PDA

View Full Version : Got mine last night............

DonnyRebel
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
YeeHaaaaaaa..........

Got my Meteorite 07 2dr Liftback last night!!!!!!!

My wife and I put about 75 miles on it and it's everything we hoped it would be.

One thing I noticed though....Has anyone else noticed that there's (what looks like) a plastic decal on the running board area just in front of the rear wheels?

When it reflects in the sunlight it sort of looks like there's a horizontal scratch in the decal. Is this normal? What is it there for? Can it (or should it) be removed?

Other than that, the car is flawless! It has an incredibly solid feel for such a little sh*tbox of a car. I've always been GM dyed-in-the-wool, but I have to admit.......they just don't build a car like this!

Toyota 1 GM 0 (on this one.....) :w00t:

sroberts
08-17-2006, 11:16 AM
One thing I noticed though....Has anyone else noticed that there's (what looks like) a plastic decal on the running board area just in front of the rear wheels?

When it reflects in the sunlight it sort of looks like there's a horizontal scratch in the decal. Is this normal? What is it there for? Can it (or should it) be removed?

Not sure what you mean decal. Can you take a pic? If you talking about the clear chip guard then that is pretty common. I have it on mine.

ChinoCharles
08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Oh my god, if you lived a few states further south comments like that would be considered blasphemy! I know what you mean though, whenever someone with an american car rags on me for having a little tiny Yaris I have to settle myself down. I just want to ask them where THEIR car will be in 150,000 miles. :tongue:

As far as the decal, I didn't have anything like that on mine when I got it. I'm not sure what is going on there, but I'm sure someone will help you before you know it.

But yeah, congrats on the car! Give her a sexy wax job and take some pics soon. :thumbup:

DonnyRebel
08-17-2006, 12:44 PM
I guess it is some sort of chip guard.....but that's kind of a useless place to have one. I'm still wondering why it has that crease that looks like a scratch (when the light hits it just so). Thanks.

ECHOKnight2000
08-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Congrats! And welcome to Toyota!:thumbsup:

Chris07LB
08-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I guess it is some sort of chip guard.....but that's kind of a useless place to have one. I'm still wondering why it has that crease that looks like a scratch (when the light hits it just so). Thanks.

Thats exactly what it is.. dont remove it, it will make a mess.

as400g33k
08-17-2006, 06:37 PM
grats on getting on your ride, man!