PDA

View Full Version : some dealers just piss me off...

tekmoe
10-20-2006, 07:36 AM
i was riding my motorcycle last night when i decided to stop by the toyota dealership where i test drove the yaris last week. i figured it would have probably been sold but i stopped anyway. as i pull up i see it sitting there next to a couple of yaris sedans.

as i get off my bike a salesman walks up to me. he starts talking to me about my bike. seemed like an OK guy. kind of arrogant in a way. then he asks what i am doing there and i told him i was just going to look at the yaris. he started asking me why i haven't bought it. i told him i offered 13 and they would not budge from 13,5. he acted like i was dumb for not forking over the rest of the 500 to buy it. he kept saying how hot these cars are and how they fly off the lot. i asked why then this same yaris i test drove a week ago is still sitting here. he insisted it was "another" yaris that they just got...yeah right. i know it was the same one because i had the barcode number. i told him i have a deposit at another toyota dealership and i am buying thru them for a lesser price. he said it will probably be months before i get my hands on one. i told him that was OK because i am in no hurry to get a new car. he then proceeded to say, "go ride your bike, man." i was shocked as to how this guy treated me.

anyone in the dfw area, do not go to toyota of dallas. :thumbdown:

on a sidenote, as i looked at this yaris hatchback, i noticed the bayou blue is a very interesting color. it was dark out and under the dealership lights the color is darker than during daylight and almost reminds me of a slight iridescense color. really, really cool!

fred812
10-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Yes, In my quest I spoke to many dealers and all of them tried to push me onto a scion. I said I was a Toyota man. They said they are the same. So why does it not say toyota on the back...I heard they were dropping the scion model... Then they get really rude. When they dont have anything to sell you.....Some dealers still have not even seen a yaris hatch at all!

Black Yaris
10-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I was being pushed in to an XA as well... I was not going to buy a car that was being discontinued... but I picked my little black beauty instead....

ChinoCharles
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Car salesmen are... uh... haha

fred812
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes they were relentless about how exact the scion xa was, But its not a toyota. And its not a cute little EGG! The more I see of the hatch the more I like. The sedans also have an allure, the front nose looks sooooo koool.
You can barley fit people in rear, you can but not a caddy. May pull the back sets and put 2 15's back there! Peace up! Yo.

tiksman
10-29-2006, 09:19 PM
I went to my dealership and they tryed to hit me with ADR ( additional dealer retail) I was like WTF!! They tryed to push me into a Corolla! I said no and I kept getting emails from them and I said I would not buy a car there because of the ADR! They emailed back and said they would not charge me ADR but they did not have what I wanted. About 2 weeks after that BOOM the red Hatch showed up and I rushed there when the opened and bought it!!

the_saint
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Yes they were relentless about how exact the scion xa was, But its not a toyota.
...tried to push me onto a scion. I said I was a Toyota man.

Not to burst your collective bubbles, but Scions are Toyotas.
"Scion" is nothing more than a marketing ploy. - WIKI - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scion_(car))

captainzerocool
11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Not to burst your collective bubbles, but Scions are Toyotas.
"Scion" is nothing more than a marketing ploy. - WIKI - (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scion_(car))

Actually I think the Scions are the REAL Toyota's. Being home market cars and all.

the_saint
11-06-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, that's more or less what I was saying.
The "Scion" brand is a marketing ploy by Toyota.

Apparently, in the north american market, Toyota is generally associated with old people and boring cars. Toyota wanted to tap the youth culture market but feared the stigma associated with the Toyota label so they created the Scion label for the bB and the ist (xB & xA respectively).
The tC is just some yunk of junk that isn't even worthy of sales in Japan lol.

ECHOKnight2000
11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's more or less what I was saying.
The "Scion" brand is a marketing ploy by Toyota.

Apparently, in the north american market, Toyota is generally associated with old people and boring cars. Toyota wanted to tap the youth culture market but feared the stigma associated with the Toyota label so they created the Scion label for the bB and the ist (xB & xA respectively).
The tC is just some yunk of junk that isn't even worthy of sales in Japan lol.

Yep! Right on the nose. They tried with the ECHO (U.S. market specifically) but obviously that didn't work so they did the two fold stradegy and re-packaged and renamed. Scion means "decent." Pretty much an in house division that's aimed at the "youth.":thumbsup: I know a lot of Canadians wish Scion was sold in Canada but since the ECHO and now Yaris are popular I'm sure Toyota doesn't want to step on that success then again I guess you can argue that for the U.S. now since Scion and the Yaris are doing well but from my observation it seems the Yaris in Canada is aimed at the "youth" where's the Yaris in the U.S. is for everyone kind of car:iono: Just a thought, I could be wrong.:thumbsup:

ChinoCharles
11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
IMHO Scion is the best thing to happen to entry-level car buyers in this country in a long, long time.

If I was a few years older and a few thousand dollars deeper into life I would be driving a tC right now. The list of standard features for the price is unmatched by any other manyfacturer anywhere. Period. The gas mileage is unfortunate (I believe the tC is rated at 18 city MPG or something silly low like that) but still, its an aesthetically pleasing car, the standard extras are awesome, and you still get that Toyota peace of mind.

Shit, maybe if the xA or xB weren't so f'n ugly, my Yaris would be somewhere other than my driveway.

Sure, Scion is a marketing ploy... but the fact that that badge says Scion and not Toyota drops the prices of their cars by about 20%. Now who the hell is complaining about that?

If the tC was a Toyota tC, it would cost $20,000+.

boris13
11-07-2006, 06:00 PM
I think the styling on the tC is very attractive. Of course, it's a two-door coupe. I really don't care for the styling on ANY four-door car; that's just me. In my mind, two-door equals sporty and four-door equals instant stodginess. The four-door sedan is the quintessential family load, and no marketing ploys (or contradictions in terms like "sport sedan") will change that perception for me.

In my opinion, the tC's main drawbacks are relatively high price and so-so fuel economy.

Of course, I need a hatchback for my purposes too. Hence the Yaris...

BMGYaris
11-07-2006, 08:18 PM
IMHO Scion is the best thing to happen to entry-level car buyers in this country in a long, long time.

... but the fact that that badge says Scion and not Toyota drops the prices of their cars by about 20%. Now who the hell is complaining about that?

That may be true, but it sure is not affecting their resale value....

YarisBlazer
11-08-2006, 03:54 AM
I cant decide which is uglier--the Scion xa which looks like a Yaris wanna-be that had it ass cut off or the boxlike xc or xb which looks like it drove right out of my Legoland Vilage:wink: age.