PDA

View Full Version : Where not to buy from in SE VA- any "CASEY" Dealer

fyman
09-14-2006, 07:26 PM
We placed our order in July for the Hatchback, AutoTrans, Loaded, Blazing blue.
Were told how "Lucky" we were to pay sticker price and have it allocated and to expect delivery 9-12-06 (six weeks wait).
Now the circus starts- Casey Dealership manager calls to tell us of the "coding error" and that they allocated the wrong color. BTW, we have the order sheet that shows the CORRECT color and what options for what price.
Only offer is to wait another six weeks for a "Highest Priority Request" on the next allocation.
We already bought $600 in accessories, set up insurance, and did the loan prequalification hoopla.

This is how they treat a longtime toyota customer that ALREADY OWN a tacoma AND a 4Runner. Don't deal with this dealership- you'll be glad you avoided them. CASEY TOYOTA WILLIAMSBURG.

kaymm
09-14-2006, 10:36 PM
That really sucks!

I ordered a Yaris and it was supposed to come in 3 weeks, instead it came in 2 weeks so I was lucky. I was fully expecting them to give me some excuse about how they don't have the car. In the future I will make sure they put in writing that if I don't get the car by the date they stated, I get my deposit back and walk.

tiksman
09-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I was told that I could order one but they would not guarantee options or color. They said they could put it on the order sheet but had no real control if they got it or not. I waited and got lucky and they got a red one exactly with the options I wanted. Sorry to hear about your problems. Hope you get one soon

07WYarisRS
09-15-2006, 12:05 AM
That sucks and good job on the heads up.

I oreder mine on a Thursday and they located one up near TO and I had it by Saturday.
The ONLY down side was delivering added 100km but because of that they offered a couple free oil changes and full tank of fuel. By Monday I had the extras I had ordered.
I would recommend them to anyone

Bills Toyota in Fort Erie

pxpaulx
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
i got mine on dealer trade too - 214 miles away! but, it was driven by some retired guy so i'm sure he treated it nicely. my dealer is one of those ones that has several dealerships locally that sell different makes, they didn't discount the price at all, but they offer free oil changes for life (well you have to get their maintenance, but for $160 i'll get the first 15K maint., that'll pay for 8 oil changes too, a fair trade...i'm gonna stop at the 30k maint. though, $360 bucks!). you also get 5cents off/gallon at a particular station - but most other stations honor it too. $250 off your next vehicle purchase with them as well, so i'm happy!

i went with the convenience package, got it on trade in 3 weeks. my saleswoman said there were 8 people waiting for a sedan 5spd w/power package. i'll roll my own windows and lock my own doors if i don't have to wait that long, thank you very much!

Miceer
09-15-2006, 03:24 PM
sorry to hear you had troubles, i had some too. in edmonton alberta, on aug 5th i put down my deposit and on the 7th they called me and said that my car would be ready for pickup on the 24th. on the 24 i was called and told the 5th of september. on the 5th i was told the car was not ready and the 5th was an ETA it may be a few more days. i figured i cant let this go on any longer so i went down and demanded my deposit back ( i made them write down on the contract that if i did not have the car by the 24th of aug the would refund me in full.) the sales guy said one min, when he came back he handed me a set of keys!! i was like wow that car got ready fast!! but the keys were not for my car. they gave me a 2005 corola and told me drive it as much as i like untill my car is ready. i figured this is an ok deal.. i did not sign anything saying i took the car. so 7 days later on the 12th they called me and i finally got my car. in those 7 days i put 1200 km on that corola :redface:

the loaner car made things a bit better but my next new car well not be from that dealership. still a toyota though.