PDA

View Full Version : Need yall's help on how to get my money's worth :)

fantabulousbaby
08-20-2006, 01:20 AM
So... I'm the one that ordered a Yaris "S" fully loaded (w/ side & curtain too!) at $100 over invoice in TX (even added options at invoice).. initially they said 8-12 weeks, but 2 weeks into it they said 'Toyota is jumping to 2008 production of Yaris' and if I insist on the extra airbags (which I do), it would be up to 2 yrs. BS!! The regional distributor is having issues, cuz I located the exact car outside my region. SO>> I'm flying to pick up my Yaris in Phoenix Thursday!!! SO excited.. but they were asking over MSRP, and the fleet manager was willing to take a few hundred off.. which basically came to MSRP.. I feel shitty cuz I've ALWAYS gotten a steal.. also.. I have to pay Arizona tax at 8.1% vs Texas' 6.25%, which sucks. And I have to drive almost 1200 miles back to Houston.. I got him to pay for my one way out there, and he's gonna throw in tint and pick me up. Call me greedy (I'm just a college girl :) ).. but I need ideas on what else to ask for that he could 'throw in'.. I have a feeling I have a chance of talking him into doing so when I meet him.. I'm just trying to think of what! I think I may need 'material ideas' instead of asking him to take more off the price. THX 4 ur input!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

jmew0ng
08-20-2006, 04:38 AM
that's some pretty nice deal.. maybe ask for trd suspension or trd muffler? the S has almost everything in it I believe... don't know what else you'd want haha. Sorry about our 8.1% tax... we should do some sort of AZ meet while you're here hah.

Oh if they don't pick you up... I guess I could help ya out ^^;

Boo
08-20-2006, 06:43 AM
I have to pay Arizona tax at 8.1% vs Texas' 6.25%, which sucks.

Tax is based on where you live (your home address) not where you buy.. so you will be charged with 6.25% not 8.1% :thumbup:

fantabulousbaby
08-20-2006, 03:13 PM
did my research already.. i wish boo was right..

"Nonresidents from California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, and Washington:

These states’ tax rates are all higher than the Arizona transaction privilege (5.6%) tax rate. Therefore, sales of motor vehicles to nonresidents from these states are subject to the full rates of Arizona taxes (8.1%) if the nonresident purchaser takes possession of the vehicle in Arizona. However, these states provide reciprocity*for tax paid in Arizona, and will therefore allow a credit for the state tax paid in Arizona."

BOO! I'm sure I'm purchasing the most expensive Yaris ever.. will prolly be close to $20K

Jem_hadar
08-20-2006, 05:50 PM
that's some pretty nice deal.. maybe ask for trd suspension or Sorry about our 8.1% tax...

Better than our 14% here in Ontario (8% PST and 6% GST)

Has been 15% for over a decade until this past July, when 1% was nocked (finally) off the GST.

Tax is based on where you live (your home address) not where you buy.. so you will be charged with 6.25% not 8.1% :thumbup:

Really? Thats the way it works in the States? Not here in Canada. Where you buy ALWAYS determines the tax your paying, simple as that.

That woudl be so complicated... does that rule u stated apply to all goods and services, or just cars and a few other things?

fantabulousbaby
08-21-2006, 12:06 AM
That 'rule' applies to motor vehicle sales to nonresidents only, far as I know. Does any1 know if they stock accessories at the dealership/ in their service & parts dept? I plan on signing the paperwork and starting my drive back the same night.. if I ask them for more "free stuff", are they even going to have it there?

Boo
08-21-2006, 12:15 AM
Better than our 14% here in Ontario (8% PST and 6% GST)

Has been 15% for over a decade until this past July, when 1% was nocked (finally) off the GST.

Really? Thats the way it works in the States? Not here in Canada. Where you buy ALWAYS determines the tax your paying, simple as that.

That woudl be so complicated... does that rule u stated apply to all goods and services, or just cars and a few other things?

Yes, that is how it works over here. If we use the Canadian tax rule, every one will buy cars in Oregon. (since they have no sales tax) :biggrin:

kontayjus
08-21-2006, 04:27 AM
.. initially they said 8-12 weeks, but 2 weeks into it they said 'Toyota is jumping to 2008 production of Yaris' and if I insist on the extra airbags (which I do), it would be up to 2 yrs. BS!!

Wait, what about 2008??

fantabulousbaby
08-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Re the 2008's:

I was told by a fleet manager that they stopped production on the 2007's already. I didn't quite understand.. and he didn't elaborate.. but he said if I wanted the sedan, it would arrive by October. So maybe their production quotas have been met and cars are just waiting to be allocated/shipped.. not sure. But that's ok, it true, I'll have one for a year when most ppl can't get :)

ECHOKnight2000
08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Re the 2008's:

I was told by a fleet manager that they stopped production on the 2007's already. I didn't quite understand.. and he didn't elaborate.. but he said if I wanted the sedan, it would arrive by October. So maybe their production quotas have been met and cars are just waiting to be allocated/shipped.. not sure. But that's ok, it true, I'll have one for a year when most ppl can't get :)

I think that is B.S., its not even 2007 and they discontinued it??? hummm.:bs:

Boo
08-21-2006, 10:56 PM
Re the 2008's:

That sounds like they want your CASH right now, rather than 4 or 5 months later for a custom build one.

Boo
08-21-2006, 10:57 PM
BTW, I already had mine in the garage :thumbup:

pennystocks
08-22-2006, 01:04 AM
1200 miles to get yours, god dam. I kinda feel lucky now.
I walked into my dealer looking at a 99 civic and walked out w/ a yaris.
He showed me it, and i was like, wtf is this? :iono: Ooh, its nice, Ok i'll take it :biggrin:

riceboy
08-22-2006, 07:16 AM
2008's won't be released until at least next year... I think it's BS...

Jem_hadar
08-22-2006, 08:30 AM
That sounds like they want your CASH right now, rather than 4 or 5 months later for a custom build one.

Yeah, sounds like that to me... fishy if so... I'd not be impressed AT ALL.

Jem

pennystocks
08-23-2006, 12:19 AM
Yea, most dealers are bs. They just know no dealer will trade them one cause they seem to rare now, i dunno. My friend was looking at saturn skys and they told her it was a 18 month wait (not a typo for weeks, 1.5 year wait, lol), i dunno bout that one, lol. She got a Mercedes c230 so its all good tho =D