PDA

View Full Version : Ordered mine today... now the wait begins

boris13
11-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I ordered my new Yaris at a dealer in Toledo, Ohio today (since the dealers here in Michigan are unable/unwilling to obtain a power package-equipped liftback for me... I was told that package is unavailable in this state). I was told that I could expect a February delivery, which is OK as long as I get what I want.

I ordered a 5-speed model in Meteorite Metallic, with the power package with alloy wheels, side curtain airbags, ABS, cold weather package, keyless entry, roof spoiler, arm rest, rear bumper protector, door sill plates, mats, and the TRD sport muffler (to be installed at the dealership).

The salesman confirmed via computer that no cars that fit my criteria currently exist in the US, and that my car will indeed be a "Special Build" order to Japan.

SimplyYaris
11-10-2006, 07:40 PM
I ordered my new Yaris at a dealer in Toledo, Ohio today (since the dealers here in Michigan are unable/unwilling to obtain a power package-equipped liftback for me... I was told that package is unavailable in this state). I was told that I could expect a February delivery, which is OK as long as I get what I want.

I ordered a 5-speed model in Meteorite Metallic, with the power package with alloy wheels, side curtain airbags, ABS, cold weather package, keyless entry, roof spoiler, arm rest, rear bumper protector, door sill plates, mats, and the TRD sport muffler (to be installed at the dealership).

The salesman confirmed via computer that no cars that fit my criteria currently exist in the US, and that my car will indeed be a "Special Build" order to Japan.

"How do you tell if a car salesman is lying?" His lips are moving ( I know, old lawyer joke). Out of the six or so Toyota dealers in in the Greater Phoenix area, I found one that was relatively BS free (relatively), and they were the only one who said it was possible to get a car with options similar to yours. Hopefully, it will come in sooner for you :thumbup: Either way, it will be worth the wait!