PDA

View Full Version : speed camera...

runaway
02-04-2009, 02:03 AM
all right...so i think ive just been done by a speed camera...but im not quite sure.

Going down a fairly long straight road, saw the back of a white van on the side. I saw it flash twice. But there was also two other vehicles heading towards me in the other lane. Whats the chances that it was me that it got me?

jinxor
02-04-2009, 02:30 AM
hmmm... I am not quite sure on the chances that you were caught... I guess just wait and watch... if the rta sends you a love letter, you pay them if they dont drive carefully next time... :thumbup:

runaway
02-04-2009, 02:44 AM
im still 50/50 on the whole thing because i saw my speed at around 64-63 thinking itd be ok in a 60 zone.

ruimond
02-04-2009, 02:52 AM
I've been flashed before when i was next to another car, and usually they don't fine you. Because i guess they can't tell who was speeding. But if you were only going 63-64 in at 60 zone, pretty sure your safe anyway...i was told if your only doing like 5km/h faster then the speed limit you don't get a fine, because not everyones speedos are the same so they give and take a few km/h, if its a small amount. Not 100% certain, was just told this by someone.

Ferret_san
02-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Do a Clarkson's Bill Oddie face mask [S11E04].....

*MAD DOG*
02-04-2009, 06:37 AM
all right...so i think ive just been done by a speed camera...but im not quite sure.

Going down a fairly long straight road, saw the back of a white van on the side. I saw it flash twice. But there was also two other vehicles heading towards me in the other lane. Whats the chances that it was me that it got me?

When you get a fine in the mail, you'll know. If you don't get a fine within 3 months consider yourself not booked unless you end up with a letter after 3 months.

saspy
02-04-2009, 08:06 AM
oh~ i was doing 119 in a 100zone saw two cop cars with cameras on the highway, there didnt even bother chase me.

or its a hightech camera with highspeed capture >.< and it was on australia day too.

hasher22
02-11-2009, 01:54 AM
oh~ i was doing 119 in a 100zone saw two cop cars with cameras on the highway, there didnt even bother chase me.

or its a hightech camera with highspeed capture >.< and it was on australia day too.

Lol they only catch the ones that really speed on the highway

In regards of the camera flashing, wait for the mail (if you do get it...will be around 2 weeks to 1 month you will get it) review it and see the picture they took on the website.

Speedz
03-27-2009, 09:45 AM
so so so did you get the ticket?

firebob
03-27-2009, 10:29 AM
I see you’re in Australia but my post is biased off the US so this might help.

Most police agencies will give you 5 mph. This is for tire wear and for you speedometer not being 100% right from the factory.

If you did get one go to the court house and file the paper work to get the model number, serial number, and testing records for the unit. Look up the owner’s manual on the internet and compare it to the testing log shows that the unit was accrete when you were ticketed and that they did the proper upkeep to the unit. Look for any information on the model about recalls or other pertinent information that you should know.

It’s your right to have all the information about the unit and system that is giving you a ticket so use it. I have gotten out of every speeding ticket by the mail and phone that was given to me off one of the camera systems. The units do not get the required upkeep that the manufactures suggest witch causes reasonable doubt.

runaway
03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
well its been awhile and still havent seen any speeding ticket in the mail so far so i guess i got away with it or it might have just been glare i saw. Either way im gonna watch my speedo, haha.

But yea i spoke to a couple of people and they said usually they give you a 10% leverage in a 50 area you can go like 55 or so.

hasher22
05-15-2009, 09:38 PM
most speed cameras has like a increase speed limit flash thing.....

like if theres a 90km/h camera and your doing 93 they usually dont flash.....but i would just keep it safe and go 90 or under.....