PDA

View Full Version : Came back from dealers. sucks!!

hans_fh
10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Just came back from the dealers in SLC. I tried to convince the dealer to trade with another dealer to get my car sooner as u guys taught me. And I showed my money to them. However, they gave me the exactly the same response: NO WAY.

They said that this car is not available. To get one need to give them a deposit of $500. In about three months my car will arrive and they can deliver it to me then. However considering that I want ABS the car may take longer. They can not trade for one because they do not have one to trade.

It sucks. I think in that case, I probably have to put deposit and wait for 3 months or longer....

redglare45
10-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Man, that sucks. Did you try various dealerships? If not, I would say give that a try. :iono:

mikeukrainetz
10-18-2006, 03:55 PM
dont feel too bad. the yaris was first sold here in canada and we had an abundance of them, even up until earlier this year. a guy from work just purchased a new black yaris manual with air and was told there were only a couple left anywhere, itll be about three or four days until it gets shipped here but he lucked out. anybody with any wishes as far as options go seem to be out of luck. there are quite a few in dealerships around the area but I think its take what you can get. I was told a woman who had a pretty long list of requested options bought a yaris locally here and had it shipped to her address in Ontario.
The dealer in my city said they have sold almost 100 yaris' in the past thirty days - how much of this is bull I dont know.

entreri_21
10-18-2006, 04:06 PM
My Yaris was the only manual out of 5 Yarii that they had. And they only had one LB and it was used! Not sure why someone would trade it in, but the LB only had about 150 miles on it. So I guess it just wasn't for someone....

firefly1_0
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
i had to wait for nearly 3 months for mine. i feel your pain.

nick1983
10-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Man the toyota dealership I'm at has a couple of the yaris with ABS. I like the standard brakes better.

Lowfront
10-18-2006, 08:30 PM
I waited a good three months....

Its worth it

roadrunner
10-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Just came back from the dealers in SLC. I tried to convince the dealer to trade with another dealer to get my car sooner as u guys taught me. And I showed my money to them. However, they gave me the exactly the same response: NO WAY.

They said that this car is not available. To get one need to give them a deposit of $500. In about three months my car will arrive and they can deliver it to me then. However considering that I want ABS the car may take longer. They can not trade for one because they do not have one to trade.

It sucks. I think in that case, I probably have to put deposit and wait for 3 months or longer....

Maybe you should consider finding a dealer out of your area, and flying to get your YARIS..................................:w00t:
Like take a vacation somewhere in the USA, and drive back in your YARIS.

hans_fh
10-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Maybe you should consider finding a dealer out of your area, and flying to get your YARIS..................................:w00t:
Like take a vacation somewhere in the USA, and drive back in your YARIS.

Your idea is awesome:) I will think about it

captainzerocool
10-19-2006, 01:08 AM
My local dealer says the same. Three months min. The thing is I have seen only THREE Yaris's around.

Something smells funny here. I don't really think the dealers want these cars on their lots for some reason.

foober
10-19-2006, 01:36 AM
YOu could phone around to different toyota dealerships. A freind of mine had to do that.

I guess the yaris is the second most wanted car in north america. And that they are very hard to come by. My friend was told at least 3 months to get hers.

I myself had to wait 3 months to get mine. But its more than worth it. Its a great car.

redbluff
10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
New black hatch auto sitting at Walker Toyota in Dayton Ohio. Not sold yet

nick1983
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I have a bunch of them here is winnipeg.

pxpaulx
10-19-2006, 03:09 PM
I have a bunch of them here is winnipeg.

i saw one on the lot of every dealer i drove by while i was in toronto two weeks ago. i've only seen 2 on the road here since they came out, saw plenty driving around in toronto though too.

tonywenzel
10-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Just put your deposit down. They told me three months too but it was actually about 6 weeks when I got the call to come pick it up.

roadrunner
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
What are you looking for in your Yaris? Sedan or Hatchback, and with what options? If you posted this info, maybe some of us would look for you.

hans_fh
10-20-2006, 12:05 AM
What I am looking for is the manual transmission sedan base model+convenience+ABS

Driver
10-20-2006, 03:23 PM
:wink: If the dealer has a web site you can check out his inventory online. I checked the inventory of the dealer who has my order and they only had one Yaris on hand. I ordered my Yaris on Aug 14 and it's due in two weeks. I'll get the Vin number before the car is shipped. that way I can get my plates changed ahead of time. :thumbup:

Driver
10-22-2006, 10:33 PM
:mad: Some dealers are just morons. I went to one dealer talked to the salesman told him what I wanted and gave him a deposit. When he went to the sales manager to OK the deal he told the salesman "Oh we can't get a car with what he wants" and had the salesman give me my deposit back. Fortunately living in NYC there are quite a few Toyota dealers and I went to another one with the same request and am now waiting for him to give me the Vin number of my car which is being prepared at the factory. The Yaris is beginning to be seen more frequently in NYC these days. I've seen two parked in my neighborhood within the past week. :thumbup:

fred812
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
I wanted to fly to an area that had options I wanted, still 6 month wait!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

fred812
10-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Post what your looking For so all can watch, I initally had people find cars for me non of which I wanted. Automatic seems to be out there. I wanted manual,Cause the hatch looks like a little sports car! RRRRRR,RRRRRRR

BMGYaris
10-30-2006, 12:33 AM
well just a thought, but some 27% of all all deaths on the road are due to side impacts and supposedly approx 45% of those could be prevented with side curtain and torso airbags.
Skidding accidents that ABS could help with account for a much smaller total percentage of deaths on the road, though i dont have and exact number. ABS can prevent about 1/3 of those. However, the presence of ABS causes about a 33% increase in fatal panic oversteering meanuvers. SUV's will take up more than a fair share of those accidents, but the LB may have some disadvantage there over a sedan im not sure about that, unless you dont oversteer of course-though you certainly could.
It seems to me that side airbags is the far more statistically safer route to go if you had to choose between the two, even without oversteering. Though if someone has that percentage of total deaths caused by skidding accidents that would be awesome

(Thats why i have my pp airbag black auto Yaris liftback in south carolina, if anybody wants it, it has 500 miles and im uncomfortable in the seat postion, cant sit back far enough for me, so just pm me:))