PDA

View Full Version : Yaris Wait in Mass?

KittenRD
10-20-2006, 08:59 PM
I also posted this in the New England forum as well. Anyway, I'm from Massachusetts. I ordered my yaris a little over 2 months ago. The dealer had no clue when it would come in...she was a bit incompetant though. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it has been taking to get the liftbacks in New England. I am getting a ton of options, but in the meteorite. I was going to get black, but it shows dirt...and new England is good at dirtying cars.

thesaint2284
10-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I tried to get a Yaris (Polar White Sedan, PP) from Woburn Toyota and they said it would take 7-9 weeks.

I called up Boch Toyota and they said it would take 5-7 weeks.

I called IRA Toyota in Danvers and they had one coming in the next day.

Big dealers like IRA and Boch get more inventory because the move more inventory. Also IRA or Boch will not send their cars to other dealerships. (They will send cars from one big dealership to another)

So my first piece of advice is to call around, and call twice and talk to different people.

And out of all my travels to dealerships I have only seen one liftback.

Also Polar White is a good color. Although it does show alot of bug marks near the grill.

hosmer
10-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I ordered my black LB Sept 21st (with the power package and ABS)

talked to the dealer on yesterday (Thursday)...they have no idea when its coming in either

KittenRD
10-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks, no offence but I do not like white cars. I drove a white toyota corolla now and it gets stained so easily...not to mention I don't care for the color anyway. I actually ordered one in meteorite from Lexington Toyota. The dealer was kinda sneaky. She said there were some in allocation. We waited and waited for those and called back, but she never gave us a clear answer. She finally said that those were special orders and that she put in a special order for us. She never asked us if we wanted to order it or anything. I mean, we did, but she never told us she ordered on. I am getting the following options:
All-Weather Guard Package
Power Package
4-wheel Anti-Lock Brake System
Rear Spoiler
Remote Keyless Entry System
I am going to call the dealer Tuesday and see if she has heard anything else.

KittenRD
10-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Hey, the black will be great. I was originally going to get black. However, I saw one in meteorite and was torn between the two colors. I ended up going with the meteorite because it shows less dirt. I am getting the following options:
All-Weather Guard Package (whatever the one that goes with the power package...I think it's the cold weather package)
Power Package (steel wheels)
4-wheel Anti-Lock Brake System
Rear Spoiler
Remote Keyless Entry System

MrMondayNite
10-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey KittenRD those are all the options I have on my car, Last week I found 2 Yaris's with those options in Maryland 1 in Virginia and 1 in West Virginia, and I also found a Black one in Pennslyvania, but I wanted the Meteorite one more, so I took A road trip and bought the car. Well worth it though I love my Yaris. Do I search through Toyota.com,click locate dealers,click advanced search, then click the nearest states by you that build the Liftback with Power package( I chose PA,DE,MD,VA,WV). Hope this helps good luck.

KittenRD
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks, I had actually done a search about a month ago with the options I wants. I did find some results, but they were kinda far. I was conteplating a road trip, but decided against it due to the last of time between work and school. I'm hoping to get it soon though. Currently, I have a 1994 corolla with low gas milage. This will last a while anyway whihc is good. It was my grandma's car, but she lost her license. I had a maxda 323 previously which got me into 2 door hatchbacks.

regulus
10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I also posted this in the New England forum as well. Anyway, I'm from Massachusetts. I ordered my yaris a little over 2 months ago. The dealer had no clue when it would come in...she was a bit incompetant though. I was wondering if anyone knew how long it has been taking to get the liftbacks in New England. I am getting a ton of options, but in the meteorite. I was going to get black, but it shows dirt...and new England is good at dirtying cars.

I got my Yaris at Copeland Toyota in Brockton. They had 2-3 sedans when i got there, the meteorite blue was sold though :( so i picked up the silver one. LAst time i went there ( a week ago) they had 2 sedans on the lot.

Took me about 3 days to get the car. Give them a call and see if they have any in stock.

KittenRD
10-24-2006, 06:08 PM
Any liftbacks?

fred812
10-29-2006, 10:47 PM
car dealers suck eggs

Driver
10-29-2006, 11:03 PM
:frown: I'm in NYC and ordered my silver mica sedan with weather and power packages, plus fog lamps, on August 14 and was given next week or the week after as a possible arrival date. I read a post about a person who ordered his Yaris in May and received it a week ago. When you get it is a crap shoot. Just hope your old car lasts long enough for the new car to arrive. :thumbsup:

lm81
10-30-2006, 11:44 AM
I began looking for a Yaris S model in May 2006. I went to IRA Tewksbury and was not impressed with their customer service, so I went Acton Toyota who could get me a black one, but there were two problems. 1. They wanted $500 to call and see if the car was stillavailable. 2. If it was, they were going to drive it about 120 miles from ME to MA. So I said hell no and ended up at IRA Danvers after calling ALL of the Toyota Dealerships in the NH, ME, MA, CT area (literally all of them, because NO ONE had an S model). So finally on May 20, 2006 I put a down payment of a Flint Mica, S model, which was "being ordered from the factory, for me". So we added all of the extras I wanted and sent the order through with a price of $16700. I had signed the pink purchase and sales with this price, showing my $500 deposit.

My extimated wait was 12 weeks. I kept getting antsy and thinking something was going to go wrong with the transactio nad tried backing out a few times. Finally I got a call in August that eh car had a rrived with a few extras on it. Do we drove 40 minutes to go see the car i had my heart set on. When we got there the price was $17300. All of the extras were things a SPECIFICALLY DID NOT WANT! IRA Toyota of Danvers would not keep the price they had orginally given me. The price which was on my SIGNED contract with them. They also tried to gove me less monet fro my trade than I was promised. So I told them to take the car and SHOVE it. I was only going to pay what I had agreed upon. This car was supposed to be ordered to my specifications, that is EXACTLY what I was told by the salesman Hatesh.

So, then I wanted my deposit back becuase I was not taking the car, so becuas eI had paid with a check they had to give me back a check. So I said ok, my boyfriend said he would make the 40 minute ride AGAIN the following day to pick up the check. He went all the way down there to find out, they had sent it USPS. Ok, so we got the check the following day i nthe mail, with HIS first name and MY last name (we are NOT married, and he had nothing to do with the purchase of this car mind you). So I called them up EXTREMELY upset by this point and they told me they would reissue the check but they needed the old one back. I told them NO WAY was I drving back down there for their mistake, they were going to have to cancel the chekc with their bank. So finally after speaking with the Manager of the dealership they agreed that everything that had happend to me was wrong and completely their fault. They asked me would I have purchased the car if they had kept their original price and I said yes I would have. All they needed to do was keep their end of the Contract which was signed by me and the salesman.

BEWARE OF TOYOTA OF DANVERS! THEY ARE HORRID PEOPLE AND THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED.

If you want a great expreience and to get your car quickly, go to Toyota of Nashua. Their sales tema is Spectacular! They even gave me a discount on the price of the Yaris, which NO ONE else would do.

Please email me for more deatil!

KittenRD
10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Well, I have mine ordered and it's in the que to be made. My dealer had no clue how long it would take.

KittenRD
10-30-2006, 01:05 PM
I second that. They lie through their teeth to make a sale.

KittenRD
10-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Thank, my old car is actually in perfect working order, but it's my grandma's old car. I want my own. I ordered my liftback on August 15.

KittenRD
10-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I should have gone through Nashua. I went through Lexington Toyota. The dealer originally said the car I want with extra features was in allocation. She said it would take 2 months. We called back a month later and she said she hadn't heard anything. She finally told us those cars in allocation were actually special orders and she made us a special order. She never told us that originally and she ordered it without asking us. I mean I wanted the special order, but she never verified it before making it. She's also very grumpy at times and tells us as little as possible. DON'T USE SANDY FROM LEXINGTON TOYOTA.

Driver
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
In my post yesterday I said that I was told that the Yaris I ordered on Aug. 14th would be here next week or the week after. Well I got a call this evening from my salesman giving me the Vin number of my New Yaris which I will pick up Wednesday. :thumbup: I've called my insurance company and gotten everything straightened out and will be driving it home Wednesday. :biggrin: