PDA

View Full Version : Double Din Touch Screen DVD/Navigation/iPod System (eBay Edition)

Pages : 1 [2]

Dragracer
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I bitched about it in my post!:iono:

I wish others who have this unit would respond about the GPS part. No one ever mentioned having the problems we had.

chrisj
10-17-2010, 06:23 PM
^ Oh okay. Sorry.

Dragracer
10-17-2010, 07:07 PM
:thumbup::bellyroll:

^ Oh okay. Sorry.

Shinare
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
I've used igo8 before and I've liked it a lot. Thats cool to see thats the GPS software in this system. Its one of the better one's in my opinion and I've used several, including MioMap, Tom Tom, and Garmin.

Can you check and see what the dates are on the maps? Its under settings (in Igo).

Lil_Azn_Sushi
10-18-2010, 02:47 AM
This looks amazing!

I have a quick question... If i have an Iphone 3gs.. would i be able to connect it with bluetooth to the deck? so that i can make calls from it.. and where is the microphone??

chrisj
10-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Bluetooth is built-in to the unit. Microphone is in the lower left bottom of the front of my unit. On my photos you can see the letters MIC on the front. Don't know about the model Dragracer got.

Dragracer
10-18-2010, 06:27 AM
On mine, the mic is in the upper right corner.

platz paraguay
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM
hola muchachos!yo le hice instalar una radio parecida a mi toyo 2001 y no consegui el sofware del gps para, si alguno de uds. sabe algun enlace de donde lo pueda bajar les agradecere! saludos desde Paraguay!

chrisj
10-18-2010, 10:24 AM
^ ¡Hola de Kentucky! ¡Alegre usted consiguió el suyo instalado también!

mojokin
10-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Hi.
After reading this thread, I immediately registered.
This is very helpful. Now I want to get one for my Yaris!
Thanks!

Lil_Azn_Sushi
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Ty for answer my questions!!

Ok I am still interested.. so i checked inside my yaris RS....

and then i realized that the inside is black crome....
hahaha i bought the 08 version with all upgrades lol

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/dcba-online/photo3.jpg
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/dcba-online/photo2.jpg

Will it still look good with black on black?

and will it fit?? it should because its 20mm by 10mm

chrisj
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
^ 200mm wide and double din. Looks to me like it will fit, from your picture...just measure the width is all.

WeeYari
10-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Will it still look good with black on black?

It will look a hell of a lot better than the OEM silver HU surrounded by black.

chrisj
10-19-2010, 09:43 AM
For anyone who has issues with the GPS with the HU like I got, once you get that .exe file correct it will stay fixed. Mine is fine now. One thing I did notice with the GPS is that if you set a route and reach your destination, if you don't delete the route, it still thinks you are trying to reach your destination, even though you've already been there. My wife was listening to the radio yesterday and the dude on the GPS was trying to tell her how to get home again. lol!

On mine, I still cannot find that menu again that allows me to play video from the MicroSD chip. It picks up music automatically from it, but there is a menu somewhere that allows me to choose what I want from the chip. I can't find it again. Need to keep looking I guess. Found it by accident the first time.

So far I love the player though. Well worth the $415.00.

facuevas
10-20-2010, 04:20 PM
Well, my gps is not working...... I changed the path for the software and it does stay there but nothing happens. The other thing is that when I press the navigation button i see a little lock icon for a few seconds.

Also does anyone know what is the maximum GB capacity for a micro SD card on this unit?

Thanks

Dragracer
10-20-2010, 05:17 PM
I believe mine is 2 gig.

Well, my gps is not working...... I changed the path for the software and it does stay there but nothing happens. The other thing is that when I press the navigation button i see a little lock icon for a few seconds.

Also does anyone know what is the maximum GB capacity for a micro SD card on this unit?

Thanks

chrisj
10-20-2010, 06:06 PM

Thanks

Sorry about the GPS. I wouldn't even know who to call about it.

I have an 8gb MicroSD card in my unit.

toy_toronto
10-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Just got mine installed. Factory fit and all the features that Toy showed before, so I won't bore you with them again.

I routed the iPod and USB cables into the bottom glove compartment until I figure out if I want to move them somewhere else. The GPS antenna still needs to be attached with 3M tape on the dash (ran that wire through the glove box also). I have the MicroSD of the GPS software that still has to be loaded as well. I like it.

Took about 15 minutes to do.

Some pictures below.

congrats chrisj!

mine is still running smoothly, no issues and still luvin it. love the fact it has all the multimedia capabilities on the go - truly feature rich.

amanda_84
10-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Just ordered mine, had some issues finding the same one as the original OP had, there was an aussy seller on ebay but it wasn't the same (I think this is the one you bought Chrisj). But the description didnt say it had Picture-in-Picture so I decided to go with US one that was same as Toy's. $480 Aus shipped. Love the US$ exchange rate at the moment :)

Dragracer
10-26-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, mine has a problem. This morning when I started the car, the gps went through the setup routine completely. Had to set the language, etc. Now the GPS is inop. It states there is no receiver attached, and when you're on the map page, it shows a satellite with a red line through it. I also noticed the radio screen flicker 3 times today, but it never stopped playing. The GPS antenna is still connected, so I'm at a loss.

Dragracer
10-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Fixed! I had to turn off the GPS receiver, and then allow the radio to search for it. It was found, and is working fine now!

footcookie
10-29-2010, 02:48 PM
$295

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Custom,Car,DVD,Player,and,GPS,For,Toyota,Hilux,SR5 ,Prado,RV,RAV4,Limited,RAV4,standard,Yaris,2007,20 09,Land,Cruiser,2002,,2009,IZZC9280G,133796.php?pr od=133796

Eatoman
10-29-2010, 04:49 PM
$295

http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Custom,Car,DVD,Player,and,GPS,For,Toyota,Hilux,SR5 ,Prado,RV,RAV4,Limited,RAV4,standard,Yaris,2007,20 09,Land,Cruiser,2002,,2009,IZZC9280G,133796.php?pr od=133796

Not bad....BUT, I did manage to find this one at $379 US with FREE SHIPPING AND a reverse camera included! :eyebulge:

http://www.compucn.com/Original-OEM-navigation-radio-for-Toyota-4Runner-Fortuner-FJ%20Cruiser-Terios-Vios-Hilux-Corolla.html

footcookie
10-29-2010, 05:37 PM
Missed that one, but , I probably wouldn't have used the back-up camera anyway. Would have been nice to have to resell though.

mojokin
10-30-2010, 10:57 PM
I just noticed that this will not fit the space without modifications for the 2010 model(Philippines). I need to replace the center panel of the dash board and it's gonna cost me around $200 more.:frown:

amanda_84
11-02-2010, 03:05 AM
I mounted the GPS antenna on the black plastic filler under the wipers. I already had the XM radio antenna mounted there. The GPS antenna is similar in size and shape, and both blend in very well. Photos are below.

Here's where my XM antenna is mounted.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/DragracerUSA/DSCN6684.jpg

Here's the GPS antenna mounted there as well.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j204/DragracerUSA/DSCN6690.jpg

Hi, i'm wondering how you mounted the GPS antennae under the wipers as id really like to do this but I've not really don't much in tinkering to cars! Did you have to drill a hole or 'grommet' somewhere to thread it through?? (I don't even really know what a grommet is!).

Also...does any one know if the pre-loaded GPS software is upgradeable? OP said he put different GPS maps on a bigger card - how do you get the maps?

cheers for any help guys,
Amanda

P.s. I'm about to go install the HD now yippeee

Dragracer
11-02-2010, 06:47 AM
I routed the wiring to the right door, I went behind the glove box, and the right side of the dash will flex enough to get the connector through. I pulled the rubber door seal away from the body, and ran the wiring between it and the body, then used my hand to reinstall the weatherstrip. I attached the antenna lead to the washer hose with wire ties. The left side of the black plastic trim just pops in place. It's easy to remove, and install the antenna.

amanda_84
11-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Installed and running. I had the same problem as the others with the GPS not finding the right file. But cleared it up thanks to those who posted their same issue here.

It really was so so simple to install, although we originally where confused as to what cables were what as nothing had labels and the instructions where only on the software not the connection. But by matching size for size we figured it out! And i scratched part of the dash plastics getting it in and screwing about undoing the orignal deck...grrr.

My only problem now if that I only have the SRC light that is red. And the two either side of the DVD slot. No other lights work and I can't change the colours through the settings....anyone else had this or would know what electrical connection might be loose for me to plug back in??

daveprue
11-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Installed and running. I had the same problem as the others with the GPS not finding the right file. But cleared it up thanks to those who posted their same issue here.

It really was so so simple to install, although we originally where confused as to what cables were what as nothing had labels and the instructions where only on the software not the connection. But by matching size for size we figured it out! And i scratched part of the dash plastics getting it in and screwing about undoing the orignal deck...grrr.

My only problem now if that I only have the SRC light that is red. And the two either side of the DVD slot. No other lights work and I can't change the colours through the settings....anyone else had this or would know what electrical connection might be loose for me to plug back in??

To set the colors of the other LEDs, go to the "SRC" screen and touch the small icon third from the right on the bottom. Pressing it again will change the colors. Note that the SRC led is always red.

footcookie
11-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Got mine yesterday. Installed it in about 15 minutes. Sound is better than the stock unit. Haven't spent much time with it yet, maybe 45 minutes. The GPS Nav is fine, everything works fine, not sure why the TP kept flashing on the way to work this AM. It will take awhile to get familiar with it, but after only 45 minutes, I'm pretty impressed. It is very clean and looks factory when installed.

amanda_84
11-04-2010, 12:33 AM
thanks daveprue, I also realised that i needed to have the car lights ON and then the other lights on the unit light up. HA! what a stupid thing on my part. But thanks for the info.

toy_toronto
11-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm very glad to hear that you are all fairly satisfied with your head units.

:thumbsup:

-toy

Darwin84020
11-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hello,

OK, I'm hooked and ready to buy (money in hand and pay day over!). However I want a HU that looks like the OP (toy's, ect) and not the one with the radio dials midway down on each side, I think Dragracer got this one.

Can someone point me to the right one to get please, don't want to get scammed out 400 big ones.

The one I was thing is linked here off of DHgate.com site -
http://www.dhgate.com/custom-car-dvd-player-gps-for-toyota-hilux/r-ff8080812b297fb0012b2b79b8026764.html

Thanks
Darwin

daveprue
11-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Hello,

OK, I'm hooked and ready to buy (money in hand and pay day over!). However I want a HU that looks like the OP (toy's, ect) and not the one with the radio dials midway down on each side, I think Dragracer got this one.

Can someone point me to the right one to get please, don't want to get scammed out 400 big ones.

The one I was thing is linked here off of DHgate.com site -
http://www.dhgate.com/custom-car-dvd-player-gps-for-toyota-hilux/r-ff8080812b297fb0012b2b79b8026764.html

Thanks
Darwin

Looks to be the unit that you want. Price is about right also about 400-420 with shipping. I bought the one off of eBay, simply because I have no experience with DHGate, and I trust the eBay Buyer Protection. The one I just located on eBay is http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-DVD-Player-GPS-Radio-TV-iPod-7HD-LCD-TOYOTA-Yaris-/320605657813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa5961ad5 but looks to be slightly higher with shipping.

Anyway, good luck!

rognewton
11-09-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi to you all at Toyoto yaris forum
This is my second time i tried to upload this info
the first time seems to dissappered

I have bought a Multimedia Player like the one's you all shown
I read the 16 pages on how to replace a works radio with the Multimedia Player, and with your great pic's i can see how to remove the unit and replace it with mine.

The question i have is there,s no pic's of the back of the radio comming out
with all the plugs
On my Multimedia Player unit i have a load of female Phono plugs for speakers,
Is there a load of male Phono plugs ready on the yaris for me to plug into,
or do i use them at all.
i going to uplload pic's of my Multimedia Player unit
any help with please
thanks
rognewton

rognewton
11-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Hello all at toyota yaris forums
I cant work out how to add Pic,s to my Post
i have managed to add Pic' to attachments
i dont know this will work
if any one can help
thanks
rognewton

WeeYari
11-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Your standard speaker connections are made through the two wiring harnesses that are wrapped in foam. These will (should) just plug straight into the existing harness behind your dash.

All the other 'stuff' is for external devices such as DVD screens, backup cameras, iPods, etc. The grey and black extra speaker wires are probably of no concern to you at this time.

Hope that helps you out some.

rognewton
11-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks WeeYari,
I been puting off fiting this unit, just in case i messed up
thanks for your advice
rognewton

enve1160
11-13-2010, 03:17 AM
So I installed my gps that i bought from ebay. Hooked it up to my 4 channel amp with infinity reference speakers. I am very impressed with the sound quality. No static/ engine noise. Very clean signal coming out of the RCA's. Now after a week of messing with it I found a few flaws with my unit.

First, I cant get the color of the knobs / LEDs to change to any color. They are all red. I need them to be green. The option for changing color does not let me change it. I dont know if any other settings are not letting this to enable the led color change.

Second, the radio reception is bad. Picks up alot of static.

Third, DVD player seems to freeze at random times for no more than 5 seconds. Im not sure if its because of bumps on the road or what. I also sat on my driveway to watch a movie and notice it doing the same thing, but it seemed like it would freeze for a couple seconds when it changed chapters.

Other than what i mentioned everything else works great. The only thing I havnt messed with is the ipod connection.

By the way I had to edit this post. I mentioned that the music from the sdcard sound harsh and overpowering, well it turned out the dvd gain controls the sd card gain.:iono:

rognewton
11-13-2010, 03:44 PM
hello all
Thanks WeeYari for your advice.
I Need more advice
I have started to swap my unit only to find thad the aerial lead has a recancle box with 2 wires attached wihch fits into the back of my radio not the standed round plug.
The 2 two leads come from the same trunking one which is a small coaxal lead standed areial lead, the other thiner finer black lead thats attached to the recancle box to seprate pin
Any help with this please
rognewton

enve1160
11-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Can u post a pic of what your having issues with. Im having a hard time understanding.

WeeYari
11-13-2010, 08:45 PM
hello all
Thanks WeeYari for your advice.
I Need more advice
I have started to swap my unit only to find thad the aerial lead has a recancle box with 2 wires attached wihch fits into the back of my radio not the standed round plug.
The 2 two leads come from the same trunking one which is a small coaxal lead standed areial lead, the other thiner finer black lead thats attached to the recancle box to seprate pin
Any help with this please
rognewton

This car has a power amplified antenna, and I believe you are referring to the wire that supplies the power. There is a blue wire in the harness that connects to this antenna power lead.

I really do hope this is what you are talking about. If not, post up quick.

rognewton
11-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for advice,
i am going to upload pic,s of the aerial plug plus the back of the radio that came with the car
I think your right WeeYari that the other small black cable is for the power antenna
When i tested the aerial out on my new unit the radio worked,but the EJECT on the CD PLAYER and STEERING COULUM controls did not work on the new unit.
Replaced my old radio and EJECT and STEERING COULUM worked.

Before i join the black lead to the blue POWER ANTENNA lead in the harness will there be problems like my new unit blowing up [/COLOR]
I will email my supplier for help as well
thanks to you all for your help

amanda_84
11-14-2010, 05:30 PM
First, I cant get the color of the knobs / LEDs to change to any color. They are all red. I need them to be green. The option for changing color does not let me change it. I dont know if any other settings are not letting this to enable the led color change.

Try turning you car lights on....I did this and then the other lights came on and I was able to change the colours...

rognewton
11-16-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi all at the Yaris Forums
Still need help with the new Multimedia Player. I have uploaded pictures of the new aerial system for yaris 2010
can any body confirm that the small black wire attached
to the new recangle box next to the coaxed aerial
is a power antenna wire
and can i join this to my harness power antenna blue wire
When i tested the new Multimedia Player without this wire i could not
get my CD PLAYER to eject or my stearing wheel controls to work on the new
Multimedia Player
So for now i replaced my works radio
As i dont wont to blow my new unit if i wrong
hope some one can help
thanks to those who have
rognewton

WeeYari
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
1 - Yes, the black wire will be the antenna power.

2 - Does this unit say it actually supports steering wheel control? I don't see any connectors for steering controls.

3 - Don't know what to say about your CD eject issue.

Also, I think you should start your own thread. Your head unit is not the same as the one featured in this thread, and you've got your own unique circumstances to address.

sickpuppy1
11-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Didnt someone else have a thread about this? European antenna being different than the US? Could be wrong. Where is CT Scot when ya need him,LOL

WeeYari
11-17-2010, 07:56 AM
^ I think you may be thinking of a thread in which the OP had a similar question. It was European yes, but the vehicle involved was a 1st gen Yaris with a non-amplified antenna.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435316&postcount=9

rognewton
11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Thanks WeeYari for your advice again,
and others from the Forum
Yes you are probably right about the power antenna
I have had a reply from the people who supplied the unit
asking me to sent pictures and give details of the proplems
If i get some real answers off them, and manage to fix, and get the unit to work propley
I will set up a full how to with pic's on the forum
other wise, i will sell it on
thanks all for your help
rognewton

frannis
11-18-2010, 04:07 PM
can i get a link to where i can order the HU?

frannis
11-18-2010, 04:15 PM
i know that this has been installed in HB's..but will this fit in my 09 sedan?

enve1160
11-19-2010, 05:36 AM
i know that this has been installed in HB's..but will this fit in my 09 sedan?

Yes will fit the sedan. I have it installed on mine.

WeeYari
11-19-2010, 08:04 AM
can i get a link to where i can order the HU?

I realize there are a lot of posts in this thread, but there are already numerous links to ebay providers in here.

rognewton
11-19-2010, 10:07 AM
This is where i bought mine unit Http://www.cardvd88.com
email rebecca for info

Zebra
11-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Okay.... I was seriously considering the purchase of a Garmin Nuvi but after reading this thread I'm convinced that my money would be better used in the purchase of a new radio/cd/dvd/mp3/gps/bluetooth/kitchensink type radio. Since I HATE the stock radio in my car, I'm probably gonna change it someday anyway.

So I looked at the link that rognewton posted http://www.cardvd88.com but couldn't find the radio on the site. Is there a specific link? What price should I expect to pay?

Dragracer
11-21-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.dhgate.com/car-dvd-player-and-gps-for-toyota-hilux-sr5/r-ff8080812ba4a956012baa659f670fb5.html

So I looked at the link that rognewton posted http://www.cardvd88.com but couldn't find the radio on the site. Is there a specific link? What price should I expect to pay?

sickpuppy1
11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
LMAO, I love some of the translation descriptions. "The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a space-based global navigation satellite system that provides reliable location and time information in all weather and at all times and anywhere on or near the Earth when and where there is an unobstructed line of sight to four or more GPS satellites.

Didnt know the yaris could do space travel too!

brendan
12-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Hello all at toyota yaris forums
I cant work out how to add Pic,s to my Post
i have managed to add Pic' to attachments
i dont know this will work
if any one can help
thanks
rognewton

Where did you buy yours and for how much? are you still happy with it?
thanks
brendan

rognewton
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I have not fited this unit yet .
I have had it working but they no interface to the steering wheel controls
I trying to sort out a stalk fitting for this unit. If you have no steering wheel controls
No problem it works well
This is where i bought mine unit Http://www.cardvd88.com
email rebecca for info

nuvin
12-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Hi all,
great stuff on this thread.

1. Does any of these accept the Reverse camera?
2. Is it possible to get to the OS (WinCe I reckon)?

Thanks.

Darwin84020
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Hello,
I got this unit as the OP posted on page 1, and I did have the GPS and Radio working at same time. Was very nice, but......

However I must have hit the wrong button somewhere, and now just one or the other and they will not play with each other, at the same time.

any advise from those that have this unit?

Darwin

enve1160
12-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Just enable the picture in picture. Hit the source button and select radio. Then turn on the PIP selecting GPS/Navi.

Darwin84020
12-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply enve1160, but that is not what i was looking for. The "dual zone" or 2-zone option is not working as it once was.

I was wanting to get back to the full screen GPS, with the radio in the backgroud (not displayed), when pressing src, i could choose the radio, select station, then src and back to GPS. I lost this when turning off the car, and then on again after going to the store. Now choosing radio or gps, will show full screen, but only one or the other is active.

This mode is called "Dual Zone" or 2-zone, and is a feature mentioned on the box/ manual.

From time to time, if choosing radio, then src to GPS window, the window will change to the specturm setup screen, with no volume coming in. closing this window brings the GPS window back, with no radio. the sound does work, as the click are heard in the speakers.

like i mentioned above, i must have hit the wrong thing, as the 2-zone option/ dual zone is not an option on the main radio page NOW. ugg.... wish the manual was better.

anyone experinced this same issue?
is there a hardreset option for this unit somewhere?

Darwin

enve1160
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply evo, but that is not what i was looking for. The "dual zone" or 2-zone option is not working as it once was.

I was wanting to get back to the full screen GPS, with the radio in the backgroud, when pressing src, i could choose the radio, select station, then src and back to GPS.

I lost this when turning off the car, and then on again after going to the store.

like i mentioned above, i must have setup the wrong thing, as the 2-zone option/ dual zone is not an option on the main radio page. ugg.... wish the manual was better.

anyone experinced this same issue?
is there a hardreset option for this unit somewhere?

Darwin

Sorry man thats the only way i know how to do it. If you figure it out please post so that i can do it to my radio.

Shinare
12-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Is there a way to "reboot" the radio? I mean, the thing is effectively a computer running WindowsCE and all the functionality of it are basically programs running on windows. Can you reboot WinCE or at least remove the positive power lead from your battery for a minute or two to "reboot" the radio? May help? :iono:

brendan
02-22-2011, 07:41 AM
Hi, I was wondering, How do you update the maps and the software for the GPS? Because any other GPS you must update the software from time to time.

Thanks
Brendan

toy_toronto
02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi, I was wondering, How do you update the maps and the software for the GPS? Because any other GPS you must update the software from time to time.

Thanks
Brendan

Good question. I'm not sure but I'd say the vendor where its purchased from would have the answer.

brendan
02-23-2011, 12:34 AM
Good question. I'm not sure but I'd say the vendor where its purchased from would have the answer.

Thanks will contact one of the sellers. Are you stil happy with yours? I'm now thinking of getting me one,so I want to get all the info I can get before buying.lol

rognewton
02-23-2011, 03:30 AM

Thanks
Brendan

This site can help http://forum.mobilism.org/index.php?sid=69742655b6332cf0190f00a2529f25e1
if you new to GPS systems take your time to understand and read info before diving in
good luck
welshdodger

brendan
02-23-2011, 08:50 AM
This site can help http://forum.mobilism.org/index.php?sid=69742655b6332cf0190f00a2529f25e1
if you new to GPS systems take your time to understand and read info before diving in
good luck
welshdodger

Thanks very much for this
What I want to know is what is this device's name? is it sirf atlas 4? Or what device do you choose when downloading maps?

thanks
brendan

toy_toronto
02-24-2011, 02:37 AM
Hello,
I got this unit as the OP posted on page 1, and I did have the GPS and Radio working at same time. Was very nice, but......

However I must have hit the wrong button somewhere, and now just one or the other and they will not play with each other, at the same time.

any advise from those that have this unit?

Darwin

Darwin, did you manage to figure out this issue you were having?

Thanks very much for this
What I want to know is what is this device's name? is it sirf atlas 4? Or what device do you choose when downloading maps?

thanks
brendan

No idea yet about downloading updated maps but the GPS app/device that came with my SD card is called iGO:

http://www.omniahub.com/nav-n-go-igo-8-navigator-for-windows-mobile/

brendan
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
http://www.omniahub.com/nav-n-go-igo-8-navigator-for-windows-mobile/[/url]

Oh ok, thanks alot I think I understand now. It has the IGO app on so you just update the IGO maps.

Thanks it helped alot

manmohanyaris
03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I emailed the viewtech people referenced above. They came back saying that I should be getting the VT-DGT710. Which is the one with the whole center console bit. Will the corrolla one not work? I have a 2008 Canadian 5dr LB. The price they quoted is $245 plus $86 for DHL so that's $331 plus taxes and brokerage fees will be near $420ish atleast by the time I get it.

Any input? Also their specs say it has Win CE 5.0 not 6.0 as others have mentioned they have. Anyone have a source cheaper than $245?

http://image.made-in-china.com/2f1j00FvgEjRBIZepC/Car-DVD-Player-for-Toyota-Yaris-VT-DGT710-.jpg
http://www.cardvd88.com/Car-DVD-Player-GPS/yaris-car-gps-system-710.html (Viewtechl)

Here is the one that everyone else seems to be using the VT-DGT650
http://www.cardvd88.com/Car-DVD-Player-GPS/toyota-universal-dvd-650.html

rognewton
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Sounds about the right price
Before fiting unit, have ready a 12v car stereo AM FM Radio Booster Antenna
Adaptor plus snaplock cable conneters
Just in case, these parts are cheap
but handy if radio reception is poor afer fitting new unit
saves taking the unit out again
let us know you get on
take Pictures of units comming out and fitiing new unit
and internal wiring harness of you car
these pics will prove usefull to other members
good luck

Kowaizo
03-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Also an update, I just ordered this off ebay and there's an ebay motors coupon to save 10% off your purchase, so it might be cheaper for some to get it this way as my out the door cost was 405$.

-Kowaizo

dwrecording
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Im really curious how this goes for you. I had a 7" flip screen no name POS DVD player that was OK for watching TV and movies, but totally sucked for music, ran hot, and blocked my vents. Also this would save me $10/mo on my phone bill since I wouldn't need the VZ navigator anymore (although it does show gas stations and local businesses) and from the screen shots looks pretty decent. Id really like to do a carputer but complexity and cost can get pretty high.

Why would you use VZ nav when google maps is free and 200x bettter?

hackenfort
04-19-2011, 07:50 AM
Ordered one yesterday, the wait begins...

toy_toronto
04-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Also an update, I just ordered this off ebay and there's an ebay motors coupon to save 10% off your purchase, so it might be cheaper for some to get it this way as my out the door cost was 405$.

-Kowaizo

Ordered one yesterday, the wait begins...

Hi, which head unit did you guys order? (sorry, there are a couple of other models being discussed in this thread)

hackenfort
04-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi, which head unit did you guys order? (sorry, there are a couple of other models being discussed in this thread)

here is the one I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Din-Indash-DVD-GPS-Navi-Toyota-Sequoia-FJ-Cruiser-PIP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aaa6fb348QQitemZ32068 7027016QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

toy_toronto
04-19-2011, 05:13 PM
here is the one I bought
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Din-Indash-DVD-GPS-Navi-Toyota-Sequoia-FJ-Cruiser-PIP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aaa6fb348QQitemZ32068 7027016QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Oh the exact same one as mine -- you're gonna love it :w00t:

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/231a2e8c.jpg

Kowaizo
04-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Yup, I got the same one. :). Had it for a bit now and I'm quite impressed with it, asides from not saving your place off of usb and ipod play, its quite impressive for the price.

Midnightsun
04-20-2011, 07:12 AM
Where do you get the GPS maps for north america for this unit? Anyone have a copy available. :biggrin:

FF_Attack
04-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Ordered mine today. I am suppose to have it by May 10th... not sure what to do til then, suggestions? Ha.

hackenfort
04-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I should have mine this afternoon, withing the next couple of hours.

I must say delivery was very fast, it arrived yesterday, but I didn't make it home in time to sign for it, had I been 10 mins sooner, as they require a signature.

I thought I'd just swing by the local DHL office and pick it up, but they move thier office 80 miles away!

hackenfort
04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
The install was very easy, and I just love the unit, same GPS issue everyone else had, but that's to this thread, a very easy fix.

Only issue so far, can't get the Apple touch working, says connected, but then nothing.

hackenfort
04-23-2011, 03:27 PM
What I am finding is th USB does not work well with any volume of data. Seem that once presented with much more than 1GB it gets very slow in loading, but does work, can't get it to work at all wit 16gb. Everything else is working fine, except the iPod function, can't get that working at all, which I find this unacceptable. I have written the seller to see what if anything can be done.

While it's a GREAT looking unit, it doesn't perform anywhere near where it should, with external data (MP3s) or a newer iPod. I may end up putting the JVC Head unit back in and sticking the Garmin back on the window if this can't be resolved.

Kevin

Update: The seller is now telling me in only works with iPod's made prior to 2009, but the listing states all version.

FF_Attack
04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Just checked the tracking, mine comes tomorrow morning. Pretty excited.

Midnightsun
04-25-2011, 01:48 PM
What I am finding is th USB does not work well with any volume of data. Seem that once presented with much more than 1GB it gets very slow in loading, but does work, can't get it to work at all wit 16gb. Everything else is working fine, except the iPod function, can't get that working at all, which I find this unacceptable. I have written the seller to see what if anything can be done.

While it's a GREAT looking unit, it doesn't perform anywhere near where it should, with external data (MP3s) or a newer iPod. I may end up putting the JVC Head unit back in and sticking the Garmin back on the window if this can't be resolved.

Kevin

Update: The seller is now telling me in only works with iPod's made prior to 2009, but the listing states all version.

Thanks for the update as I was about to get one of these however with the issues for Ipod/phone and other items you have listed I will look elsewhere. Thanks.

FF_Attack
04-25-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll see how my iPhone4 works on my HU tomorrow when it arrives. Worst case scenario I just buy an older iPod that I stick in the glove compartment.

FF_Attack
04-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I installed mine last night. It's kind of a mess and a little bit slow sometimes. If I leave the radio screen for the navigation screen the radio sound turns off.

My iPhone4 works fine with the iPod connection, but the sound quality isn't nearly as good as my factory stereo's iPod connection.

All-in-all it does the job, for $450 shipped it's a good deal. The interface menus are real ugly though.

Toy, you said you ditched the iGo navi app? Is the TOM TOM one much better? Any other suggestions?

- Chris

FF_Attack
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm going to try running Wolf NCU to change the interface:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9216/idrive2.jpg

toy_toronto
04-27-2011, 08:48 PM

Kevin

Sorry to hear you aren't too happy with it. I honestly expected that there'll be a few quirks here and there (WinCE), and I didn't really have much expectations with this HU based on the features it has for the price I paid.

I just use the microSD mainly for MP3's and movies -- works fine for my needs. I also sometimes just stream my iPhone 4 over Bluetooth and that part seems to work for me as well.

toy_toronto
04-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I installed mine last night. It's kind of a mess and a little bit slow sometimes. If I leave the radio screen for the navigation screen the radio sound turns off.

My iPhone4 works fine with the iPod connection, but the sound quality isn't nearly as good as my factory stereo's iPod connection.

All-in-all it does the job, for $450 shipped it's a good deal. The interface menus are real ugly though.

Toy, you said you ditched the iGo navi app? Is the TOM TOM one much better? Any other suggestions?

- Chris

Actually, I ditched Route 66 and still running the iGO NAVI -- I think it's great :thumbsup:

What did you mean the radio turns off if you leave the radio screen (with Nav/GPS running)?

FF_Attack
04-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Actually, I ditched Route 66 and still running the iGO NAVI -- I think it's great :thumbsup:

What did you mean the radio turns off if you leave the radio screen (with Nav/GPS running)?

I played with it some more and I too like Route 66.

When I leave the "radio" screen and go to the "navi" screen the music from the radio stops playing. Do they all do that? It seems that you can only run one at a time.

I'm really liking it. I'll have some photos up after work today. I'm also playing with the wolfncu program you linked to earlier in this post.

- Chris

toy_toronto
04-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Chris you should be able to listen to radio, CD, MP3's, watch dvd/movies (pip), etc. during Nav.

I too had that problem before but I figured it out after tweaking around with the menus.

1) Get to the GPS main settings (see image below) and try this:

2) touch anywhere on the screen and you'll notice a small yellow lock in the upper left hand corner.

3) Click on the yellow lock icon quickly since I think you only have a second or two before it disappears.

4) Set you default "source" which ever you like to listen to during GPS Navigation.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/24de99w.jpg

Hope this helps.

cheers.

FF_Attack
04-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Ahh, you're a lifesaver... thanks everything is working now.

Some quick iPhone pictures:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5024/5662877399_f0a2f3f11e_z.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5663444488_0784823e9d_z.jpg

FF_Attack
04-27-2011, 11:34 PM
Also, the long delay during navigation instructions and your music can be edited:

Igo8 Sound pause optimization ( time taken between a TTS direction and music to resume )

Edit your existing sys.txt and add ( or modify if already there )
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0 ;timeout for wavedev to goto sleep

This is the lines in my original sys.txt
Quote:
[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1

This is how it should look after edit
Quote:
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0

hackenfort
04-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Please don't take my previous post wrong, I like the unit. My GPS works great, the audio is better than stock IMO, but not as good as the JVC I pulled out. My only complaint is the IPOD issue, I'm hopig to try an older iPod tonight.

IMO it's the best looking unit I have seen for the Yaris so far, and I'm enjoying it.

FF_Attack
04-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Please don't take my previous post wrong, I like the unit. My GPS works great, the audio is better than stock IMO, but not as good as the JVC I pulled out. My only complaint is the IPOD issue, I'm hopig to try an older iPod tonight.

IMO it's the best looking unit I have seen for the Yaris so far, and I'm enjoying it.

My iPhone4 works fine on my iPod connection, just the interface and menu for the iPod controls lag and are not easy to use.

piranha0522
04-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, i'm likely going to order this unit tonight. But I have a few questions which the the listing doesn't answer

- Does the unit come with GPS Nav software preloaded on an SD card? If so which software is it? I have seen a few different names thrown around in the thread so im wondering what it comes with.
- How do I get other software and maps if I don't like a certain one?
- Where have you guys mounted your GPS antenna?

kachdoda
04-29-2011, 02:02 AM
Hello everyone,
I bought unit few months ago. Everything works except GPS. I tried SD card received with Igo software (US. and Canada) but it didn't work. I contacted the seller on ebay who suggested the same solutions already posted but without result. the screen is frozen on the main page NAVI (although I did all settings: time, path, GPS antenna connection, etc.).. I still get the same message: NOT FIND NAVIGATION SOFTWARE!
could anyone help me to find a solution?:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks!

toy_toronto
04-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, i'm likely going to order this unit tonight. But I have a few questions which the the listing doesn't answer

- Does the unit come with GPS Nav software preloaded on an SD card? If so which software is it? I have seen a few different names thrown around in the thread so im wondering what it comes with.
- How do I get other software and maps if I don't like a certain one?
- Where have you guys mounted your GPS antenna?

- that depends on the seller. you can ask them if it will ship with the GPS SD card and if so, ask them which app they provide (* pref iGO).
- unfortunately that's the hard part. you have to dig the nets or find good 'underground' sites or maybe rapidshare, etc.
- I have my gps antenna on my dash, see post #37, #40 for my quick reviews and other tidbids about this unit.

...the screen is frozen on the main page NAVI (although I did all settings: time, path, GPS antenna connection, etc.).. I still get the same message: NOT FIND NAVIGATION SOFTWARE!
could anyone help me to find a solution?:confused::confused::confused:
Thanks!

The only time I encounter that error is if iGO.exe is either missing or incorrectly specified under the folder path, or if the microSD card is not physically inserted on the GPS SD card slot (check to make sure you're using the left slot, not the right).

http://i51.tinypic.com/b70toj.jpg

toy_toronto
04-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Also, the long delay during navigation instructions and your music can be edited:

Igo8 Sound pause optimization ( time taken between a TTS direction and music to resume )

Edit your existing sys.txt and add ( or modify if already there )
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0 ;timeout for wavedev to goto sleep

This is the lines in my original sys.txt
Quote:
[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200
mute_os_key=1

This is how it should look after edit
Quote:
[sound]
sound_q_length=200
queue_length=200
ding=0
suspend_time=0

Nice tip, thanks!

FF_Attack
04-29-2011, 02:51 PM
I opted to leave my GPS antenna under wraps. I routed it to the center console and it lives underneath my rear cup holder. It works fine and always has full signal strength.

I figure it's no different than a cellular phone. If my phone is in my pocket, or anywhere in my car it still has signal.

toy_toronto
04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
GPS signal is pretty strong, isn't it? I was inside my garage with door closed and the gps antenna was under my dash during my initial install -- even then I had strong signals =)

SKurj
05-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Great thread, I just ordered one here (http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Custom,Car,DVD,Player,GPS,Radio,System,with,6,2,HD ,Touch,Screen,for,Toyota,RAV4,1996,2005,2006,2011, Yaris,2009,Land,Cruiser,Camry,2002,2006,Corolla,20 02,2006,Echo,2000,2005,,IZZCE8281,133796.php?prod= 133796)

A bit leary of the made in china thing, hope i never have an issue with it. It came down to Toyota Blue Logic for the same price or something like this.

fingers crossed!

Revsson
05-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Interesting find. Looking forward to your installation and reviews.

kachdoda
05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
-

The only time I encounter that error is if iGO.exe is either missing or incorrectly specified under the folder path, or if the microSD card is not physically inserted on the GPS SD card slot (check to make sure you're using the left slot, not the right).

http://i51.tinypic.com/b70toj.jpg

I used the left slot. I entered the path: \storageCard\Igo8\igo8.exe but GPS fail to start and returns to main menu (for over 15 minutes)
When I turn off and restart the unit I get message telling me that GPS didn’t start properly and asking me to return the original configuration
-When I press no: I get same message for 2 more times then the screen returns to GPS main menu
-When I press yes : unit returns to factory configuration (reinitialising clock and path changes to \storageCard\NWDSoftware.Exe
Do you think that the problem provides from unit or sys.txt...?
Thanks for your help.

toy_toronto
05-02-2011, 11:30 PM
^ It looks like you're doing everything correctly. I'm guessing you may have a corrupted SD card there mate, sorry.

I'd suggest you contact the seller again to get this sorted out.

kachdoda
05-03-2011, 01:51 PM
^ It looks like you're doing everything correctly. I'm guessing you may have a corrupted SD card there mate, sorry.

I'd suggest you contact the seller again to get this sorted out.

I tried to contact my ebay seller several times to confirm version he sent me in my SD card but I got no answer
Wich vesion of Igo are you using?
I'm thinking that version or syst.txt in my SD card can be the cause of initialization crash.
I really need your help. I can not count on my seller anymore... Apparently he sold me the unit without worrying about the after sales service!
Thanks.

toy_toronto
05-03-2011, 03:18 PM
I tried to contact my ebay seller several times to confirm version he sent me in my SD card but I got no answer
Wich vesion of Igo are you using?
I'm thinking that version or syst.txt in my SD card can be the cause of initialization crash.
I really need your help. I can not count on my seller anymore... Apparently he sold me the unit without worrying about the after sales service!
Thanks.

I don't know if we have any resident iGO GPS Nav experts here on YW (and unfortunately I'm not one of them).

Register to the link below and I can almost guarantee that you will get the answers you are looking for over there :wink:

http://www.mobilepassion.org/viewforum.php?f=73

davie_jacobs
05-03-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.marinadelreytoyota.com/usr/image/Sales/toyotamilitary.jpg (http://www.marinadelreytoyota.com/)

FF_Attack
05-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Great thread, I just ordered one here (http://www.ipmart.com/main/product/Custom,Car,DVD,Player,GPS,Radio,System,with,6,2,HD ,Touch,Screen,for,Toyota,RAV4,1996,2005,2006,2011, Yaris,2009,Land,Cruiser,Camry,2002,2006,Corolla,20 02,2006,Echo,2000,2005,,IZZCE8281,133796.php?prod= 133796)

A bit leary of the made in china thing, hope i never have an issue with it. It came down to Toyota Blue Logic for the same price or something like this.

fingers crossed!

Everything is made in China, what is there to be leery of?
:thumbup:

Longsx3
05-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I am so happy I found this thread! We bought my DD a 08 Yaris and wanted to switch out the HU, we went to BB and were expecting to pay over 1K with less than and OEM look....which DD did not like. Instead we will be paying less than 500!!

wufai
05-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm searching everywhere for a aftermarket deck that can display mp3 info in Chinese. Will this deck do it for me? If anyone would like to help I can send them a mp3 file. Just take a picture of the ID tag info. would finally end my long search for a new stereo.

toy_toronto
05-13-2011, 01:34 PM
I thnk it might even be quicker just to shoot a question to the seller to confirm if Chinese id tags are supported:

Otherwise, I can probably check this for you so just pm me.

piranha0522
05-15-2011, 07:35 PM
So I installed my unit earlier this week. It's the exact one you ordered Toy.

I have to say i'm VERY pleased with it. This unit works perfectly with my 30gig iPod. It charges my iPod and I love how you just connect it and forget it since all the playlists are accesible through the screen.

The Bluetooth works great. I have it set to connect automatically to my Blackberry as soon as I start my car. My friends have said there is a slight echo on their end but overall it works very well.

The iGo Navigation works great too. At first it wasn't picking up any satellite signal but then I went into the settings under advanced mode and changed the port. If anyone has any issues getting their GPS to work try this as a possible solution.
I really like the features and interface iGo has.

Even the sound quality seems much better to me.
Anyways just wanted to express my approval!

SKurj
05-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Excellent.. I am still waiting for mine.. chose EMS shipping option.. it mebbe awhile.

toy_toronto
05-16-2011, 11:44 PM
So I installed my unit earlier this week. It's the exact one you ordered Toy.

I have to say i'm VERY pleased with it. This unit works perfectly with my 30gig iPod. It charges my iPod and I love how you just connect it and forget it since all the playlists are accesible through the screen.

The Bluetooth works great. I have it set to connect automatically to my Blackberry as soon as I start my car. My friends have said there is a slight echo on their end but overall it works very well.

The iGo Navigation works great too. At first it wasn't picking up any satellite signal but then I went into the settings under advanced mode and changed the port. If anyone has any issues getting their GPS to work try this as a possible solution.
I really like the features and interface iGo has.

Even the sound quality seems much better to me.
Anyways just wanted to express my approval!

Glad you like it =)

I'm also still enjoying mine and so far no hardware issues whatsoever -- pretty solid unit.

FF_Attack
05-17-2011, 07:38 PM
My iPod always resets after turning the unit off. Is this standard for everyone else? Is there a way for the unit to remember where I was at in a playlist?

- Chris

toy_toronto
05-17-2011, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately mine is the same way, doesn't continue where you left off after you turn off the unit. :frown:

p.s. How's your car since the Vegas mishap... everything good?

ffourie
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM
Hi guys.
I've been keeping an eye out for a good 2Din Radio for a while now, and loved the look and price of this one.
So, It was kind of an impulse buy, but I just got this one.
Same same, and looking forward to delivery to get it installed.
Thanks for the thread.

ffourie
05-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Hey toy_toronto, the seller that Im trying to buy this HU from seems to think it wont fit in my car, as its 206mm wide. I have confirmed that the opening in my 2010 yaris5dr HB is 200mm. Thats the same as yours right? And by your pic on the first page the radio is 206mm overall, and fits quite snug in right? Just wanted to double check...

Oh, and one more question, I really like that phone holder you have in the cup holder. Is it a DIY, or did you buy it somewhere?

toy_toronto
05-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey ffourie, the HU's main face dimension itself should only be roughly around 200mm, and the 206mm they refer to is the "lip" where the Yaris stock bezel rests on top of... I hope this makes sense (?)

Re: iPhone mount, I also like it very much. I bought it from Best Buy before I got the double-DIN. It's a Magellan Premium Car kit and you can check it out from this link: http://www1.magellangps.com/iphone/iphoneapp_car_kit.asp

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/563d57db.jpg

I have its suction cup mounted onto 3 stacked/glued hockey pucks sitting inside my cup holder, lol.

-toy

ffourie
05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Hehe, thats very Canadian of you :-)
Thanks for the info. Im pretty sure the dimentions will fit after taking a closer look and confirming with you. I hope the wiring harness fits ok, if not, well, there's always the solder iron. I will def check out that holder thanks

toy_toronto
05-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Lol, for the record the hockey pucks idea isn't mine, but did originate from a member here who is also a Canadian :laugh:

I'm also sure it will work (incl. the toyota specific harness) so you should be listening to music within 30 minutes from start of the install to finish.

Good luck!

FF_Attack
05-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately mine is the same way, doesn't continue where you left off after you turn off the unit. :frown:

p.s. How's your car since the Vegas mishap... everything good?

Yup, back up and running. $1,000 USD and a weekend it's all it cost.

I ended up burning 2 gigs wort of music to a DVD instead of using the iPod. It picks up where it leaves off.

SKurj
05-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Well mine arrived, installed today and all looks ok. (same unit as Toy's from look of it)

I had to file down one of the locating pins on the factory brackets but other than that all went well. The screen is abit difficult to read in bright sunlight, I haven't found much yet to make it brighter. Struggled saving radio stations but got that solved. GPS worked out of the box, just haven't actually tried to navigate anywhere.
Bluetooth hooked up, so far everything looks good. Just have to try a DVD, see if it reads the USB ok, and music on a 16gb sd.

So far quite happy with it.

SKurj
05-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Ok one tiny issue...

The spectrum doesn't work.. well the screen is displayed but nothing moves i can switch between the 2 modes but none of the indicators move.

hackenfort
05-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I hope everyone has better luck than I did with this unit. I ended up sending it back (at my expense) after trying to work things out with the seller on ebay. My unit failed to work with any I-pods, or external media such as the micro sd's and thumb drives.

The seller (AUTODVDPLAYERS) was of no help at all, and took days to reply, stating that the unit was a 2008 design and I can't expect it to work with newer items.
In the end I had to start an e-bay claim as the seller wouldn't refund or accept returns, good thing e-bay did refund my money.

My car is now back to the Alpine iDA-X100 & Garmin GPS. Must say after putting the Alpine back in, it does sound much much better.

Best of luck everyone, it's a great looking unit.

SKurj
05-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't have an iPod to try, but no issues with my usb flash drive or a 16gb sd. Still figuring things out but yet to find a way to have it randomize playback of the tunes on usb or sd.

toy_toronto
05-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok one tiny issue...

The spectrum doesn't work.. well the screen is displayed but nothing moves i can switch between the 2 modes but none of the indicators move.

So to clarify, with spectrun analyzer option on and without touching the screen for about 5 seconds or so during playback, the lights/bars of the analyzer don't "bounce" around?

I hope everyone has better luck than I did with this unit. I ended up sending it back (at my expense) after trying to work things out with the seller on ebay. My unit failed to work with any I-pods, or external media such as the micro sd's and thumb drives.

The seller (AUTODVDPLAYERS) was of no help at all, and took days to reply, stating that the unit was a 2008 design and I can't expect it to work with newer items.
In the end I had to start an e-bay claim as the seller wouldn't refund or accept returns, good thing e-bay did refund my money.

My car is now back to the Alpine iDA-X100 & Garmin GPS. Must say after putting the Alpine back in, it does sound much much better.

Best of luck everyone, it's a great looking unit.

hey hackenfort, sorry to hear about your experience. i'm glad your money was returned and happy once again with the quality of your sound system.

I did not realize this HU would gather a lot of interest and I should really warn people that this HU is not for eveyone, especially those that rely a lot on their iPods for music since the menus sometimes are very 'clunky' (unlike your mainstream brands like alpines, pioneers, kenwoods, etc.) that have far more superior user GUI and detailed manuals.

again, please use your discretion before thinking about getting one and read my mini reviews of the unit when I first installed it. i've reposted it below and also daveprue's mini review.

-toy

Ok, I’ll start my mini-review bit by bit and will do it by mentioning the different features of this HU. Once again this unit runs a Windows CE based OS v6.0 and it has 128MB of memory. I consider this HU the newer generation compared to the older versions from china that have WinCE v5.0 64MB ram and a ‘clunky’ user interface. What I also liked about this specific unit is the high resolution LCD that does 800x480 unlike the older ones and other commercial head units that can only do 400x240.

Installation:
The installations was super simple. There’s a great tutorial stickied at the top that shows exactly how to swap out the Yaris HU (thanks to Slick’s DIY amp wire running and radio trim removal). The stock dash bezel opening is 200mm x 100mm, it’s perfect for the unit and no modification was needed. I used the same HU hardware brackets and mounting screws for the new HU. I just plugged in the supplied harness and cables into the existing connectors and radio antenna and it’s up and running. Tuck away the wires, screw in the HU and put all panels back.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/cf1b72db.jpg

I routed the USB and iPod cables under the dash and into the glove box… I couldn’t bring myself to drill any holes through. Btw, I leave my ipod nano plugged in the glove box and it charges automatically when the HU is on. I also just discovered that the USB cable can be used as a USB charger since it supplies +5V. It can charge my BT headset, iPhone, my son’s Nintendo DS, etc.. I hope this does not create a problem with the HU.

I mounted the gps antenna on top of the dashboard and not hidden underneath because I want to be certain that the satellite signals can be acquired quickly and easily by the gps.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/2f39e395.jpg

Sound:
Though I've not yet logged many hours on this thing but for the short time I’ve had it and fiddled around with the treble/bass, I do find the sound VERY nice and it is clearly better than the stock HU the yaris had before. I keep repeating myself but It will take me a while before I can really comment in its overall performance or reliability – it does have tons of crazy features such as picture-in-picture (DVD and gps nav at same time, dual-zone display as in a remote LCD in backseat playing a movie while GPS nav running on main console LCD. It also has capabilities for a rear/backup camera, but you must buy the optional cam which you just plug into the rear of the HU camera input.

I’ll provide more comments later on… so stay tuned :smile:

-toy

Interface:
I like the general look and placement of the physical buttons on the HU bezel. As astoman mentioned, it has an OEM feel to it.. the same type of look the navigation system that my cousin's Lexus has in his SUV. The general GUI is not perfect (not even close to) in some of the menu can be a little clunky however that is to be expected on a low-cost, windows CE platform.. expect to see a few quirks here and there but it will perform the tasks it's intended to do... seems like a fun toy so far.

** AM/FM Radio menu interface. Preset up to 24 FM station and 8 AM station. Supports RDS such as limited radio station info, current songs title, genre, etc.

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/62a7e370.jpg

DVD/Video Playback
I understand some see this as a major hazard but please, no flames. I don't intend to watch DVD movies while driving --that's just plain stupid. I have a giant HD LCD screen in the basement for that purpose. It'll be used for passengers only or as I'm waiting for people in the parking lot. There are lots of variations of these things on EBay but I made sure the one I bought is capable of Picture-in-Picture.

Clarkson on Stig: "** Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all his legs are hydraulic... "

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/f837304d.jpg

GPS:
The unit came with 2GB SD card that contained the GPS software (Route 66) preinstalled. Route 66 works well, however i thought it wasn't as good as my tomtom or the iGO8 software which I replaced it with. I made a backup of the entire 2GB SD card on my hard drive first, then I formatted it to FAT32. I then copied the entire iGO8 with North America maps to the SD card. I was surprised that it picks up the GPS satellites very quickly (under 20 seconds) even the time when I still had the antenna hidden behind the glove box during the install. I used 2-sided tape and mounted the gps antenna on top of my dash as the final placement.

One big complain I have so far though is that there's way too many features but VERY LITTLE documentation. The manual that came with it is very high level and poorly written. I sort of have to fumble around the menus, drill down try to figure things out as I go along.

** Zoolander: "I'm not an ambi-turner". Below pic shows the PIP NAV screen on top of movie zoomed at 30%. Note the PIP size can be increased/zoomed up to 60% of screen

http://i911.photobucket.com/albums/ac316/mywebshare44/2010%20Toyota%20Yaris/DVD%20GPS%20Car%20Entertainment%20System/d86db964.jpg

That's all I have for now and more to come later. I'll try to post some night shots to show the different backlighting options and how well it matches the yaris instrument panel LEDs. Yes, the buttons LED backlights can be changed to green, red, or orange on-the-fly whichever you prefer.

-toy

From daveprue:

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00716.JPG

Here is the unit installed, powered down.

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00717.JPG

This is the Main Menu. You get this by pressing the "Source" button. One thing I really like is that at powerup, the unit goes directly to whatever mode you were in when you powered down. When I come out of the grocery store, the unit picks up playing my mp3 exactly where it was when I parked.

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00718.JPG

This is the FM Radio Mode. The reception is equal or better than my stock HU was. I am no audiophile, but the sound seems great.

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00721.JPG

This is the GPS Mode. I love that the GPS mutes the music when it gives you voice prompts. The map data is far better than my Garmin unit was, it even includes speed limit information for many roads, and (if you enable it) the voice alerts you that "You are exceeding the speed limit".

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00724.JPG

Bluetooth mode. I love it. It connects to my phone when I start the car, and disconnects when I turn the car off. My cellphone never leaves my pocket. In experimentation, I have been told that the mic "sounds a bit tinny", one friend of mine said that it might be the "little car" that is causing it... :moon:

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00726.JPG

This is PIP mode (Picture in Picture). In this instance I have the FM as the primary screen, and the PIP frame contains the GPS. You also have the ability to set "2 Zone" mode, so that you can direct one output to the video out (think headrest screens) while displaying a different mode on the main screen.

http://www.prue.com/photos/DSC00727.JPG

Finally, this is the mp3 mode, reading from the microSD card inserted on the lower right of the unit.

Anyway, I know this is a lot of pictures, but I tried to give a representative smattering of modes etc. If there is anything in particular that someone would like to see, let me know.

My primary worry, when buying the unit, was how "OEM" it would look installed. I really did not want weird spaces around the edge, or the faceplate not matching the bezel. If you have those worries, don't! It is at least as good a fit as the original unit.

alex151
05-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Hello,
I have a Ford Focus, but the player/navigator software is just the same.
I just bought a second displyay to use the "2-zone" function (I want to use the navigator while the children in the back watch at a cartooon on the second display), but now I realize that the "2-zone" function is disabled! :(
If I click on it nothing happens, the button seems to be disabled.
Has anyone used the 2-zone function with a second display?
Do you know how could I enable it?

Last question: is there a way to update the firmware/software (not the navigation IGO software)?
From where can I download the latest release?

Many thanks and best regards to all :)

Alex.

toy_toronto
05-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Alex, i don't really know if anyone has actually installed a 2nd display for this hu.

On mine, the 2-zone button appears to be "active" (button can be clicked) but I don't have another display though. I went thorugh the menu settings but could not find any related to enabling/disabling this feature.

In terms of firmware updates, i've searched and found a couple of sites that offer it (sorry can't remember the links it's been a while) but reading through their forums most have been unsuccessful and/or have ended up with 'bricked' units.

If you find a working solution pls do comeback and share what you find =)

-toy

SKurj
05-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Yes Toy, nothing bounces in the Spectrum screen. I think it did the once.. and only once.. I think the first time i went to the spectrum screen they bounced until i tapped the screen again.

alex151
05-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Alex, i don't really know if anyone has actually installed a 2nd display for this hu.

However thanks for the reply :)

On mine, the 2-zone button appears to be "active" (button can be clicked) but I don't have another display though.

What happens if you click on it?

I went thorugh the menu settings but could not find any related to enabling/disabling this feature.

That's my same problem.

In terms of firmware updates, i've searched and found a couple of sites that offer it (sorry can't remember the links it's been a while) but reading through their forums most have been unsuccessful and/or have ended up with 'bricked' units.

OK, for the moment it's better to not to change it ;)

If you find a working solution pls do comeback and share what you find =)

Sure I will do it =)

SKurj
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Maybe this weekend I will have a go and try resetting the unit and see if I can get the spectrum to work.

Next question... with PIP i don't have the option to display the radio in the small window and navi in the large (can display everything else). Is that the norm?

I can do radio large, navi small

Should add I cannot get radio to play with Navi large at all.

toy_toronto
05-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Let us know how you make out... just in case, the reset hole/button is in the top left hand corner beside the VOL knob.

BTW, did you check to make sure the spectrum analyzer option wasn't disabled?

http://i51.tinypic.com/1fg2gz.jpg

-toy

SKurj
05-26-2011, 06:43 AM
Yes its not disabled

Ahh the reset hole.. thanks I was thinking I would just disconnect the battery for a minute. That solution looks better.

djct_watt
05-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Oh god will this thread ever die! Unsubscribe! unsubscribe!

SKurj
05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Well I tried the reset, not quite a true reset, looks like the unit maintains all my settings.
The first time i open the spectrum screen after reset the things bounce for a split second then come to rest and never move again...

Meh not a big issue.

brendan
06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Hi, I have received mine today. Where must I connect the "brake detection" "back detection" and "AMP control" cables? It's the 3 seperate cables coming from the power plug. And also I don't know if anyone of you have the reverse camera, but there is a short red cable connected to each end of the AV cable that connects the camera to the unit. Where must this be connected?

Thanks for the help
Brendan

toy_toronto
06-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi, I have received mine today. Where must I connect the "brake detection" "back detection" and "AMP control" cables? It's the 3 seperate cables coming from the power plug. And also I don't know if anyone of you have the reverse camera, but there is a short red cable connected to each end of the AV cable that connects the camera to the unit. Where must this be connected?

Thanks for the help
Brendan

Brendan it's been a while since I installed mine and I can't even recall what the connections at the back looked like, lol.

All I remember was it was plug n play (toyota harness) and took me like 15 minutes to hook everything up. I don't think those cables you're referring to needs to be connected (likely they're to prevent dvd playback when driving, etc.). I think I just left mine unconnected and zip tied them at the back.

-toy

2009BBPliftback
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Can anyone recommend an amazon seller for this item? I'm a little nervous I want to make sure I get one from a reputable seller..

Spidermandud
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Can anyone recommend an amazon seller for this item? I'm a little nervous I want to make sure I get one from a reputable seller..

Not amazon, but these are fairly priced.

http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-gps-navigation-player-with-high-definition-screen-and-bt-rds-pip-steering-wheel-control-for-toyota-series-p-565.html

BennyLava
08-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Anyone know exactly how many millimeters the opening for a 2009 double din unit is? I am wondering if the unit that the OP put in, will fit in my car.

BennyLava
08-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Ok read the whole thread and I found out that it fits fine. There are only a couple of questions that I have.

1. Do ALL of these units come with 128mb of RAM? I'm talking about the exact same unit that the OP used. I see some websites are selling it, but they say something like "EMS Memory: 64MB". If you scroll down a bit after clicking on this link, you can see where they say that. I just want to be 100% sure that I get a unit with 128mb of RAM just like the OP did. I hate a slow interface.

http://www.dhgate.com/car-dvd-player-and-gps-for-toyota-hilux-sr5/r-ff8080812ba4a956012baa659f670fb5.html

2. How do you update maps? Do you just buy another micro SD card from iGO?

3. There seems to be some pretty big discrepancies in the prices of these things. Some places seem to be selling it for around $300, while other sell it close to $500. Is that cause some places sell it without the GPS software SD card?

BennyLava
08-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Anyone still following this thread?

myfoothurts
08-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, ordered last week from above link at DHGate, picking up package from Depot tonight & installing it myself!

:)

Spidermandud
08-24-2011, 01:22 PM
I watch this thread awaiting more pictures, and someone to find ever lower prices haha.

toy_toronto
08-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Anyone know exactly how many millimeters the opening for a 2009 double din unit is? I am wondering if the unit that the OP put in, will fit in my car.

Anyone still following this thread?

Ok read the whole thread and I found out that it fits fine. There are only a couple of questions that I have.

1. Do ALL of these units come with 128mb of RAM? I'm talking about the exact same unit that the OP used. I see some websites are selling it, but they say something like "EMS Memory: 64MB". If you scroll down a bit after clicking on this link, you can see where they say that. I just want to be 100% sure that I get a unit with 128mb of RAM just like the OP did. I hate a slow interface.

3. There seems to be some pretty big discrepancies in the prices of these things. Some places seem to be selling it for around $300, while other sell it close to $500. Is that cause some places sell it without the GPS software SD card?

I'm glad you read the thread as I knew the answers you needed were already posted (ex: first post, first picture for the bezel measurements). I no longer have my seller's contact since he doesn't exists on ebay anymore.

As for updating the maps you're kinda pretty much on your own finding the updates depending on which app comes preloaded on the SD card. Your best bet is to find the specs/info directly from other vendors, and if you can't get the answer then move on to the next seller who will provide them. You're pretty much taking your own chances with these units like I did and fortunately it worked out for my own needs.

-toy

myfoothurts
08-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Toy Toronto, I cannot thank-you enough for starting this thread!

I am very impressed with this unit! Instalation took maybe 10 minutes at the most, my GPS worked out of the box. I have not checked my version or if I need any updates yet as everything works great!

I fished the GPS, USB & Ipod cable through the dash and into the glove box.

toy_toronto
08-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Excellent and congrats :)

-toy

BennyLava
08-30-2011, 09:38 PM
How exactly do you pair the bluetooth? My unit came with no instructions.

Black_griffin6
08-30-2011, 10:47 PM
How exactly do you pair the bluetooth? My unit came with no instructions.
I have the same headunit, and I have paired my phone to it.

It's pretty easy, but you have to do it through your phone. Just go to the bluetooth menu on your phone and go to "find device", then pair it with the head unit. Your radio has to be on for this to happen though.

BennyLava
08-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Ah yeah I saw that before I even had a chance to come back and edit my post lol. For some reason I didn't see the little "sync" button at the bottom of the bluetooth menu on the phone.

But now, of course, I have another question. How do you get all your contacts from your phone, loaded into the navigation unit? If you are to make calls from the unit itself, you are going to need all your contacts in the little phone book so you can scroll through who you want to call.

toy_toronto
08-31-2011, 12:12 PM
Ah yeah I saw that before I even had a chance to come back and edit my post lol. For some reason I didn't see the little "sync" button at the bottom of the bluetooth menu on the phone.

But now, of course, I have another question. How do you get all your contacts from your phone, loaded into the navigation unit? If you are to make calls from the unit itself, you are going to need all your contacts in the little phone book so you can scroll through who you want to call.

I don't think you can to be honest... others can correct me if I'm wrong. I've always just used speed dial on my iphone while BT connected.

The only interface buttons I use on the deck during phone calls are the "call answer" and "hangup" buttons, lol. I also use the play, prev, next, stop, etc. buttons while A2DP streaming music playback from my phone.

-toy

BennyLava
08-31-2011, 01:25 PM
ok thanks man i appreciate it. im having some trouble actually getting the gps to start working though. it says i have iGo 8. how do you make it actually stat telling you how to get there? i feel silly asking but this gps interface doesnt make it very aparent

PROX4x4
08-31-2011, 02:03 PM
How is it working so far? i am interested in installing one of these.:thumbsup:

toy_toronto
08-31-2011, 02:24 PM
ok thanks man i appreciate it. im having some trouble actually getting the gps to start working though. it says i have iGo 8. how do you make it actually stat telling you how to get there? i feel silly asking but this gps interface doesnt make it very aparent

Navigate to the main NAVI screen and when you get there click the Setup icon and point the path to the .exe so that the unit knows to find the iGo8 GPS application launcher.

(* ignore the red text and arrows)

http://oi56.tinypic.com/24de99w.jpg

The GPS app should launch automatically when the headunit finds the .exe on the SD card, you will then need to go to the GPS menu / settings to auto-detect the GPS port of the head unit before you can start to navigate.

-toy

BennyLava
09-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Yeah I got the actual .exe gps thing loaded, and I set a route and everything. I was trying to actually use it, but it thought I was in san antonio texas for some reason, even though the little arrow that is supposed to be the car, never moved. And the unit never spoke directions. But I'll try your recommendation and see what happens. Then I'll report back heh

BennyLava
09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Ok thanks a lot man. Yeah for some reason, it doesn't autodetect the GPS antenna unless you go in and tell it to. Odd. Got it working now though!

And now... another question. Is there a way to... decouple the GPS voice from the radio volume? I maxed out all the settings on the GPS voice, but if you're listening to the radio, the radio is way too loud. If you turn the radio down enough for it to be tolerable, you can just barely make out the GPS voice.

BennyLava
09-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Nobody know?

andrey8
09-21-2011, 03:53 AM

see here:
http://www.autoadas.com/62-inch-all-in-one-car-gps-navigation-system-for-toyota-hiluxcrownvioslc-fj120new-prado-p-283.html

without GPS only 276$,with GPS,add 80$

BennyLava
09-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Is anyone else having this problem with the bluetooth?? When I use the bluetooth, I have to turn the volume way up. Then as soon as the person hangs up, my radio comes back on and it scares the crap out of me cause its loud as hell.

Black_griffin6
09-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Is anyone else having this problem with the bluetooth?? When I use the bluetooth, I have to turn the volume way up. Then as soon as the person hangs up, my radio comes back on and it scares the crap out of me cause its loud as hell.
Yeah, I have that problem. I haven't figured out if there is a way to set the bluetooth volume high then have the radio low.

I just have to remember to turn down the volume right when the person hangs up.

BennyLava
09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
What about you toy? Did you come up with a way around this?

toy_toronto
09-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I suggest you guys explore the unit a little further. I learned all the settings by trial and error.

There are lots of hidden menus in this thing and as you already know due to lack of documentation, you must find a way to really drill down deeper into the menu system and try them all. This is how I learned how to use this thing and I'm not even an audio expert.

On the first post, picture #5 shows the audio menu where if you hit "next" button I believe the following screen will show the option where you can increase/decrease the volume GAIN for Bluetooth, radio, DVD, etc. Give that a shot.

-toy

hwnstyle21
09-22-2011, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have link or seller name that for sure sells the 128mb memory version of this headunit?

Black_griffin6
09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
I suggest you guys explore the unit a little further. I learned all the settings by trial and error.

There are lots of hidden menus in this thing and as you already know due to lack of documentation, you must find a way to really drill down deeper into the menu system and try them all. This is how I learned how to use this thing and I'm not even an audio expert.

On the first post, picture #5 shows the audio menu where if you hit "next" button I believe the following screen will show the option where you can increase/decrease the volume GAIN for Bluetooth, radio, DVD, etc. Give that a shot.

-toy
Sweet! That worked! :thumbup:

I guess there are a lot more hidden menu's then I realized.

Spidermandud
09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Ordered!

hwnstyle21
10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
anyone using this headunit with an ipod/iphone? Is the interface fast or slow?

mr.steevo
10-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Whew! Long thread to read.

I've noticed that these head units come with a pen for the touch screen. Does this mean the pen is necessary for operation? What is the touch screen like in the winter for us Canadians?

WeeYari
10-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Pen is not necessary for touch screen operation. As far as climate impacting the unit, toy_toronto has no reported issues. In fact, he continues to show this thing off at every public opportunity.

Black_griffin6
10-24-2011, 10:10 PM
anyone using this headunit with an ipod/iphone? Is the interface fast or slow?
My girlfriend plugs in her iphone in it all the time and it runs great.
It even charges it as well as plays the music.

Whew! Long thread to read.

I've noticed that these head units come with a pen for the touch screen. Does this mean the pen is necessary for operation? What is the touch screen like in the winter for us Canadians?
I've had mine for 3 months now and I haven't used the touch pen once.
Mine even came with a remote control...which I haven't used yet. :laugh:

toy_toronto
10-25-2011, 04:32 PM
Pen is not necessary for touch screen operation. As far as climate impacting the unit, toy_toronto has no reported issues. In fact, he continues to show this thing off at every public opportunity.

All 100% true :thumbsup:

bad
10-26-2011, 10:07 PM
that's cool does it sounds good?

nicodu78
11-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Did anyone try this model :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150682436359?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=150682436359&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

With Win CE 6.0 !

BennyLava
11-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Alright guys I think that by now I've given this thing its fair shake. And really, the only problem that I can complain about is going to have to be the bluetooth sound quality. Its pretty bad. When you're on the other end, its difficult to understand the person who is in the car, using the unit. When you're the one in the car using the bluetooth, it sounds like the person you're talking to is on speakerphone and its really difficult to understand them. And you have to yell at the unit or the person you're talking to can't really hear you very well. Its just not a very high quality bluetooth. But, what can you expect for the low overall price of the unit.

So my question is this: Can a better aftermarket bluetooth unit be used with this headunit? I noticed that there is an aux input available on the back of the head unit itself. Think there is any way to get a higher quality parrot brand bluetooth unit rigged up?

Black_griffin6
11-21-2011, 02:35 AM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150682436359?_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=150682436359&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&vxp=mtr

With Win CE 6.0 !
I don't think so, you'll have to look through the thread and see.

Alright guys I think that by now I've given this thing its fair shake. And really, the only problem that I can complain about is going to have to be the bluetooth sound quality. Its pretty bad. When you're on the other end, its difficult to understand the person who is in the car, using the unit. When you're the one in the car using the bluetooth, it sounds like the person you're talking to is on speakerphone and its really difficult to understand them. And you have to yell at the unit or the person you're talking to can't really hear you very well. Its just not a very high quality bluetooth. But, what can you expect for the low overall price of the unit.

So my question is this: Can a better aftermarket bluetooth unit be used with this headunit? I noticed that there is an aux input available on the back of the head unit itself. Think there is any way to get a higher quality parrot brand bluetooth unit rigged up?
Yeah, I have to agree that it's not the best bluetooth ever. I don't have a problem with the sound from the other person, it's just whenever I try and talk.

greyger
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM

With Win CE 6.0 !

Hello, I received the radio a week ago from China. I am very pleased so far. Unfortunately I could not yet turn the RDS. There is certainly a hidden menu. I'm looking for yet.

I previously owned a DVD GPS Radio by Timelesslong.cn in my Yaris, which lacked some features, such as right dual zone, RDS and iPod charging current.

Please excuse my bad English

nicodu78
12-05-2011, 05:33 AM
Hello, I received the radio a week ago from China. I am very pleased so far. Unfortunately I could not yet turn the RDS. There is certainly a hidden menu. I'm looking for yet.

I previously owned a DVD GPS Radio by Timelesslong.cn in my Yaris, which lacked some features, such as right dual zone, RDS and iPod charging current.

Please excuse my bad English

Thanks a lot ! Can you tell me if there is a fan on rear of the unit ?

Can you send me a picture from head unit in your car ? nicodu78boss@gmail.com

Thanks a lot :w00t:

greyger
12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks a lot ! Can you tell me if there is a fan on rear of the unit ?

Can you send me a picture from head unit in your car ? nicodu78boss@gmail.com

Thanks a lot :w00t:

Hi, there is no fan on the rear panel. It is only the opening (the hole) is present. I make a picture and post it here later.

http://s7.directupload.net/images/111209/temp/i4dlc8st.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2733/i4dlc8st_jpg.htm)

rudi2
12-07-2011, 07:56 AM
hi guys

long thread to read ( forum is working )
I am a uk installer and r and d for many manufacturers.

The Dynavin unit I have played about with (mainly bmw vw audi) based.
but it seems to be a generic unit with differing faces. coming from a far east (china)
company.
The unit is visual based and in our experience does a bit of everything and is cost effective, all in one box, but there is a lack of quality.

On the bluetooth we have found the volume differs from phone to phone also.
radio reception and music quality is not fantastic.

but at a fraction of the cost of what it would cost for a complete after market soloution and the amount of space it would take definately worth considering.

boggydee
12-12-2011, 01:33 AM
sorry guys for re-opening this thread... but doe anyone know where I can get wat toy got... with the gps, sdcards, bluetooth and remote? I cant find it anywhere on ebay... =/

boooggy
12-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Hi, there is no fan on the rear panel. It is only the opening (the hole) is present. I make a picture and post it here later.

does it fit ok in the dash?
what is the audio power?
thank you

nicodu78
12-12-2011, 05:42 AM

http://s7.directupload.net/images/111209/temp/i4dlc8st.jpg (http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2733/i4dlc8st_jpg.htm)

Can you tell us more about GPS ? Where do you put the antenna ? Where is the sd card ?

Can you tell us more about USB ? Where is the connector ?

Where do you buy your product ?

Thanks.

greyger
12-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks a lot.

It looks beautifull :w00t:

No news for RDS fonctionnality ?

Hi, am really excited by the radio.:thumbsup: I have found thanks to the seller the hide menu and open.:thumbup: There, I enabled RDS. Now all is well. I can now see TV via DVB-T (up to 160 km / h). I would buy the radio again. Only the customs fees in Germany were high.

greyger
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
does it fit ok in the dash?
what is the audio power?
thank you

It fits very well. There are no gaps exist. It includes all along very well. Audio is also better than the first models such as of Timlesslong.cn

BennyLava
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Anyone know if you can use an aftermarket bluetooth in the aux slot of this unit? Somehow?

grelise
12-16-2011, 08:27 PM
This the one I recently got for the car off ebay,
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm329/grelise1/The%20other%20ride/SDC12672.jpg
http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm329/grelise1/The%20other%20ride/SDC12674.jpg
So far, quite happy with it, missus loves it.
Also, does anyone elses after a couple of seconds, on start up or turn on, give a little chirp before it continues as normal?
It's something I noticed first, but doesn't annoy me, just curious.

Spidermandud
01-27-2012, 01:25 AM
My unit's been doing great for months now, and then spontaneously it resets itself after a trip to Nashville from the 'boro. That didn't bother me any; i even learned some new stuff about the unit's gps as i getting all the options reset. . . . . However. The voice option is no longer the UK Thomas; but the Alima . . . spanish? . . . voice. Whenever I attempt to move up the menu to change it; an error pops up on the screen, and won't allow me to progress. When I click okay, it resets the GPS as well.

. . . Wondering if anyone else has had this issue to solve.

Edit:

I put the SD card up on my computer; deleted all the non english voices. I don't plan on needing my gps to speak dutch to me anywho. Put it back in; works great again. I'm taking a shot in the dark and saying one of the voice files was corrupted and when it tried to load it as I moved through the voices it would pop the error.

Spidermandud
01-30-2012, 06:13 PM
By any chance does anyone know how to change the buttons on the home screen? Their color or style or anything? Not the LED's, just the buttons, aux input, tv, dvd, etc.

Thanks in advance

nicodu78
02-22-2012, 05:10 AM

Can you tell us more about GPS ? Where do you put the antenna ? Where is the sd card ?

Can you tell us more about USB ? Where is the connector ?

Where do you buy your product ?

Thanks.

Spidermandud
03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
I don't know specifically about that model; but the antenna on the first one in this thread the "Toy Toronto Especial" the gps is strong enough that you can leave it hanging behind the unit and it still picks up; but the common thing seems to be to route it to your glove box, or to your dash. It looks to me like on that unit they have the slots for the gps card and sd card covered by markers on the left and right of the unit. The USB connector should be in the back, and you would route it (likely) to the glove box or wherever you wanted. This one is the ebay model I think; just go to ebay and search "yaris gps"

Speedz
03-25-2012, 05:14 AM
Any one there tried this headunit before? (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Builtin-GPS-Map-3D-PIP-7-Car-DVD-VCD-Player-HD-Touch-Screen-AutoMedia-Headunit-/260966251812?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item3cc2ccfd24#ht_12081wt_1396)

Just wondering if they are worth it and since its less than $300 bucks, wondering if the audio is better than stock...?

Spidermandud
04-28-2012, 02:01 AM
Any one there tried this headunit before? (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Builtin-GPS-Map-3D-PIP-7-Car-DVD-VCD-Player-HD-Touch-Screen-AutoMedia-Headunit-/260966251812?pt=AU_Electronics_GPS&hash=item3cc2ccfd24#ht_12081wt_1396)

Just wondering if they are worth it and since its less than $300 bucks, wondering if the audio is better than stock...?

Looks like most the ones in this thread. Assuming it has the Toyota wiring hookup doo-dads it should be a bit better than the stock stereo. The one I installed which is the same as Toy Toronto's ended up being much louder, though I think the best way to get your sound quality better is through sound deadening and better speakers.

BennyLava
05-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Alright guys, time for a final review of this unit. Short, simple, and done by me.

Its a wonderful unit for the price. You won't find better for the price. Everything works very very well save for just a few small inconveniences.

I can get over the volume of the bluetooth not being tied to the volume of the radio. In fact I've been able to tone it down so at least the radio isn't ear splitting when you hang up the phone on a bluetooth call. The sound quality of the voice calls on both ends could certainly use improvement as well. On both ends it sounds like you're on speakerphone, cause basically you are. But, there are some units out there that work to cancel this effect and clean up the sound quality when using bluetooth. This unit isn't one of them.

The sun is also a big problem for this unit. Yeah that's right, the sun. When you are driving around in daylight and the sun is on the screen, you may as well not have this unit. Hope you like whatever the unit is currently doing at that time lol. Cause you're not going to be able to see what's on the screen due to the horrendous glare.

There is a word for this in the screen world, I forget what it was exactly. But MOST companies in the automotive screen industry work to eliminate this effect. These people just completely forgot it existed. So to wrap things up:

Pros:

1. Excellent unit for the price. Does everything you'd want even a drastically more expensive unit to do.

2 . Can switch out various GPS programs until you find one that you like.

Cons.

1. Bluetooth sound quality. I'd give it a 4 out of 10. Maybe a 5 at best.

2. Screen becomes unusable in direct sunlight. A huge con for any screen of any type in any automobile.

andrey8
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Alright guys, time for a final review of this unit. Short, simple, and done by me.

Its a wonderful unit for the price. You won't find better for the price. Everything works very very well save for just a few small inconveniences.

I can get over the volume of the bluetooth not being tied to the volume of the radio. In fact I've been able to tone it down so at least the radio isn't ear splitting when you hang up the phone on a bluetooth call. The sound quality of the voice calls on both ends could certainly use improvement as well. On both ends it sounds like you're on speakerphone, cause basically you are. But, there are some units out there that work to cancel this effect and clean up the sound quality when using bluetooth. This unit isn't one of them.

The sun is also a big problem for this unit. Yeah that's right, the sun. When you are driving around in daylight and the sun is on the screen, you may as well not have this unit. Hope you like whatever the unit is currently doing at that time lol. Cause you're not going to be able to see what's on the screen due to the horrendous glare.

There is a word for this in the screen world, I forget what it was exactly. But MOST companies in the automotive screen industry work to eliminate this effect. These people just completely forgot it existed. So to wrap things up:

Pros:

1. Excellent unit for the price. Does everything you'd want even a drastically more expensive unit to do.

Cons.

2. Screen becomes unusable in direct sunlight. A huge con for any screen of any type in any automobile.

hi,could you PM the link you bought again,i just read from first page,but cann't open the link.also is it a univeral one for yaris or toyota?i like this menu,but the link cann't open.

my friend bought from another shop,at present it works also nice,i am just considering buy which one?thanks.below is my friend bought.
http://www.autoadas.com/toyota-yaris-car-gps-navigation-system-with-tvradiobluetoothipod-p-296.html

caineroad
06-20-2012, 03:07 AM
Cheapest I found is $332.
http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-gps-navigation-player-with-high-definition-screen-and-bt-rds-pip-steering-wheel-control-for-toyota-series-p-565.html

Is the same one right?

nicodu78
06-20-2012, 12:03 PM
A picture of mine :

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1271/p1140470copier.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/p1140470copier.jpg/)

toy_toronto
06-20-2012, 12:23 PM

Pros:

Cons.

Agree on all of the above..

Mine unit is going to be exactly 2yrs. in July, still going strong without any issues and still pretty happy for what you get for the price.

Really enjoy the DVD/Divx for movies while I wait around for people or during trips where passengers love it. GPS for those adhoc trips or hard to find places, sometimes I even just leave the map running to see every shortcuts available to me when main roads are congested and still have the radio/mp3 running in the PIP window, etc.

It’s not perfect but it does everything I need it to do.

Cheapest I found is $332.

Is the same one right?

Yes it is.

caineroad
06-20-2012, 11:59 PM
I am seeing many people mounting the GPS antenna where it can be seen, where else can we mount it so it is not so obvious? Can it be mounted under the roof headliner?

caineroad
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
So i bought the HU, it looks awesome, everything works no complaints.

It does take some time to get used to the interface, it is not the most userfriendly but is fine. It charges my iphone and play music via the ipod cable. I mounted the GPS atenna inside the driver side pillar, no problems picking up signal.

Mmusic are good(better than stock), video are good, bluetooth is fine, it wont pull up phonebook from iphone. it supports USB so i can put songs and videos in it.

my backlight is green red orange

great product. Worth the money IMO.

caineroad
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Just found out when I play movies via USB, often the videos (720p) lags and causes the video to freeze i had to unplug the usb to reset the system, not sure if it is USB related or hardware issues. Sometimes when I fast forward regular movies, after i click play they will freeze on me too. i'll try to buy a faster USB see if that helps

PatrickJohnson
07-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Has anyone else tried the one-piece ones yet? They have it in black now. I know there were prior issues with fitment, but it's been a long time since someone posted about them. Thinking of taking the plunge:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-HD-DIGITAL-GPS-BLUETOOTH-IPOD-MP4-CAR-MONITOR-DVD-PLAYER-TOYOTA-YARIS-D-1174-/110841135928?pt=US_Car_Monitors_w_o_Player&hash=item19cea58338#ht_4822wt_1187

andrey8
07-18-2012, 06:07 AM
:iono:http://www.autoadas.com/toyota-yaris-oem-radio-gps-system-with-tvradiobluetoothipod-p-374.html

this one black,299$.:iono:

caineroad
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Just found out when I play movies via USB, often the videos (720p) lags and causes the video to freeze i had to unplug the usb to reset the system, not sure if it is USB related or hardware issues. Sometimes when I fast forward regular movies, after i click play they will freeze on me too. i'll try to buy a faster USB see if that helps

i bought a class 10 microsd 8GB for video streaming, no problems at all!

Jholi
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
I NEED SOME HELP!!!.... I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-2DIN-TV-IPOOD-BLUETOOTH-RDS-CAMERA-PANEL-MAP-/251111241428?hash=item3a776576d4&item=251111241428&pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr

DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL WORK OR FIT PERFECT IN MY CAR??
I HAVE YARIS SE 07

PLEASE HELP MEEE

WeeYari
07-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I NEED SOME HELP!!!.... I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-2DIN-TV-IPOOD-BLUETOOTH-RDS-CAMERA-PANEL-MAP-/251111241428?hash=item3a776576d4&item=251111241428&pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr

DO YOU GUYS THINK IT WILL WORK OR FIT PERFECT IN MY CAR??
I HAVE YARIS SE 07

PLEASE HELP MEEE

Perfect fit, no.

You will need a Metra or Scoche trim kit to eliminate side gaps. Also, the tilt-out feature of the face may be impeded by the 'bump' we have on the bottom of the HU facia.

caineroad
08-03-2012, 03:07 AM
damn i love this HU, i use the GPS every day!! cant believe i actually use it so much, and the DVD during traffic jams and waiting, perfect!

darryl68
09-03-2012, 10:20 AM
This Hu looks the goods all right. I've got an '06 Yaris YRX and looking for a HU right now. Someone tried to sell me an Axis DVD blah blah but I did some research and apart from the fact it's only single din there is issues with performance and reliability.
Has anyone fitted this one ? http://www.dynavin.com/products/product_dnv_6201.php

Cheers
Darryl.

WeeYari
09-03-2012, 10:47 AM
^ I don't know how that one would mount. There are no visible holes in the side of its chassis to receive bolts for our mounting brackets.

not_sponsored
09-17-2012, 05:48 PM

How do those side bezels work? This looks nice, but my car does not have those holes on the side... is that a different version?

Mine looks more like this:

http://www.jbcarpages.com/toyota/yaris/2008/pictures/images/2008_toyota_yaris_picture%20(33).jpg

grelise
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
How do those side bezels work? This looks nice, but my car does not have those holes on the side... is that a different version?

Mine looks more like this:

http://www.jbcarpages.com/toyota/yaris/2008/pictures/images/2008_toyota_yaris_picture%20(33).jpg

Sedan and Hatch have different facias.
I believe they can be retrofitted into the hatches

Jholi
09-20-2012, 01:28 PM
I HAVE MY YARIS SE 07 I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE REARVIEW CAMERA I BOUGHT THIS DVD PLAYER,IPOD,ETC http://www.ebay.com/itm/EP-7-Car-DVD-GPS-Navigation-2DIN-TV-IPOOD-BLUETOOTH-RDS-CAMERA-PANEL-MAP-/251111241428?hash=item3a776576d4&item=251111241428&pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr AND I WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL THE REARVIEW CAMERA.. PLEASE I NEED SOME HELP:frown::frown::help::help::help::help::help:

rublo2010
12-08-2012, 12:38 AM
Ruben Mendez

I have an Double Din Touch Screen Radio. The seller (http://www.vvme.com/) told me that the Operating System is: Wince 776. When I asked how to Install New Applications such as "Graphic EQ" he told me that "The Operating System of this radio is philip NXP-TEF 6624." The Head Unit has no brand. The Specification are: 6.2" Car DVD Player Stereo Double 2 Din Radio IPOD RDS MP3/4 USB/SD Touch M02...The Model CAD/2DI/6.2IN/M02. How to get Access to the OS and how to INSTALL NEW Apps? Thank you

Kar98
01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Ok, so I picked up one of the TomTom Eclipse units that were a factory option in Euro models, ordered the Metra kit to hid the gaps on the side, now I'm browsing through endless pages and pages of wiring harnesses. Rather than cutting off the plugs on the car side to splice wires to the head unit, I'd like to splice the wire the head unit and just plug it into the car. There's 18 cables coming from the head unit. Speakers, power, ground, permanent power, speed (suspecting this is only for increasing the volume for when the car gets loud at speed, probably not used for navigation/dead reckoning), head lights, dimmer, and sub (not needed at this point).

I'd like to wire the harness adapter to the head unit, and just plug it into the car. Which harness adapter do I pick?

(First time for me to install a complex unit like this into a car that's relatively new and nice looking, hence the stupid questions ;) )

PS: it's the Metra 70-1761 aka Scosche TA02B.

Yellow – 12V Constant
Red – 12V Accessory
Black - Ground
Blue - Power Antenna
Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
White – Left Front Speaker (+)
White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)

MyzticZ3r0
01-19-2013, 07:41 AM
The metra harness will connect to the adapter for the OEM radio. The other end of the metra harness will connect to the adapter for your new radio. You just have to crimp the wires from your new radio to the metra harness adapter - you will not need to cut/crimp anything from your OEM radio. The wires you listed below are color coated to match your new HU (most likely the same colors). Make sure you have a wire cutter, crimp tool, and

Ok, so I picked up one of the TomTom Eclipse units that were a factory option in Euro models, ordered the Metra kit to hid the gaps on the side, now I'm browsing through endless pages and pages of wiring harnesses. Rather than cutting off the plugs on the car side to splice wires to the head unit, I'd like to splice the wire the head unit and just plug it into the car. There's 18 cables coming from the head unit. Speakers, power, ground, permanent power, speed (suspecting this is only for increasing the volume for when the car gets loud at speed, probably not used for navigation/dead reckoning), head lights, dimmer, and sub (not needed at this point).

I'd like to wire the harness adapter to the head unit, and just plug it into the car. Which harness adapter do I pick?

(First time for me to install a complex unit like this into a car that's relatively new and nice looking, hence the stupid questions ;) )

PS: it's the Metra 70-1761 aka Scosche TA02B.

Yellow – 12V Constant
Red – 12V Accessory
Black - Ground
Blue - Power Antenna
Orange – Dash Light Dimmer/Illumination
Green – Left Rear Speaker (+)
Green with Black Stripe Left Rear Speaker (-)
White – Left Front Speaker (+)
White with Black Stripe – Left Front Speaker (-)
Purple – Right Rear Speaker (+)
Purple with Black Stripe – Right Rear Speaker (-)
Gray – Right Front Speaker (+)
Gray with Black Stripe – Right Front Speaker (-)

Kar98
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah, I figured that out and was posting it as a PS to share. I hate it when people ask a question and then add on "never mind, I figured out the answer" without telling what the answer was ;)

Kar98
01-25-2013, 09:15 PM
And also, I said screw it, and ordered the iPod connector, too. So now I'll have to wait another week to install this thing.

MyzticZ3r0
01-26-2013, 02:15 PM
And also, I said screw it, and ordered the iPod connector, too. So now I'll have to wait another week to install this thing.

I was looking into getting one as well, but the ones I saw for my HU had poor reviews.

nlook1
03-18-2013, 02:26 AM
Is the original Head Unit discussed in this thread still available for purchase? If so, where? I'm having trouble finding it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

mf4361
03-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Is the original Head Unit discussed in this thread still available for purchase? If so, where? I'm having trouble finding it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

I"m not sure about the one discussed originally, but I've just installed another ebay stereo and it worked well so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-2-Toyota-Corolla-VIOS-CROWN-PRADO-RAV4-Car-DVD-GPS-Radio-Player-2-Din-Stereo-/171002080896?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item27d084ae80&vxp=mtr

BennyLava
05-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Has anyone upgraded from this unit? After all this time. This unit has been out for a few years now, so it seems like someone would have come up with a better unit that runs windows CE 8 or something by now. There are a few things I would like to see in an upgrade unit:

1. Better visibility in direct sunlight

2. Better overall bluetooth quality. Better sound pickup and mic quality, along with better overall output to the person on the other end who's listening.

3. A slightly faster unit. This one is quick, but I wouldn't call it fast. When you change screens and such. Not really much of a complaint here, but if we're talking upgrades, might as well go all out. So this would be hardware upgrades, like a faster CPU and more RAM.

4. Better volume controls might be helpful. There tends to be a disparity between radio volume and bluetooth volume.

5. Let the upgrade unit be running windows 7 CE or even Windows 8 CE. Upgraded operating system.

Anything else? Has anyone upgraded yet?

sydthebeat
05-13-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi Guys,

I own a 2009 Yaris Sedan Base. I was wondering where can I order online an in-dash Navigation System and a compatible backup camera? Also, would the dealer install the parts that I bought or I have to do it myself? Finally, how much would it cost me to buy every thing from the dealer and have the dealer do the installation? I live in Ontario Canada, a ballpark figure would do.

Thanks,

wufai
06-17-2014, 06:09 PM
I owned the 2007 Yaris Seden, upgraded my in-dash entertainment system with a Sony XB64 for $299 (no GPS, but a similar model can be had for $600?) $50 for parts and did the installation myself. The backup camera from ebay for $20 and compatible with the head unit.

So I'm guessing $700 total? would be cheaper if you can get the head unit on sale

the_boss
06-19-2014, 01:45 PM
I bought a radio Innovatek.. not the best quality in car radio but I have b/t gps, movie player rear view camera... cost was 110$ on a special, camera was 18$ and I bought 2 headrest with 11"screen in it for 100$ add. did the install myself ( and I am freaking far to be an expert!!) and it took me max 2hrs to hide every cables, install the deck, headrest and everything.

268i
08-24-2014, 06:06 AM
Hi there,

I've purchased a similar unit but have problems installing the unit. (I've installed a single din headunit into my yaris before).

The problem I have is that on the factory mounting brackets the came with the yaris there are "dimples" on the mount which were used to hold onto the factory unit.. However the Headunit I have purchased does not have those holes..,
So what's happened now is when I screw the bracket on, those "dimples" are causing the bracket to not sit flush and instead stick out a bit and now I am unable to install this headunit.. Can anyone help?

BennyLava
08-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Well the bluetooth died on this unit. The unit that the thread is talking about that everyone bought. Anyone else have this problem?

It has ceased to function entirely. And of course, no indication on the screen of what may have gone wrong. Tried several different phones, so its not the phone.

WeeYari
09-06-2014, 03:34 PM
See pictures below:
The system that l'm looking for
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/6ID6dlHq68PygtozR3ZMci8XsA9nETyIB6n2mSb3D5_KVGG5dC TmDUfO-CNE8MEN5bYZ1x1F_qI=w1570-h632

My actual radio setup.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/fhuzvYRTRLH2VitXwZ4Bpr7xqcBIXyRe5UPfHwLbOhFHVzbiGP BFkF4zq1YxhwWZ7gLbSsQaHN8=w1570-h632

Other Yaris radio trim.
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/24ywkgjQmjjnocxGIxyF-jtjnm3KxhV7y0r7EwdAjr7Q5KTPWju1SPwFA6CXIohB4Ojwjub ulTc=w1570-h632

Do you thing it will fit in my Yaris?

Thank you in advance!

Images are in a secure https site. Not showing.

lemondrouge
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Hello All,

Sorry for my previous post where the picture were not public :-(

I'm looking to change the factory radio of my 2011 Yaris Hatchback 4 doors (Canadian model) for a new navigation radio system. l'm worry if it will fit whit my current radio trim. See images below.

The new navigation system that I'm looking for:
http://i.imgur.com/CusZMEP.jpg

My actual radio see trim detail:
http://i.imgur.com/FCKEG02.jpg

Other Yaris radio model (sedan or newer?) trim where radio side button goes under the trim.
http://i.imgur.com/kxPztcx.jpg

What do you thing?
Thank you in advance!

wsladaritz
09-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Judging from the pics I would say that model is not going to fit in a hatchback yaris.

Astroman
09-11-2014, 08:08 PM
I disagree. Looks like it may fit fine as it replaces not just the stereo but also replaces some of the plastic surrounding. The other yaris is a European version and I'm sure if needed you can order the trim and it snaps in.

Shinare
09-29-2014, 03:52 PM
I want this eBay Android Unit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Camera-CAPACTIVE-3G-WIF-Android-4-1-2Din-GPS-Car-DVD-Player-Stereo-Radio-Ho/121415504200?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3Dadf0a1e2fba04a92b6a4 16778b73987b%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D20131231084308 %26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D301197129174) but wondered if anyone had any experience with these kinds of things? Was going to go the Nexus 7 route again but figured if these are already all set up and better... and I would really like a back up camera.

Kar98
09-29-2014, 07:12 PM
I disagree. Looks like it may fit fine as it replaces not just the stereo but also replaces some of the plastic surrounding. The other yaris is a European version and I'm sure if needed you can order the trim and it snaps in.

I disagree with your disagreement.

See CTScott's comparison pic:

http://i.imgur.com/Z2QC6CX.jpg

Above, regular double DIN sized radio and surround bezel, below, the kinda double DIN sized looking factory radio.

I still haven't figured out in which market the silver "integrated" head unit was sold. Has to be Europe, because manual with tach, and electronic A/C controls.

Shinare
09-30-2014, 09:44 AM
I want this eBay Android Unit (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Camera-CAPACTIVE-3G-WIF-Android-4-1-2Din-GPS-Car-DVD-Player-Stereo-Radio-Ho/121415504200?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3Dadf0a1e2fba04a92b6a4 16778b73987b%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D20131231084308 %26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D301197129174) but wondered if anyone had any experience with these kinds of things? Was going to go the Nexus 7 route again but figured if these are already all set up and better... and I would really like a back up camera.

Or this one (http://www.dhgate.com/product/pure-android-6-2-quot-double-din-3g-wifi/196699408.html/?utm_source=pla&utm_medium=GMC&utm_campaign=dostyle&utm_term=196699408&f=bm|196699408|112003-AutoElectronics|GMC|Adwords|pla|dostyle|US|1120030 07-DVDPlayer|c||0HRF|&gclid=CJCdzOKFicECFXAV7AodRAEAqQ) seems cheaper.

Shinare
09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Think Im just going to do the Nexus 7 install again, heh.

BennyLava
12-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Has anyone else had the bluetooth die? And what did you do?

Just get a new, separate bluetooth system?

ercdvs
04-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Going to revive this... because i think i want one of the updated units.

is everyone still happy ?

NJP440
04-09-2016, 11:26 AM
I had mine for less than a year. The Bluetooth stops working once radio warms up and gets fuzzy like there's no signal until you restart the unit. Finally a few weeks ago the whole unit just died it will go to DVD mode randomly whenever it wants then fail because there's no disc inside and this will repeat over and over. I'd never recommend anyone to purchase this radio and for the price you can get way better.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ercdvs
04-17-2016, 12:11 AM
I ended up installing a joying 7" LCD unit this weekend, so, we will see how that works out

ercdvs
04-17-2016, 07:11 PM
...aaannnnd it's going to go back. Equalizer doesn't work, radio reception is poor on some stations. I also cant get around 18 presets, no more, no less. Also the screen protector is leaking off and bubling, and I can't remove it because it's under the bezel.

Oh and it's 103mm vs 100 so I can't quuiiiite get it to fit under trim

09Max
06-29-2016, 01:21 AM
Hi,

I am looking to install this in my 2009 4 door yaris:

JOYING 7" Latest Android 5.1 Lollipop Double 2 Din Car Stereo Quad Core 1024*600 Head Unit Bluetooth Touch Screen GPS AM/FM Radio Receiver Support Steering Wheel/Backup Camera/4g/WiFi/1080p

Anyone else tried this unit ? Any issues ?
Thanks !
Gary

ercdvs
06-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Yes. It sucks. I had a very similar model an it was a bitch to upgrade / use and the screen was pealing.

Sent it back

ercdvs
06-30-2016, 06:35 PM
To expand on this:

Navigation sucked, the included app would always lock up, and I never got a reliable usage of google maps, and I would just use my phone in any case.

After a firmware update to fix an issue I had with Bluetooth, the dimmer function no longer worked with my headlights, and in fact was removed from settings entirely.

The antenna connector,as well as the microphone interface, was very poor. And I got crap quality. The radio tuner app was poorly designed. I think you are also unable to just get another one because it's baked in

The internet is rife with similar reviews and even fixes involving cutting traces and adding solder I am convinced all glowing reviews are fake or special units getting the best qc

Honestly avoid it. Same goes with all of them, joyig, pumpkin, etc.

BennyLava
08-19-2016, 04:44 AM
Well I can say that I didn't have most of the problems that you later guys are complaining of. But the bluetooth function on mine is completely dead.

We all already knew this really isn't the highest quality unit out there, although don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it. But when you've got $800 and $1200 units available from reputable brand names such as pioneer and a couple others, I can't say that I'm real surprised to see that the quality control on these units wasn't up to par.

Can anyone recommend one of these types of units that's really high quality? One where you can actually scroll fast through an audiobook or radio show that you've put on a USB flash drive, and inserted into the USB port to listen to on the radio in the car. And it would be really nice to be able to delete stuff off of the flash drive, from the screen. Also that has a good GPS program and bluetooth that actually freakin' works.

Anyone know of a unit like that?

Kar98
08-19-2016, 12:07 PM
Can anyone recommend one of these types of units that's really high quality? One where you can actually scroll fast through an audiobook or radio show that you've put on a USB flash drive, and inserted into the USB port to listen to on the radio in the car. And it would be really nice to be able to delete stuff off of the flash drive, from the screen. Also that has a good GPS program and bluetooth that actually freakin' works.

Anyone know of a unit like that?

No deleting stuff off your USB drive via screen, but these have come down in price a lot:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l2632.R2.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=pioneer+avh-x2700bs&_sacat=3270

BennyLava
10-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Well its time to do an update on my unit, the main unit that this thread is about. And the one that the OP installed.

After 4 years, its done. The radio stations are starting to have static, and the bluetooth died about 2.5 years in. So while it was awesome at the time, its time for it to go. I'll be replacing it with the top of the line, $1,000 pioneer. Should be a hell of an upgrade, since the unit in this thread was a somewhat inexpensive chinese unit.

So my final analysis... Eh, you get what you pay for, and this radio was a roll of the dice. I wanted something that would last me 10 years, but got something that lasted 4. Based on the price, there are likely much better units out there. I'd probably avoid it.

dazz
11-29-2016, 04:58 AM
Hi
My daughter has just brought a Japanese 2007 Vitz. The radio doesn't work well in my country.
There is no way she can afford a $1000 brand name head so I am looking at an Aliexpress Android. I brought one for my VW Polo and it works fine.

I see a number of heads which also include buttons on the facia surrounding the radio. Has anyone tried an Android 5.1 version of these? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-Core-optional-Android-4-4-4-Fit-TOYOTA-YARIS-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010 (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quad-Core-optional-Android-4-4-4-Fit-TOYOTA-YARIS-2005-2006-2007-2008-2009-2010/32353281889.html?spm=2114.10010108.0.0.q90sW1&scm=1007.12873.48297.0&pvid=df1f3d88-b94b-415b-aacf-4c4f2fe700bb&tpp=1)