. I have since gotten in touch with the INTERNET manager and he accepted my offer of adding them 2 together and dividing by 2 = $250. That seems fair to me. The Base-Veh-Hb is basically holdback and that's bs cuz that's what the factory pays them after the car is sold, so charging me for it is double dipping. The finance reserves is also bs cuz this is basically dealership assistance in the form on interest money it cost for the dealer to borrow money to buy the car and have it sit out on the lot. Doesn't apply to me cuz mine's coming straight from Japan and won't be on the lot. So the holdback and the finance reserves should be removed as well. After all this is said, Toyota has middlemen when buying their cars so their fees are higher. Sometimes they also charge these fees to make up for other cars on the lot that have been sitting as well as service. But anyway, I didn't want to post all the numbers cuz that may confuse you, but I've recalculated over and over and somehow I still saved $900 on the TOTAL by buying invoice vs. if I would've bought msrp, which is very odd cuz that is like the diff b/t invoice an msrp before all the fees, so where did the fees go?? I dunno...I am lost in the numbers. The sales manager had mentioned that msrp includes all these fees what you just don't see them. But if he's adding them to my invoice, aren't I going towards msrp? But oddly enough, their invoice is lower than edmund's invoice, so I wonder if edmund's just doesn't break it down and toyota does, or if toyota's lower invoice is truly that, and I'm paying for the fees........ sorry for the confusion??

fantabulousbaby
08-05-2006, 02:58 PM
Also, I'm not sure if it matters but I think it does.. before all these fees were added, I was being 'billed' invoice on the car base AND INVOICE FOR ALL OPTIONS...for example spoiler msrp was 430 and I got it for invoice, 348. So i did 'save' money on everything I added.

makelikemorning
08-05-2006, 08:56 PM
But anyway, I didn't want to post all the numbers cuz that may confuse you, but I've recalculated over and over and somehow I still saved $900 on the TOTAL by buying invoice vs. if I would've bought msrp, which is very odd cuz that is like the diff b/t invoice an msrp before all the fees, so where did the fees go?? I dunno...I am lost in the numbers.

Ha! Try me; I'm an accountant! :) No, really, it's alright. I still think you did well. It sounds like their strategy was to put you at ease by getting you as close as possible to invoice while inundating you with fees that were probably - like you said - partially legitimate and partially padding or already included in the invoice. No one could make sense of that without a great deal of industry-specific information and a spreadsheet in-hand.