Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
runaway

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
speed camera...

all right...so i think ive just been done by a speed camera...but im not quite sure.

Going down a fairly long straight road, saw the back of a white van on the side. I saw it flash twice. But there was also two other vehicles heading towards me in the other lane. Whats the chances that it was me that it got me?
runaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
hmmm... I am not quite sure on the chances that you were caught... I guess just wait and watch... if the rta sends you a love letter, you pay them if they dont drive carefully next time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
runaway

im still 50/50 on the whole thing because i saw my speed at around 64-63 thinking itd be ok in a 60 zone.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
I've been flashed before when i was next to another car, and usually they don't fine you. Because i guess they can't tell who was speeding. But if you were only going 63-64 in at 60 zone, pretty sure your safe anyway...i was told if your only doing like 5km/h faster then the speed limit you don't get a fine, because not everyones speedos are the same so they give and take a few km/h, if its a small amount. Not 100% certain, was just told this by someone.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 AM   #5
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Do a Clarkson's Bill Oddie face mask [S11E04].....
Attached Images

Last edited by Ferret_san; 02-04-2009 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Pitty about the rego thing though :)
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:37 AM   #6
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway View Post
all right...so i think ive just been done by a speed camera...but im not quite sure.

Going down a fairly long straight road, saw the back of a white van on the side. I saw it flash twice. But there was also two other vehicles heading towards me in the other lane. Whats the chances that it was me that it got me?

When you get a fine in the mail, you'll know. If you don't get a fine within 3 months consider yourself not booked unless you end up with a letter after 3 months.

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
saspy

Drives: Toyota Yaris
oh~ i was doing 119 in a 100zone saw two cop cars with cameras on the highway, there didnt even bother chase me.

or its a hightech camera with highspeed capture >.< and it was on australia day too.
saspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by saspy View Post
oh~ i was doing 119 in a 100zone saw two cop cars with cameras on the highway, there didnt even bother chase me.

or its a hightech camera with highspeed capture >.< and it was on australia day too.
Lol they only catch the ones that really speed on the highway

In regards of the camera flashing, wait for the mail (if you do get it...will be around 2 weeks to 1 month you will get it) review it and see the picture they took on the website.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
so so so did you get the ticket?
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
I see you’re in Australia but my post is biased off the US so this might help.

Most police agencies will give you 5 mph. This is for tire wear and for you speedometer not being 100% right from the factory.

If you did get one go to the court house and file the paper work to get the model number, serial number, and testing records for the unit. Look up the owner’s manual on the internet and compare it to the testing log shows that the unit was accrete when you were ticketed and that they did the proper upkeep to the unit. Look for any information on the model about recalls or other pertinent information that you should know.

It’s your right to have all the information about the unit and system that is giving you a ticket so use it. I have gotten out of every speeding ticket by the mail and phone that was given to me off one of the camera systems. The units do not get the required upkeep that the manufactures suggest witch causes reasonable doubt.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 AM   #11
runaway

well its been awhile and still havent seen any speeding ticket in the mail so far so i guess i got away with it or it might have just been glare i saw. Either way im gonna watch my speedo, haha.

But yea i spoke to a couple of people and they said usually they give you a 10% leverage in a 50 area you can go like 55 or so.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #12
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
most speed cameras has like a increase speed limit flash thing.....

like if theres a 90km/h camera and your doing 93 they usually dont flash.....but i would just keep it safe and go 90 or under.....