PDA

View Full Version : getting a yaris... questions...

ku-rei
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
hello all! :smile:

i am only 15 right now but i am already looking at cars!:thumbup: the yaris seems like a cool entry level yet neat car. i think it would make a good first car for me. after weeks of researching on line and looking at yarises at my local toyota dealer, i still cant decide if i want the sedan or the liftback!:iono: also, part of me wants to deck out the yaris as a sporty/modern car (blue lights inside, sport knob and pedals ect.) yet another part of me wants to make it more lexus-ish (upgrading the fabric on the seats to something leather or more fancy, getting redwood trim or something ect.) would one yaris be better than the other for either of these options? which option do you all think would be more worth it? comments? ideas? opinions?

thnx:biggrin:

- Saatona Kurei

ECHOKnight2000
10-11-2006, 08:59 PM
This one is going to spark a good debate, hatch VS. sedan.
Anyway for me personally I would pick hatch hands down...don't get me wrong the sedan is nice looking but for me personally I prefer hatches, plus I think they look cool and funky, also being in the U.S. not as common! It really comes down to personal preference, some are going to say hatch :biggrin: and others sedan:rolleyes: But what's important is what YOU want and that you are HAPPY with your purchase. Since the Yaris is new in the U.S. its still awhile for a decent aftermarket following but there is stuff out there...especially after SEMA (November) that should boost interest in aftermarket goodies. I would go the Lexus route rather the ricer route, the way you imply doing this stuff seems like you have some nice $$$ stashed? Or is this just a list of future mods? Both Yarii are great for modding so I don't think it should matter, its just a taste of hatch or sedan, although at this point the hatch may have more stuff availible as its based off the JDM Vitz which seems to have more of an aftermarket following than the JDM Belta (Yaris sedan) right now, but that could change. Anyway I wish you luck! And keep us posted!:thumbsup:

ku-rei
10-11-2006, 09:23 PM
i have some $$$ :laugh: ... but these are pretty much just mod ideas. i love the hatchback but the one thing that i really hate is the blue spotted gray fabric. it just gives me this 'cheap' feel when i look at it:tongue: . do you think that the black would be a good color for the lexus route? ive always liked cars that are dark on the outside but light on the inside. I also really like the "bisque" color that the sedan offers for the interior.

ECHOKnight2000
10-11-2006, 11:13 PM
i have some $$$ :laugh: ... but these are pretty much just mod ideas. i love the hatchback but the one thing that i really hate is the blue spotted gray fabric. it just gives me this 'cheap' feel when i look at it:tongue: . do you think that the black would be a good color for the lexus route? ive always liked cars that are dark on the outside but light on the inside. I also really like the "bisque" color that the sedan offers for the interior.

Black cars are nice but a pain in the butt to keep up but I guess that's the price you pay. Don't get me wrong I love my car but I think I'm going to swear off of black for the next car...yeah, if you don't like the front seats or any of them in the hatch, switch them out or get really nice seat covers:biggrin: Well this is an ECONOMY car not a Lexus so obviously it would be "cheap" but I get what you're saying!
You could go white...just have dark tint, big pimpin'!
I attatched pictures of the PREVIOUS gen Yaris, some guy made it look like a Lexus or that theme, maybe it will give you some ideas!

jeff_o
10-11-2006, 11:19 PM
i had a friend who owned an acura legend that got totalled recently, it was wet look gloss black and she and her husband took good care of it. i was askin her if black is a good choice. she said it's nice and elegant and classy... but hot on summertime. plus the dirt are seen easily and you have to keep up to washing it to look clean.

ku-rei
10-11-2006, 11:32 PM
hmmm.... well i guess that i could go with the meteorite metallic and it would still look classy. i also really like the blazing blue pearl but i dont know if it would really go with the "lexusesque" theme. then again it would look nice with the planned bisque interior. does anyone know a site that has some nice seat covers?(fabric probably i looked at leather ones and they are expeeeensive. mabey some fake leather if it looks nice.)

Yaris-TJ
10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
As for the debate of which side to go...

When my wife and I first saw the Yaris here in TJ back in april 2006..I even could remember a flashback:eek: we immediately decided we wanted one.

Evemore, with gas pricing going up, and owning an V6 explorer, I made some my numbers, and figure out that I could easily afford the monthly payments by saving on gas.

Then a few months later, we saw the Sedan, which was ~$ 1,000 more than the hatchback..and we liked it as well...it has a Camry-ish look..so we went with the Sedan at the end, but each time we had to stop at the dealer for any reason, and saw the hatchback, each time, we hesitate which way to go!

Summary ...go with the one you like better!:thumbup:

whoguy
10-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Hi all,

I got the sedan because it was more practical as I have a child and need to carry prams and all sorts in the boot.

If I were single, I'd definately get the 5 dr hatch as it has more storage compartments and is a better handler to boot. Not only that, you can still take your friends out on a Sat day night. Oh, and if I got the hatch, it'd definately have to have the rear spoiler, or else it looks like Granny's car.

Thanks

ku-rei
10-12-2006, 07:35 PM
hmmmm... i wish we had the 5dr hatchback in the us. on the other hand, i found some cool sites that have wood trim dash kits made specialy for the yaris! i wouldnt use all of the parts though (it comes with 57 individual peices), just some of them to accent the car.