PDA

View Full Version : Costco discount

Bretsuaz
08-30-2006, 01:18 AM
I decided today that I wanted a Yaris hatch. Made a few phone calls and found a white auto, with convenience and cold weather package that is arriving in the LA port tomorrow and to the dealer saturday. The interesting part is they are selling it to me for 300.00 below msrp. Apparently this discount is given to all Costco members. I didnt even have to ask for it! The other dealer I spoke with was charging more than msrp. This dealer even had a red hatch with 5sp and no options available. After the discount it was only 11,200.00. Has anyone else used the Costco discount?

jmew0ng
08-30-2006, 01:22 AM
Yay another polar white hb in arizona!

and I wasn't offered costco discount :| I'd think you'd have to buy a car from the costco showcase area in order to get the discount. Weird haha.

P.S. You should post in the southwest section in regional area :D

riceboy
08-30-2006, 10:32 AM
You'd be surprised at the number of different discounts you can receive...

60 Somethings
08-31-2006, 12:04 PM
SUGGESTION: If you are a COSTCO member, go on-line at COSTCO auto buying website and "register" for a referral to local Toyota Dealer on the COSTCO program.

They will contact you by phone after you're in the system.

The Discounts I have seen have been from $500 under MSRP to $500 over Invoice (better on a fully loaded car like our 4Runner was).

We got fully loaded Yaris LB for $500 under MSRP - think he did us out of a couple of hundred by flipping from $500 over Invoice to $500 under MSRP (great for strippo, but not a loaded car) This was our 2nd COSTCO purchase and we did not "register" for it, so appears they did not have to report it to COSTCO. (I figure they/he actually earned a couple of hundred extra for finding us a FULLY LOADED LB and delivering in about 10 days - They have not seen another one since - neither have we - and that was in May!)

Moral to the story: To get COSTCO deal, REGISTER with COSTCO auto buying website!