PDA

View Full Version : HID

07yaris_fe
05-21-2006, 05:01 PM
anyone install HID kit to 2007 Yaris???
I'm having problem with the HID kit that i have.
I got a H4 HID kit it work but my DRL have problem
anyone can tell me how to disable the DRL?
Once I release handbrake, the light keep flashing........
so how i'm driving with my HID on all the time =(

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

punch
05-21-2006, 06:40 PM
please tell me that huge pic, isn't your sig....

and sorry i have no idea what could be wrong with your HID

silverRS
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
not sure dude Im not an HID expert, but seriously though why all that cash bro??? just pop in some $100 PIAA's and it looks killer trust me, I replaced my lamps and fog's. do it......do it

SophieSleeps
05-21-2006, 10:55 PM
not sure dude Im not an HID expert, but seriously though why all that cash bro??? just pop in some $100 PIAA's and it looks killer trust me, I replaced my lamps and fog's. do it......do it

You obviously don't know much about HID's.

$100 PIAA's output the same or less light as the factory bulb.

HID's output about 3x more visible light and use less energy.
Most aftermarket bulbs actually significantly decrease your visible light...but it makes your light look cooler.

Link to the H4 HID you have?

Wiring should be pretty straight forward.
Get rid of long lengths of slack in the wiring because it affects the firing of the ballast.

Chickon
05-22-2006, 12:27 AM
in order to get help from any of us.

First you have to tell us what EXCATLY the problem that you have ?

and yes, most aftermarket blub give you less light. but some, will get a little more than factory.

and for HID, it does use less energy but it draws alot of current during the first few minutes. just make sure that the wire can handle it.

Ron
05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
try disabling your day time running lights

silverRS
05-22-2006, 07:58 PM
ok sophie I know exactly what HID lights are, so try not to sound so cool next time you want to say something. All Im trying to say is installing nice PIAA bulbs will absolutely increase visibility since I have them in already, instead of installing a three times the price HID kit. I like the kits no doubt (www.buyhidkit.com) just suggesting other methods so chillax.

Ron
05-23-2006, 03:02 AM
i've had really good success with piaa bulbs in the past also. but they are pricey for what they are. definite improvement from stock, but $100+cdn is a lot to spend on a couple of bulbs.

tca4
05-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Does anyone know if the Fog lights are H11 or not

SmellyTofu
05-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Does anyone know if the Fog lights are H11 or not

Ur owner's manual has that info. Have a read. It's there for a reason. :)

Blue output lights of any nature decrease output, increase glare, even worse in rain, fog, and snow, and your eyes (and other road user's eyes) are less sensitive to the blue spectrum. Adding a colour filter does not make it "cool" but that last point is subjective. The rest is factual.

silverRS
05-23-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah I agree HID lights do piss me off, but If you install 5000's or under they aren't that bad

SmellyTofu
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
"they aren't that bad" = worse than stock

silverRS
05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
worse than stock?? no 5000's (HID's) and lower are brighter than 6000's and above (less blue and purple) and are way brighter than stock. Just go look at the site I posted.

SmellyTofu
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Light is measured in Lumens... not °K. Colour temp does not play a role in output. Any tinting of halogen will reduce light output over the clear bulb equivalent.

Colour temperature however creates a sense of brightness without the bright bit. It's the glare the fools the brain to thinking it's bright. This rule applies to any sort of lights.

Mind you retrofitting HID to a car is illegal so get ready for a fix-it ticket. :)

TC-LIFTBACK
05-24-2006, 04:06 PM
You are going to want to get some custom projectors or find some projectors which will work for the Yaris before you throw in a HID bulbs/ballast set.

degrees K determines the color temperature. 5500 is natural white light (like the sun), the greater the number, the more blue to purple it gets, the less the number the more yellow it gets. It appears brightest when it's around the 5500K range.

Lumens is the light strenght output. HID's give off more Lumens than the halogen bulbs (they are more efficient in terms of Lumens/watt usage) but you don't want it to glare, so people are going to have to figure out a projector solution for this car, if that's your thing. It's pricey, and because of that, not worth it. Rather spend money on modding other parts of the car or buy a new furance for the house.

Maxima.org has lots of information on HID's.

SophieSleeps
05-24-2006, 07:10 PM
All Im trying to say is installing nice PIAA bulbs will absolutely increase visibility since I have them in already,

That's because you're stupid.

Any coating on glass is a filter. You filter anything, and you will get less visible light emitting out and more heat generated on the surface.

Your PIAA is a filtered bulb.

Put a blue sunshade over your window. You get less light but it's now blue. It's the same thing that's happening to your bulb.

The site you gave www.buyhidbulbs.com lists autovizion as the manufacturer of the bulbs and ballasts.
Good luck using them.

SophieSleeps
05-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Light is measured in Lumens... not °K. Colour temp does not play a role in output. Any tinting of halogen will reduce light output over the clear bulb equivalent.

Colour temperature however creates a sense of brightness without the bright bit. It's the glare the fools the brain to thinking it's bright. This rule applies to any sort of lights.

Mind you retrofitting HID to a car is illegal so get ready for a fix-it ticket. :)

True, but K temp does affect visible light output.

Sounds like you know your stuff about lighting and are past the ricing that these other people are just getting into.

Changes in color temp move the range of light output so that the majority of light falls in a different wavelength of light.

They may output the same in Lumens, but if the human eye can't perceive the light, it's useless.

4k bulbs outputting 3k lumens and a 8k bulb outputting 3k lumens will be very different in terms of visible light.

Regardless.
4300-5000k is generally accepted as the best for the most usable light.

silverRS
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Ok Sophie I don't know what's up your @$$ exactly but do you honestly think I don't know this???? I'm just getting into 'ricing' lol.... I’m not sure why I'm even responding to your blabbery, but you'll have to remove that object from your rear one of these days I'm afraid lol.......but please feel free to give all the information you want that I 'have no idea about'.....yes please.....a publishing perhaps would be great I'll buy one.

SophieSleeps
05-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Ok Sophie I don't know what's up your @$$ exactly but do you honestly think I don't know this???? I'm just getting into 'ricing' lol.... I’m not sure why I'm even responding to your blabbery, but you'll have to remove that object from your rear one of these days I'm afraid lol.......but please feel free to give all the information you want that I 'have no idea about'.....yes please.....a publishing perhaps would be great I'll buy one.

It's just an online forum man. It's like I called your baby retarded and kicked him down the stairs.

Telling someone to buy 100 dollar bulbs that will decrease your visible light is pretty stupid. If you really knew anything about lighting, you wouldn't spend 200 bucks on filtered headlights and foglight bulbs, nor would you recommend it to other people.

VitzBoy
05-25-2006, 11:30 AM
That's because you're stupid.

No need to resort to personal insults and putting down another member. It will not be tolerated on the forum.

All of us started learning about cars somewhere/sometime and none of us were born with the knowledge, so if you feel you have something constructive to say, please say it in a mature manner. Thanks.

silverRS
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
couldn't agree with you more and I apologize if I have jeopardized my membership writes, yet it is frustrating when ignorant people get in the way of this knowledge and opinion sharing. I was simply suggesting a pair of PIAA lights to a member who's HID light system was not co-operating. I said this because 'most' people who purchase aftermarket HID systems are looking for that bright blue/purple tinge, which PIAA's will almost do. Anyways someone has to be the bigger man/woman and I'll put this to sleep for good. lol

pennystocks
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
So wats a PIAA, and i really hope your 100$ bulbs converts into $20US for the cheap eurodezinez ones on ebay that blow every 6 weeks, that i just bought btw :)

Also the "fake" HID's as replacements for the real HID convert is not a good one. But for $200 vs $20, i'd just go w/ the fake HID's for the $$$.

Also, after all the bitching, you notice he never replied? lol

SophieSleeps
05-25-2006, 06:28 PM
So wats a PIAA, and i really hope your 100$ bulbs converts into $20US for the cheap eurodezinez ones on ebay that blow every 6 weeks, that i just bought btw :)

Also the "fake" HID's as replacements for the real HID convert is not a good one. But for $200 vs $20, i'd just go w/ the fake HID's for the $$$.

Also, after all the bitching, you notice he never replied? lol

My apologies. Low blood sugar = grumpy.

Pennystocks, PIAA is a company that makes lighting. They are a big name brand and can be trusted.

They produced bulbs to compete with el-cheapo bulbs. They coated their bulbs with a light bluish filter so that their bulbs gave off a slight rice-blue look without reducing visible light horribly like others.

They are expensive however. In my opinion, a complete waste of money.

HID are a better option.

Check out www.hidplanet.com for actual info on the true capabilities of HID lighting.

silverRS
05-25-2006, 06:31 PM
so sophie do you think its possible to put a proper HID system ($500) in my 2007 Yaris?

SophieSleeps
05-25-2006, 08:30 PM
so sophie do you think its possible to put a proper HID system ($500) in my 2007 Yaris?

Yes. A pair of Denso ballasts can be had for under 200. Philips D2R or D2S bulbs can be had for about 80.

If you want to go all out, go for a D2S and a projector.
Otherwise, if you want to stick with reflector type lighting, go with a D2R so you don't give off glare to oncoming traffic.

Factory HID are pretty much always better than aftermarket designs, but it's still much better than bulbs.

The headlight on a yaris is pretty big and open. I say retrofit it.

Some projects I've done before.
When I get rid of my freakin land rover, and possibly get into a Yaris, it will be one of my first mods.

I told myself after driving HID, that I would never drive a car that didn't have them.
http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads2/13.jpg

http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads2/12.jpg

http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads2/7.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads/mini-DSCN8286.JPG

silverRS
05-26-2006, 01:13 PM
So I just need to buy the ballasts and the bulbs in a kit probably.....but you think I need to retrofit my stock lights (too big) you don't think they will look good anyways?? cause theres like nothing for the Yaris yet. Nice ride by the way.

SophieSleeps
05-26-2006, 04:53 PM
So I just need to buy the ballasts and the bulbs in a kit probably.....but you think I need to retrofit my stock lights (too big) you don't think they will look good anyways?? cause theres like nothing for the Yaris yet. Nice ride by the way.

Ballasts and bulbs. That's it.
No need to retro a projector unless you feel like putting some serious effort into it.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-27-2006, 02:06 PM
^^ i have a set of 06 sienna van HID ballasts and bulbs which im gonna install when my car arrives. working at a dealership has its rewards....:smile:

SophieSleeps
05-28-2006, 02:44 AM
^^ i have a set of 06 sienna van HID ballasts and bulbs which im gonna install when my car arrives. working at a dealership has its rewards....:smile:

Awesome-O.
I wish I had perks like that.

I say, if you're at a dealership, snag some projectors and do a full-on retrofit.

Going from reflector type to projector makes a world of a difference

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
^ projectors??? which car would i use as a donor?????

corey415
05-30-2006, 01:17 PM
You can buy projectors from other cars. Two main different types of projectors; single and bixenon.

I dont own a Yaris, but it seems that you will want a bixenon HID projector if you want to have a highbeam.

Good bixenons include the 04+ Acura TL projectors and the e46 Bosch projectors.

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
You can buy projectors from other cars. Two main different types of projectors; single and bixenon.

I dont own a Yaris, but it seems that you will want a bixenon HID projector if you want to have a highbeam.

Good bixenons include the 04+ Acura TL projectors and the e46 Bosch projectors. IM gonna use my stock housings but i was curious as to what sophie said.......

SophieSleeps
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
IM gonna use my stock housings but i was curious as to what sophie said.......

Yeah, I didn't realize the Yaris used a dual filament headlight bulb.

Listen to Corey.

So the stock bulb has 2 filaments. 1 for lowbeam and 1 for highbeam.
So if you replace this bulb with a standard HID bulb and projector, you will only get a lowbeam.

In order to get around this, you can retrofit a bi-xenon projector.
Essentially, it uses the same bulb but there is a motorized eyelid that comes up and allows light to be emitted as a highbeam when you hit the switch.

I am a fan of the acura projectors more than the BMW ones...but I guess that's more just personal preference.

There is more on this at www.hidplanet.com.
People there get really creative. Lots of great work done.

SophieSleeps
05-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Or you can just say f it and do a normal lowbeam projector :)

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
05-31-2006, 04:27 PM
^^ or i can just get another sienna setup for the highbeams....... i love working for toyota!

SophieSleeps
06-01-2006, 02:44 AM
^^ or i can just get another sienna setup for the highbeams....... i love working for toyota!
You'd probably have to either aim the second set high, or modify the shield inside the projector so that it did not block the light from going upwards.

07yaris_fe
06-17-2006, 02:10 PM
New Question.......... please help

eight_heads
06-17-2006, 04:12 PM
New Question.......... please help
and the question is?
anyway... being that our headlights have to built in reflector in front of the bulb, is a projector necessary?

Chris07LB
06-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Full write up coming soon...

For now, my H4 HIDs. :clap:

They are AMAZING at night!

Ryosuke
06-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I have h4 8000k HID's in my car. It lights like a stadium :wink:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2311000-2311999/2311143_11_full.jpg

eight_heads
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
what brand bulbs and ballast did you guys use? and do you guys have just low beams or are they bixenon? and any projectors?

kty75
06-18-2006, 02:05 AM
what with the daytime light ? still there ?

Ryosuke
06-18-2006, 09:40 PM
I have just low beams, and my ballast are Hella. No proyectors. I hope to mount another kit in the fog lights next month.:smile:

TRD_Yaris
06-18-2006, 11:54 PM
I have h4 8000k HID's in my car. It lights like a stadium :wink:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2311000-2311999/2311143_11_full.jpg

yeah, but how's your Horizon-tal Cutoff?? how consistent is the beam pattern, is it brighter in some spots that others, how about glare being casted off of the OEM yaris reflector and plastic headlight lense? can you see the beam clearly in the plastic lense or does it emit through without any visible light diminishment...
bright as a stadium only means you're BLINDING ONCOMING TRAFFIC!!

It's just an online forum man. It's like I called your baby retarded and kicked him down the stairs.

Telling someone to buy 100 dollar bulbs that will decrease your visible light is pretty stupid. If you really knew anything about lighting, you wouldn't spend 200 bucks on filtered headlights and foglight bulbs, nor would you recommend it to other people.

I agree, purchasing any bulb for the 'effect' is pretty lame. And, i think what SophieSleeps is saying about PIAA's is that they COULD be brighter IF they didn't coat the bulb with a blue film to PLEASE the ricers... if you removed that blue film you'd probably free up another 5-10% light...but PIAA makes what people wanna buy..ricer bulbs :P
The only right way to get the blue effect is an HID swap, but I SERIOUSLY don't recommend anything less than a complete swap with either a PROJECTOR setup from an OEM car (bixenons BMW, Infiniti Q45 "gatling gun" xenonsk,etc) OR a good "Casper Shield" or something to give you a good Horizontal Cutoff so that you're not blinding everyone else on the streets.

BTW, Sophie, that headlight setup on the Altezza is FARKING SWEET!!! you gotta show me how you mounted those led's for the turn signals!! Were you on Clublexus.com or Lexusownersclub.com??? I use to frequent them and used their help to modify the Q45 Xenons into my lexus GS (that already had xenons's ,haha). That IS300 looks familiar, very sweet setup..

for $35 i was able to purchase Sylvania Silverstar bulbs that not only give me much brighter, crisper, whiter light output (as opposed to OEM) and an even beam pattern, but also allow me to AVOID losing my warranty on the electric system. BTW, did you guys make sure to change out to the fuses or are you still running the same Fuse Setup from your stock headlight bulbs?? please tell me you've done your homework (Physics - Electrical to be specific) cuz if you don't you're likely to burn out your whole wiring system..try explaining that to your parents :P and Toyota's Warranty department

eight_heads
06-19-2006, 12:35 AM
i thought hids pulled less power and amperage than stock bulbs...?

JDMVitz
06-23-2006, 11:24 AM
So has anyone from Canada successfully installed HIDs? I read that running the HID with DRL during the day time could really affect the longevity of the bulbs and the ballast.

Chris07LB
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM

Correct, about 35w.

Supa Lao
06-23-2006, 05:28 PM
I started buying some parts for my HID retrofit. I got some e46 bi-xenon projectors coming. Now all I gotta do is find some bulb and ballast for cheap. I'm trying to get all the parts I need for the retrofit before I get the car. I hope the car comes in sometime this year :rolleyes:

Chris07LB
06-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Thats a great start Supa, you are sure to have one unique setup when its finished. Me, I took the easy way out, and tested a new kit for a buddy's company, and I am VERY happy with the results!

I have HIDs on everything, from our cars and trucks, right down to the quads! HIDs rock!!!! :headbang:

Here's a few more.........

Supa Lao
06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
That's not a bad beam pattern, Chris. There doesn't look like there's much glare above the cut off. Any more pics from farther away on a wall? Did you get a hi/low kit? Is that a 6000k kit?

Chris07LB
06-23-2006, 07:24 PM
That's not a bad beam pattern, Chris. There doesn't look like there's much glare above the cut off. Any more pics from farther away on a wall? Did you get a hi/low kit? Is that a 6000k kit?

I was actually very suprised at how good the cutoff was, for being a non-projector housing! I did adjust the lights down just a hair (half a turn counter clockwise), just because i "thought" they might be a little high.

I do a lot of commuting, hence the purchase of this car, and at night and early morning, it is just unreal how much of the road is lit up!

You need to keep in mind, our headlights are designed to focus the light off the deflector, towards the inner side of the headlight housing.. NOT from directly in the center. My Yaris shop manual describes this all with a picture, showing how its designed, and how it all works. Maybe thats why the cut off stays so good, compared to other non-HID headlight housing retro fits.

BTW - they are actually 6500k's I am testing, but they look more like 6000ks, with just a hint of purple at warmup.
My parking lights are also LED's, being tested for the same company. Brighter then ANYTHING else we have seen on the market!

Supa Lao
06-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Ah...I didn't know the the light reflects from sides.
Only reason why I'm retrofitting some projectors in there is because I'm already going to open up the headlights to paint them, so I figure why I'm in there might as well add some projectors for better lighting. I've never done it before so this is going to be my first time. I'll take lots of pics for a write up.

eight_heads
06-23-2006, 10:50 PM
yeah, i figured the fact that we have the bulb reflectors already in there would help us out with not needing projectors like most light setups... i'm just trying to decide whether or not go with hids or just get some sylvania silverstars..

Chris07LB
06-24-2006, 05:01 AM
yeah, i figured the fact that we have the bulb reflectors already in there would help us out with not needing projectors like most light setups... i'm just trying to decide whether or not go with hids or just get some sylvania silverstars..

All comes down to how much you want to spend. Either will be better then the stock lightning, but the Silverstars will never be as bright as the HIDs.

There are other alternatives to brighter lighting, besides Silverstars. Just please dont put blue tinted glass bulbs in there! Worse light output, and looks... well.... eh. :laugh:

Supa Lao
06-24-2006, 06:11 AM
Just please dont put blue tinted glass bulbs in there! Worse light output, and looks... well.... eh. :laugh:

hahaha...yea. Especially when it rains. You can't see anything with those

Supa Lao
06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
update...
I found some e46 ballast/ignitors and some bulbs. Looks like I'll have everything I need to do this retrofit minus finding some shrouds and making the relay harness.

heylookitsjames
06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Don't waste your time with Sylvania silverstars... If you want a good headlight with out converting to HID, you should consider the Osram silverstar. It's the sister company of Sylvania in the UK but the headlights are quite different from the American counterparts as they are TUV approved. They don't have the lame blue coloration and they are very bright. Way better than any 55w PIAA and way cheaper.

Chris07LB
06-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the tip James! :clap:

eight_heads
06-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Don't waste your time with Sylvania silverstars... If you want a good headlight with out converting to HID, you should consider the Osram silverstar. It's the sister company of Sylvania in the UK but the headlights are quite different from the American counterparts as they are TUV approved. They don't have the lame blue coloration and they are very bright. Way better than any 55w PIAA and way cheaper.
thanks...i'll look into that.. our headlights are H4 right? sylvannia list them on there site as 9003... so i was confused...

heylookitsjames
06-27-2006, 02:09 AM
9003, h4, hb2... all different names for the same thing.

xenoxaos
07-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Yes. A pair of Denso ballasts can be had for under 200. Philips D2R or D2S bulbs can be had for about 80.

If you want to go all out, go for a D2S and a projector.
Otherwise, if you want to stick with reflector type lighting, go with a D2R so you don't give off glare to oncoming traffic.

Factory HID are pretty much always better than aftermarket designs, but it's still much better than bulbs.

The headlight on a yaris is pretty big and open. I say retrofit it.

Some projects I've done before.
When I get rid of my freakin land rover, and possibly get into a Yaris, it will be one of my first mods.

I told myself after driving HID, that I would never drive a car that didn't have them.

http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads2/7.jpg
http://users.rcn.com/sscustom/heads/mini-DSCN8286.JPG

Where can I get/How can I mod my housings to have the LEDs like this. I was looking at seeing how mine would look with just replacing the bulbs with LEDs, but this looks so much better.

fnkngrv
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Can someone verify this link to an HID Kit on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon-HID-kit-Toyota-Camry-FJ-Cruiser-Yaris-2006-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ001QQite mZ110003335321QQrdZ1

They are selling it for 200

Chris07LB
07-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Can someone verify this link to an HID Kit on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon-HID-kit-Toyota-Camry-FJ-Cruiser-Yaris-2006-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ001QQite mZ110003335321QQrdZ1

They are selling it for 200

I believe that price would be for just a low beam H4 kit. H4 High/low kits are much more expensive then regular single kits, and if thats the case, and it is for a high/low at that price, id be careful!

TRD_Yaris
07-04-2006, 05:30 AM

look around the net, many people have found out the hard way with "plug and play" HID kits that never mentioned the difference in power draw..yes 55W down to 35W is the "attraction"..but think about the whole "I NEED A BALLAST to RUN HID's" issue...55W->35W doesn't explain everything..remember the triangle?

check honda-tech.com where HIDs are very popular on non-HID equipped cars :laugh: You will quickly find out about the MANY issues you will have..including EXTRA negative attention from the cops espcially if you're running 6000K+ bulbs (come on, people..4300K is near crystal clear!!).

but, to each his own..i agree that Silverstars will never be "QUITE" as bright as a good HID Xenon...but total light output is not everything, it's about getting that light to the roadsurface that's important and a simple "plug and play" xenon retrofit will not look like "OEM HID kits".

You can spend $300+ on a good HID kit, or $25 on a set of EXTREMELY high end bulbs by THE BIGGEST NAME in Electric bulbs...SYLVANIA.. again, to each his own. but, if i was gonna drop $300+ just on headlights i would still be driving my lexus :burnrubber: . Most of us are here because we've already learned that there IS a certain amount of "cost efficiency" that was necessary enough to buy a yaris :thumbup:
You might as well put on $2000 JDM wheels, limited slip differential, Turbo charger, Supercharger (yes, dumb@sses, you can put both on at same time :eyebulge:, check old Group B racing for details), NOS, Tein suspension on there..but then you're gonna be in Mitsubishi EVO IX and WRX STi price territory for a Yaris :barf:

TRD_Yaris
07-04-2006, 05:37 AM
ack..i've been CORRECTED..they did start making the Sylvanias with a blue film on it !! damn you, Sylvania!! you and your ricer ways!!
I'm looking at a set of the Osrams, or a set of those hi/low Xenons that Chris07LB is raving about. chris, you seem to know your stuff when it comes to electrical, did you have any issues with mounting the ballasts? what size fuse comes stock on the Yaris headlight?

heylookitsjames
07-05-2006, 03:32 AM
osram:

http://www.epimporters.com/images/fullsize/osram_silverstar_300.jpg

http://www.osram.com/products/automotive/upgrade/pics/silverstars.jpg

Sylvania:

http://images.solidcactus.com/autobarn/h3sthipehaca.jpg

http://pages.prodigy.net/jforgione/9003ST.jpg

I wouldn't state something that I wasn't sure about. TUV standards are much more strict than DOT standards... Meaning something that is manufactured to TUV standards is made with tighter tolerances and better quality materials than something that is DOT approved. Hence European headlight assemblies actually being glass while NA gets shitty plastic units.

TRD_Yaris
07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
I haven't seen that packaging on the Sylvanias...but that picture does disturb me :eyebulge: I'm gonna go buy a few stores this week and verify this. I bought a dual pack of 9006 and there is no blue film.maybe it's a difference between an H and 900_ series bulbs or just a recent change that i wasn't aware of. Sorry i jumped down your throat, now i'm just pissed at Sylvania for jumping on the trendy-blue-but-not-HID bandwagon. :mad:
I just found out that they are now selling "lexus" in Japan now...times do change...

i'm gonna have to remember to order those "Osram silverstars" next time i need a few sets. Do you know of a good place that sells 'em?

heylookitsjames
07-07-2006, 01:54 AM
There is a guy that sells them on ebay... I think he is in Texas actually, but I could be wrong. Or just ebay 'em straight from england...

casterqc
07-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Here is an interesting link on headlight bulbs.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html

The best headlight bulbs in his opinion:
-Osram Silver Star (not Silvania)
-Narva Rangepower+50
-Ge Night Hawk
-Philips VisionPlus
-Tungsram Megalight Premium

There is some good information on automotive lights (blue bulbs, extra white, hid, etc) on this website, it looks 99.9% credible in my opinion.

casterqc
07-10-2006, 12:50 PM
The Osram and Philips are avaible on http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ ...free shipping worldwide.

johnnyfive
07-11-2006, 01:37 AM
The Osram and Philips are avaible on http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/ ...free shipping worldwide.

just ordered a pair of Osram Silver Stars from there..told me 7-14 days for free shipping to the US, we will see how it goes :)

total price was about 25$

casterqc
07-11-2006, 09:33 AM
just ordered a pair of Osram Silver Stars from there..

I did the same yesterday:cool:

rstb88
07-16-2006, 06:08 PM
while your getting the bulbs go to suvlights.com and order new wiring for the bulbs. the wiring kits from this website allow more power directly to the bulbs. and they sell osram silverstar. also some hid stuff if i can find a pic off the tcca ill show you the diff between with the new wires and w/o

rstb88
07-16-2006, 06:20 PM
here a comparison, in the sun so it may be a little difficult.
from left to right(6000k hid, silvania silverstar, stock)
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/taurinus88/p1010001.jpg

casterqc
07-16-2006, 06:55 PM
while your getting the bulbs go to suvlights.com and order new wiring for the bulbs. the wiring kits from this website allow more power directly to the bulbs. and they sell osram silverstar. also some hid stuff if i can find a pic off the tcca ill show you the diff between with the new wires and w/o

Well, I'm sure you are right about the fact that new wiring would increase power...but I think people that buy halogen bulbs only want something better than factory at a low cost...so 103$ (wich is approx 130$ can with taxes here:thumbdown: ) is not an option for me...I'd rather go with HID at this price.

And suvlights.com does'nt sell Osram silverstar...they sell Osram-Sylvania Silverstar...the blueish american version of the clear european Osram Silverstar, but that has already been explained before on this tread.

casterqc
07-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Oh and thanks rstb88 for the picture that compares Hid, Sylvania and stock...even if it is not the same cars...we can clearly see that HID rules!:headbang:

Chris07LB
07-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh and thanks rstb88 for the picture that compares Hid, Sylvania and stock...even if it is not the same cars...we can clearly see that HID rules!:headbang:

Hold off, I have a Group Buy going on right now on HIDs.. soon Ill have one here, after I post my review. :smile:

rstb88
07-16-2006, 07:56 PM
just because silvania silverstar is on the front instead of the osrams doesn't mean they're not there.
http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=205
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/taurinus88/osram-sm.jpg

casterqc
07-16-2006, 08:38 PM
just because silvania silverstar is on the front instead of the osrams doesn't mean they're not there.
http://www.suvlights.com/product_info.php?products_id=205
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b43/taurinus88/osram-sm.jpg

ah AH! I didn't find them at first tho...hihi...my mistake:bow: :bow: :biggrin:

PixieDawn
07-17-2006, 04:07 PM

I just ordered my Osram set (size h4), btw i found a 10% offer code you can use at check out... (every little bit helps) just enter: ZXRCX111 :thumbup:

fnkngrv
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
I found this site....they list an HID 6000K kit for 379 and it is built for our the H4....

http://www.hid-sin.com/6000k.htm

Anyone have any input on this?

Chris07LB
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
I found this site....they list an HID 6000K kit for 379 and it is built for our the H4....

http://www.hid-sin.com/6000k.htm

Anyone have any input on this?

Mine are 6500k H4's and are normally $250 SHIPPED! Have a Group Buy right now for 6000k or 6500k for $230 shipped!

rstb88
07-18-2006, 12:57 AM
I'm not buy from hid-sin.com here what i read......"This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight." its on the 5000k page

WestSider
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm not buy from hid-sin.com here what i read......"This color is for customers who is looking for pure performance white improving the looks of their headlight." its on the 5000k page

lmao "I'm not buy from hid-sin.com here what i read". your grammer sucks. lol too funny and you're trying to point out their grammer when you need help yourself.

Chris07LB
07-19-2006, 08:30 PM
lmao "I'm not buy from hid-sin.com here what i read". your grammer sucks. lol too funny and you're trying to point out their grammer when you need help yourself.

:rolleyes: :laugh: :bellyroll:

casterqc
07-19-2006, 11:59 PM
I received and installed my H4 Osram Silverstar today...I'll try to post good pics soon.

Total cost: 28,65$can (tax in)...ordered from powerbulbs.co.uk..it took only 9 days to deliver...shipping was free! It would have cost me the same to buy some Sylvanias at a local store.

They even gave me a set of Philips Blue Vision W5W sidelight bulbs...don't need it but hey! it's a gift!

I give Powerbulbs 2 thumbs up:thumbsup:

So far I'm happy with the results...the light it produce is whiter than factory bulbs.

I should receive my silver turn signals next week...then I'll be done with the headlights:thumbup:

TRD_Yaris
07-20-2006, 02:21 AM

haha..if his "grammer" sux..then how about your spelling? :laugh:

GRAMMAR... man you guys are hilarious...

Have a Group Buy right now for 6000k or 6500k for $230 shipped!

what brand of Xenon/H4 bulbs does the kit have? how about ballasts?

eight_heads
07-20-2006, 05:39 PM
yeah, i'd like to know that as well and what are the acutal load numbers on the electrical system?

Chris07LB
07-20-2006, 06:39 PM
what brand of Xenon/H4 bulbs does the kit have? how about ballasts?

Well you quoted the wrong person, but Ill answer anyway. :smile:

I deal with a company out in Cali., that I have actually tested quite a bit of product for over the last 8 months. If you are looking for the cheapo $150 eBay HIDs that will look great, and 6 months from now burn up, your getting taken for your hard earned money.

My buddy has been back and forth to Japan just to check out the manufacturing of different HID and ballast companies, just to improve on what they can sell to their clients. Needless to say, there is ALOT of junk out there.

Now I cant speak on behalf of any real technical numbers or figures, but I can say first hand, the kits I have tested have been awesome!
It is all truly "plug n play." You would be surprised at all the hack jobs some kits require you to do. For those reading this, that know anything about HID and HID systems, you can relate. Surely, you know that not all companies even use the same gasses inside their HID bulbs, which makes a HUGE difference in what color a 6000k, 6500k, 8000k, etc., etc., really is. To make a general statement that all XXXXk bulbs are XXXX color, is dependent on the manufacturer.

The kit that is in my Yaris right now, is only a single H4 6500k Kit (Nuxen), not a high/low H4 kit.
Now, they market these as 6500k, but I have tested their 6000k and 6500k in my '06 Armada, and the only difference is a slightly "purplish" hint of color on startup. You can see from the pictures I will post below, they light up the road great, but it is your responsibility to AIM THEM CORRECTLY if needed!
I made a few 2 second adjustments, and the height is fine. Cutoff is still VERY good for a non-xenon equipped headlight housing.

I could go on, but who wants to listen to me babble all night..

Kits they are selling mainly now, are EagleEye brand, single H4 or high/low H4, plus all the other non-Yaris related fittments.
They retail for $400.00, but right now he's doing a GB for a LOT less!
They still have a few single H4 Nuxen kits like what I have in the Yaris, for even less.

I keep meaning to do post a review on my HIDs, and their new line of LED replacement lighting products... the LEDs are like nothing you have seen before! When "ON", they are almost as bright as my HIDs!

More later if needed..

eight_heads
07-20-2006, 07:43 PM
$230 shipped huh? how do we get them?

casterqc
07-20-2006, 10:30 PM
their new line of LED replacement lighting products... the LEDs are like nothing you have seen before! When "ON", they are almost as bright as my HIDs!

LED as bright as HIDs!:w00t: ...for turn signals? parking light? I want to know more about these!!

TRD_Yaris
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
I just ordered my Osram set (size h4), btw i found a 10% offer code you can use at check out... (every little bit helps) just enter: ZXRCX111 :thumbup:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COUPON CODE PIXIEDAWN!!! you just save me some $ . I owe you a :drinking:

has anyone tried the Power Plus bulbs they sell on Powerbulbs.com?? i was kinda tempted to buy a set and try them side-by-side with the osram silverstars..

PixieDawn
07-23-2006, 05:34 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COUPON CODE PIXIEDAWN!!! you just save me some $

NP :) I alway search for them when ordering anything online lol and I will always try to pass on the savings :clap:

TRD_Yaris
07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
NP :) I alway search for them when ordering anything online lol and I will always try to pass on the savings :clap:

Cool. We need to start a thread dedicated to cheapest prices on stuff. Bulbs, Wheels, Tires, electronics :thumbsup:
$22 for Osram Silverstars with FREE SHIPPING!!! :clap:

Duckywitbigfeetz
07-26-2006, 12:06 AM
im saving up to get a retro fit from these pros

Chris07LB
07-26-2006, 03:08 AM
im saving up to get a retro fit from these pros

Who? :iono: :confused:

sam07yaris
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I didn't realize the Yaris used a dual filament headlight bulb.

Listen to Corey.

So the stock bulb has 2 filaments. 1 for lowbeam and 1 for highbeam.
So if you replace this bulb with a standard HID bulb and projector, you will only get a lowbeam.

In order to get around this, you can retrofit a bi-xenon projector.
Essentially, it uses the same bulb but there is a motorized eyelid that comes up and allows light to be emitted as a highbeam when you hit the switch.

I am a fan of the acura projectors more than the BMW ones...but I guess that's more just personal preference.

There is more on this at www.hidplanet.com.
People there get really creative. Lots of great work done.

Hey look for username samlindsay, I did my last retrofit of HID on my civic before it died on me. I am saving up money for tl bixenon since I still have my tsx projectors (low beam xenon). I love the tsx for their clear lense and tons of color. I am contemplating to reuse the tsx projectors and fabricate a a seperate high beam. Anywho people watch out for my retrofit in the coming future!

Violin
11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Got mine today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photoSmall.jpg

Jfoofoo
11-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Got mine today:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photoSmall.jpg
Violin can you post a step by step installation process? I almost did buy it from Chris but backed up... now I am wondering again.. :tongue: The reason I backed out was because I was afraid of getting pulled over by the cops in my area.. but now I see soooooooooooo many cars with HID.. I am start to wondering if the cops actually have time or even care about pulling people over for after market HID

tonywenzel
11-01-2006, 08:39 PM
I seriously doubt most police are up to speed on which cars do and do not come with OEM HIDs. Also, which cars offer them as options.

OxyG3nE
11-01-2006, 08:59 PM
there is no way it can burn the wire?

ChinoCharles
11-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Police see HID's and assume that the car is expensive, the people in it have money, and they don't pull you over. HIDs are on a LOT of cars these days.

Yaris-TJ
11-06-2006, 11:25 AM
can some one post pics of ballast placements?

Did you guys have them drilled to the chasis? or

Are they tied with the straps to some of the wires?:iono: :iono:

Violin
11-06-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31976&postcount=17

Jfoofoo
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31976&postcount=17
Violin, Did you have to remove the front bumper to install the hi/low HID kit?
how long did it take for you to install?
I think you had the PIAA bulbs before? Is there a HUGE/BIG/Slight difference?

Thanks

Yaris-TJ
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks Violin! nice install!

Violin
11-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Mine aren't in yet - that's Chris's.

IsLNdbOi
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
There's supposedly a small area under each headlight on the Yaris just for the ballasts, but I'm not sure if it's on the sedan or liftback.

eco
11-07-2006, 02:03 AM
How many amps are the two fuses that are used for the HID's.

Yaris-TJ
11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
:iono: Got a dumb question:confused:

I got my HID, it has high halogen..KLIGHT..( I know it's chinesse..but I'll give it a shot..it's not the first, and won't be the last!:biggrin: )

the wires for the high are both yellow..I can't distinguish positive or Negative..

Do they have polarity or can I plug them indistinctively?

Yaris-TJ
11-10-2006, 07:34 PM
FYI..KLIGHT

Jfoofoo
11-11-2006, 10:57 AM
There's supposedly a small area under each headlight on the Yaris just for the ballasts, but I'm not sure if it's on the sedan or liftback.
Can anyone with LB confirm or deny this?

Violin
11-11-2006, 02:30 PM
On my liftback with cold weather package, the washer tank is so large, there is no space between the headlight and the tank - so no.

Violin
11-11-2006, 03:14 PM
OK - here we go. Here are some photos from my install of the EaglEye high/low kit.

First of all, the Yaris has a switching ground system - one the three terminals are always powered, even with the lights off and the high and low beams are controlled by switching on the ground at one of the other two terminals. This is not the more common switching positives system found on most cars. Fortunately this kit makes it easy to handle this. On their web page, this is referred to as the 'special type':
http://www.namyung.co.kr/english/hotproduct/hidh4.asp (http://www.namyung.co.kr/english/hotproduct/hidh4.asp)

You simply disconnect the blue and black wires and reverse them. There is a diode with a little arrow drawn on it. You pull it out and turn it 180 degrees.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/special.jpg

Disconnect the battery negative before you start.

It makes it a whole lot easier if you remove the five little black pop clips on the top of the bumper and the one in each wheel well to pop the top of the bumper out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/bumper.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo002Medium-5.jpg

Remove the three bolts on each headlight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo003Medium-1.jpg

It’s a good idea to mask each one so they don't get scratched.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo023Medium.jpg

Disconnect the wiring harness from each light and remove the rubber boot. Wearing latex gloves, remove the old light bulbs and install the new ones. Carefully cut off the rubber boots supplied with the kit, they won't fit our headlights. Pull the wires through the factory boot and put it back in place.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo011Medium.jpg

This seemed like a good place to ground the new wiring harnesses.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo012Medium-1.jpg

The power wires on the new harnesses go to the positive terminal on the battery. I removed the fuses first.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo013Medium-1.jpg

I got some M6 - 1.00 x 10 hex screws and lock washers to attach the relays on the top of the struts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo014Medium-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo019Medium-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo017Medium.jpg

These spots worked for the ballasts.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo028Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo025Medium.jpg

I put a cable tie around each boot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo020Medium.jpg

...and followed it up with some self sealing rubber tape - the kind electricians use on electrical services. This stuff is expensive, but I had some already and I really wanted to keep dust and moisture out of the headlight housing. You might safely omit this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo022Medium.jpg

Finally, reinstall the 20 amp fuses in the new harnesses, reattach the battery ground, unmask the headlights and reattach them and the bumper.

Go grab a beer and wait till dark to aim the lights.

Chris07LB
11-11-2006, 06:13 PM
OK - here we go. Here are some photos from my install of the EaglEye high/low kit.

Nice work! :clap: Glad to see you got everything going correctly, your post will be a BIG headache saver for anyone doing the Eagleye High/Low kits. :bow:
Be sure to make a new post once you have them installed. :thumbsup:

On a side note, the Eagleye single (low beam only) kits are cake to install, but thats because its just that,... a SINGLE beam kit! No relays to mount and wire, no need to remove headlights, just remove old, install new, and mount the ballasts.

Here's another option for mounting the ballasts, without having to drill anything.

Yaris-TJ
11-11-2006, 08:48 PM
hi guys! gotta question! it looks like if you have dual...do you need a relay?

also..wheres the diode that has to be reversed??

Violin
11-11-2006, 09:39 PM
You only need a relay if you have another wiring harness which is really a good idea because the current draw when you first turn on your ballasts will fry your wires over time. My ballasts get powered directly from the battery - the factory wiring only serves to tell the relays on the new harness when the lights are on/off or high/low. The diode is on the new harness - if your kit doesn't have another harness, you won't have a diode.

I'm a little disappointed in the cutoff on the lighting. There is some reflection off the little doohickeys that control the high beams but overall, not bad. What isn't so good is I have to be really careful switching from high to low beams - if it bumps through the low beam position to the flash to pass position; one or both lights go off! Also, the high beam indicator doesn't work because there is no feedback from the bulb. I can live with both, I just have to be very careful when switching from high to low.

Low beam:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo040Medium.jpg

High beam:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo042Medium.jpg

Low beam on road:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo031Medium.jpg

Color (5,000k):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo034Medium.jpg

eco
11-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Ok,let me get this straight before I order,with the single beam seat the boots supplied will fit right.

eco
11-12-2006, 02:00 AM
And Violin,couldnt you skipe the mounting of the relays,by using a zip tie,and tie it to a wire from the engine.

Chris07LB
11-12-2006, 03:21 AM
Ok,let me get this straight before I order,with the single beam seat the boots supplied will fit right.

Whats included in BOTH kits is a rubber gromet... the gromet (size of a quater) is simply cut off, as its used only if you were to drill a hole in the housing (not needed) to route the wires, while making a weather tight seal..

Violin
11-12-2006, 07:50 AM
But if I understand correctly, the factory boot seals the low beam only bulb like the standard H4 bulb.

I'm wondering if a resistor across the high beam ground and power on the factory plug will return functionality of the high beam indicator. I'll probably write the manufacturer regarding my two issues.

Violin
11-12-2006, 07:52 AM
And Violin,couldnt you skipe the mounting of the relays,by using a zip tie,and tie it to a wire from the engine.

True, but it looks much better the way I did it. There's certainly some flexibility in installation. Feel free to get creative.

Violin
11-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Oh yeah... the DRL's need to be disabled even with this kit... Sorry Canadians.

Yaris-TJ
11-13-2006, 10:50 AM
True, but it looks much better the way I did it. There's certainly some flexibility in installation. Feel free to get creative.

Correct.I had to take mine to a shop...

The guys didn't have a clue at first.

Then he figured out that the way the light worked was that it changed grounds when doing the light change..

Then he made some inverts in cables, and it worked..

Not very satisified with ligh though...

I'll try to post pictures later on..

Low HID, looks like HIGH, since it shots the light above the space where regular low was..:confused: :confused:

High Halogen shots the light where the old LOW was..:iono: :iono:

Is there a chance that when I placed the bulbs they were reversed? I now that bulbs have some kind of 3-rivets, that make it fit only in one direcction..

any ideas?:iono:

Chris07LB
11-13-2006, 10:59 AM
H4 bulb base, either halogen or HID, will only fit one way.

With an EAGLEYE high/low HID setup, it will be the same light brightness for the high beams, but re-directed upwards. The stock factory H4 high/low halogen bulb, will be a brighter high beam light and directed upwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt your setup use a halogen for the highs?

Yaris-TJ
11-13-2006, 11:10 AM
H4 bulb base, either halogen or HID, will only fit one way.

With an EAGLEYE high/low HID setup, it will be the same light brightness for the high beams, but re-directed upwards. An H4 high/low halogen, will be a brighter light and directed upwards.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt your setup use a halogen for the highs?

Yes Chris07LB...it has high-Halogen / Low HID..

mine is not as you mentioned..
With an EAGLEYE high/low HID setup, it will be the same light brightness for the high beams, but re-directed upwards.
It's actually opposite..

I don't have the EAGLEYET, but it should work similar.. :iono: :iono:

Chris07LB
11-13-2006, 11:17 AM
It's actually opposite..

I don't have the EAGLEYET, but it should work similar.. :iono: :iono:

Uh, of course it should. When you put your high beams on, no matter what kit you are currently using, it should project the light UP (high)....

Let me ask you this... when looking into your headlight housing at the bulb(s), where is the halogen, above or below the HID?

Yaris-TJ
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Uh, of course it should. When you put your high beams on, no matter what kit you are currently using, it should project the light UP (high)....

Let me ask you this... when looking into your headlight housing at the bulb(s), where is the halogen, above or below the HID?

I took a look a this, today morning..it's actually neither way:redface: :redface:
The halogen is pointing inwards, towards the radiator..on both sides.
And the HID are facing outwards , towards the sidewalks.. that's why at first I tough I had fit them incorrectly:iono:

Chris07LB
11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Now that def sounds odd.

Take a look at my pictures posted above.. the halogen/HID one.

On a H4 housing, the bottom will be FLAT, to accept the FLAT section of the bulb when installed. To keep it lined up, while securing it into the housing, there will also be tiny little metal tabs.

Try removing one bulb, and snap a pic of its base for me.

Violin
11-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Can you tell which bulb is lit when you turn the high beams on? I guess it's possible that your installer wired it wrong.

Violin
11-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Looking at the car side of the connector you have three slots.

The vertical one on the right is always positive, the horizontal one in the middle-top is your low beam ground and the vertical one on the left is your high beam ground.

Yaris-TJ
11-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Can you tell which bulb is lit when you turn the high beams on? I guess it's possible that your installer wired it wrong.

When High Beams are turned on, Halogen are turned on, but the light aim as if it were low, but even much dimmer than stock low.:cry:

BTW..thanks for the support guys..

Yaris-TJ
11-13-2006, 12:55 PM
Now that def sounds odd.

Take a look at my pictures posted above.. the halogen/HID one.

On a H4 housing, the bottom will be FLAT, to accept the FLAT section of the bulb when installed. To keep it lined up, while securing it into the housing, there will also be tiny little metal tabs.

Try removing one bulb, and snap a pic of its base for me.

I'll get the picture tonight, once I get gome...Also will take some of the balast placement I got..

Also, what would be the proper fitment, HID on top, and Halogen at bottom?

If this is the case, then mine are odd...

Chris07LB
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Also, what would be the proper fitment, HID on top, and Halogen at bottom?

Re-read what I wrote.. the bulbs will only fit one way, if its indeed the correct H4 fittment.

But yes, the high beam halogen should be on the top, IF its like the halogen/HID picture I posted above.

Where's the seller, and all his support?

GabL
11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Anyone heard of Enon brand? Is it any good?

Yaris-TJ
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM

Here's a pic of my problematic HID..

one metal tab fits up, and the other 2 fit down. by doing this, high halogen is on right hand side..

is this correct?:iono: :confused:

Chris07LB
11-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Again, that does look and seem very odd.

Out of all the high/low HID kits I have seen, where a halogen is used for the high beam, it was always the top bulb.

Have you contacted the seller for support???

Also, the base for an H4 should look like this.......

Chris07LB
11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
After looking at your picture a little more, maybe they were not assy. correctly.

Is there a way to shift/turn the WHITE center, in the BLACK base, so that the halogen is on top, and the HID is at the bottom?

Yaris-TJ
11-15-2006, 07:52 PM
After looking at your picture a little more, maybe they were not assy. correctly.

Is there a way to shift/turn the WHITE center, in the BLACK base, so that the halogen is on top, and the HID is at the bottom?

thanks for the feedback Chris, i've definitely contacted the seller today with this missplacement issue, i'll see his feedback.

I'll also check if I can disassemble the base and try to rotate it, to the correct alignment,

Thanks for your support:clap:

Violin
11-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Whatever you do, don't get oil from your skin on the bulb! Wear latex gloves.

Yaris-TJ
11-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Whatever you do, don't get oil from your skin on the bulb! Wear latex gloves.

thanks for the warning Violin..one finall question...I hope this will make it...

I can get rid of the high beam, since it has a bolt that I can unscrew..

my question is, what is the correct position for the small rod on the hid? is it pointing down?

I 'll use this as a baseline, and get rid of the high..:mad: :mad: ..:cry: :cry:

the_saint
11-16-2006, 10:58 AM
If you do happen to get the bulb dirty/oily/whatever. You can use denatured alcohol to clean it. I picked up a tin of it at home depot....I want to say it was $4. It's good insurance to have when dealing with hundred dollar lightbulbs.

Chris07LB
11-16-2006, 06:03 PM
thanks for the warning Violin..one finall question...I hope this will make it...

I can get rid of the high beam, since it has a bolt that I can unscrew..

my question is, what is the correct position for the small rod on the hid? is it pointing down?

I 'll use this as a baseline, and get rid of the high..:mad: :mad: ..:cry: :cry:

If your going to go through that much trouble to now only have a low beam kit, for the price of a high/low, SEND THEM BACK!

I would not touch a thing, until after you hear from the seller. :frown:

Violin
12-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I was planning on just putting the low beam only in the stock reflector and mounting it so I can use the factory adjusters like so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo006Small-3.jpg

My high beams would be mounted in the fog light position.

However, there is a ton of space in there. I just might put the low beam HID along with the Hella 90mm halogen high beam unit

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/hella%20images/90mm%20Front.jpg

sorta like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo011Small.jpg

I could make aluminum shrouds and use a black ABS sheet to dress up the inside of the housing.

Decisions, decisions....

Chris07LB
12-22-2006, 09:45 AM
My god Rob, that's going to be KILLER!! :drool:

Good thing your close by, it will save me the shipping charges when you do mine! :biggrin:

Violin
12-22-2006, 10:39 AM
If I go the route without the stock reflector, I think my paint guy has enough leftover meteorite metallic paint to do the inside of the housings. That would go well with my Modellista tails.

Maybe I can squeeze those Bosch mini projectors inside the stock reflector and use them as my high beam...

07yaris_fe
12-22-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for all the replies..... finially solve my problem
is the wire problem, now fixed.....

paultyler_82
12-23-2006, 01:07 AM
If I go the route without the stock reflector, I think my paint guy has enough leftover meteorite metallic paint to do the inside of the housings. That would go well with my Modellista tails.

Maybe I can squeeze those Bosch mini projectors inside the stock reflector and use them as my high beam...

Bro, I think with the proper housing, that is going to look absolutely killer!

ChinoCharles
12-23-2006, 02:14 AM
Dude, do I see projectors? :drool:

eTiMaGo
12-23-2006, 03:08 AM
The Toyota Wish has a similar shape of headlamp, you could get some inspiration from it:

http://www.toyota.co.th/red/th/model/wish/gallery/images/wish01.jpg

Violin
01-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I decided to go with a single Bosch E46 projector in the stock reflector bowl with the A4 bezel. Highs are halogens in the foglight position.

I was working on the rotational aiming tonight. I still have some work to do but here's a teaser:

bigsky2
01-09-2007, 12:48 AM
Looks great V.

Show us some beam patterns and such when you're finished.

Chris07LB
01-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Lets see some cut off pics. Looks awesome so far! :headbang:

Violin
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Lets see some cut off pics.

Soon grasshopper, soon. I have to make a couple of adjustments to get the rotation just right. Then I can seal everything up and move on to the next mod. The color is amazing though. The shields are bent about 1mm to make it extra colorful.

Violin
01-11-2007, 11:39 AM
These would be great for anyone thinking of putting bi-xenons in their Yaris: http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26029&highlight=

Blenjar
01-11-2007, 12:55 PM
Is she even still sellin those?

-- Blen

Violin
01-11-2007, 01:38 PM
I believe HE is.

Word of warning: There's a whole lot of fabrication and custom wiring involved in a project like that.

Violin
01-13-2007, 12:38 AM
More tease pictures:

25' out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo169Medium.jpg

40' out
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo174Medium.jpg

Chris07LB
01-13-2007, 08:21 AM
thats just insane! i love it! :headbang:

Violin
01-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Good morning dude.

Dig that color:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/colorLarge.jpg

Looks like I'll be sealing them up today.

Chris07LB
01-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Mornin' man.. did the mud flaps yesterday, and now going out to the garage to finish my air ride hopefully.

GabL
01-15-2007, 10:27 AM
For those still looking for OEM stock HID, you can try get it from Taiwan, as they have HID option available there, as well Taiwan is LHD, so you don't have to worry about the focus on different handed.

If anyone has any connection from Taiwan, please let me know, as I'm interested in getting it too. Thank you.

Chris07LB
01-15-2007, 10:57 AM
The headlights are also different.. its not our same headlights, with factory HID.

GabL
01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
The headlights are also different.. its not our same headlights, with factory HID.

But you can get the headlight housing with the HID and harness. At first the Japanese headlight and HID does not fit our use because of the different driver position side, but now Taiwan has the same driver position, so the problem solved?

Chris07LB
01-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Ah, now a complete assembly would be awesome!! :headbang:

Doc Zaius
01-15-2007, 02:44 PM
Violin... your lights look amazing!! Can't wait to see the finished product! :thumbsup:

Violin
01-16-2007, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yylXsu5A-6I

The high beams are inverted eBay fog lights (upside down and mounted on opposite sides). I swapped out the H11 bulb for the much brighter H9. This requires some tricky modification of the bulb with a Dremel.

Doc Zaius
01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
hahahahhaah... love the music!! :clap:

But seriously... looks great! :thumbsup: What kind of wattage are the H9 bulbs pulling now instead of the H11's?

Violin
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Extra cheesey, isn't it?

The H9 is a 65 watt bulb with 2,100 lumens vs. the 55 watt H11 that only puts out 1,350 lumens.

The housing does get hotter - I tested it with the lamp on for about 5 minutes - so it might not be acceptable for fog lamp use. I only use my high beams for a couple of minutes at a clip, so it's fine.

Violin
01-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Here we go. I'll take more when the weather gets nicer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo017Medium-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo022Medium-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo009Medium.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo005Medium-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo013Medium-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo011Medium-1.jpg

Violin
01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
I took a lot of photos of the retrofit process. I'll write up something when I get time, but don't expect a "how to". Go to the forums at hidplanet.com for that.

Chris07LB
01-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Its a bugs life baby, and i freakin love it Rob!!!!! :drool:

ChinoCharles
01-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Dude, I don't even know what to say. That is beautiful.

ChinoCharles
01-16-2007, 03:09 PM
And by the way, screw legality... your orange side reflector needs to die now. Your car would look painfully clean without them.

Violin
01-16-2007, 03:15 PM
That's really easy to take out, but they do target that one 'round here.

I don't really need to attract the attention what with the mobile meth lab in my hatch and all the gun running I do.

ChinoCharles
01-16-2007, 03:20 PM
JUST SAY NO! AND FUCK THE NRA! :wink:

bigsky2
01-16-2007, 03:21 PM
GANGSTER!

Blenjar
01-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Can't wait till u make some for us..

-- Blen

Violin
01-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Meth or HIDs?

ChinoCharles
01-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Haha, hey it is a good question... would you be willing to modify someones stock headlights with the same setup you have? I know I don't want to do all that work.

Blenjar
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
HIDs..what's meth?

-- Blen

eTiMaGo
01-17-2007, 05:00 AM
Dude that just plain ROCKS!

Get rid of the orange reflectors, maybe paint the housing matte black (the stock reflector area looks kinda weird and unnecessary now)

Violin
01-17-2007, 07:15 AM
Haha, hey it is a good question... would you be willing to modify someones stock headlights with the same setup you have? I know I don't want to do all that work.

No way in hell. Those guys really earn their money.

d2dailly
01-17-2007, 08:32 AM
so can someone tell me is xenon king HID's (http://www.xenonking.com) a good site to order hid xenons or will these kits not fit

marcus
03-27-2007, 06:45 PM
do you have to take ur bumper out to install the hid conversion kit.??

Mine are 6500k H4's and are normally $250 SHIPPED! Have a Group Buy right now for 6000k or 6500k for $230 shipped!

marcus
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
do you have to take ur bumper out to install the hid conversion kit.??

You only need a relay if you have another wiring harness which is really a good idea because the current draw when you first turn on your ballasts will fry your wires over time. My ballasts get powered directly from the battery - the factory wiring only serves to tell the relays on the new harness when the lights are on/off or high/low. The diode is on the new harness - if your kit doesn't have another harness, you won't have a diode.

I'm a little disappointed in the cutoff on the lighting. There is some reflection off the little doohickeys that control the high beams but overall, not bad. What isn't so good is I have to be really careful switching from high to low beams - if it bumps through the low beam position to the flash to pass position; one or both lights go off! Also, the high beam indicator doesn't work because there is no feedback from the bulb. I can live with both, I just have to be very careful when switching from high to low.

Low beam:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo040Medium.jpg

High beam:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo042Medium.jpg

Low beam on road:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo031Medium.jpg

Color (5,000k):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/rjenkie/photo034Medium.jpg

ChinoCharles
03-27-2007, 06:48 PM
You shouldn't.

Chris07LB
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Nope. Simple under hood install.

ChinoCharles
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Nope. Simple under hood install.

He called it simple. :bellyroll:

Chris07LB
03-27-2007, 06:54 PM
pimple?

ChinoCharles
03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Dimple?

(Keep going)

Black Yaris
03-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Simple

Chris07LB
03-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Simple

You're out, we said that already. :tongue:

yuri2002
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
please can someone tell me what's better and under 300 ?? Kit or projector ?? Pls somebody!

OLL

I love you all

THANKS A MILLIONS!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

brickhardmeat
04-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Yuri, have you tried the search box? We have a couple of vendors here selling kits for right around 200.

ChinoCharles
04-07-2007, 09:19 PM
please can someone tell me what's better and under 300 ?? Kit or projector ?? Pls somebody!

OLL

I love you all

THANKS A MILLIONS!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Obviously projectors will beat an HID kit any day of the week assuming they're a good match to your style of car. Problem is the install is extremely tricky. Noobs who try this could be left with a horridly hacked stock headlight housing and no lights at all.

Be forewarned.

OxyG3nE
04-08-2007, 03:04 PM
so i want HID kit but i wwant to know if it will blind everyone that i cross on the road and what K i should use to have the more white possible .. i dont want purple or blue

Chris07LB
04-08-2007, 03:07 PM
4200k is what comes stock from every car/truck coming from the factory with HIDs.

Stay 6000k or below, and you will be getting the most usable light you can.

FYI - I've never been hassled or high beamed this whole time while driving with HIDs in my Yaris LB.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/images/funkygarage/31/Nuxen%20H4%20012.jpg

OxyG3nE
04-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Chris07LB
04-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Replied to your PM as well. Its not my busniess, so you have to order direct. Thanks.

OxyG3nE
04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
i only need to buy the 194 wedge or i need to specify its for the yaris ?

Chris07LB
04-08-2007, 03:23 PM
HERE - http://www.hileds.com/194wedge.html

Its a 194 fittment, so thats what you ask for.

OgDogg
09-13-2007, 10:34 PM
I did adjust the lights down just a hair (half a turn counter clockwise), just because i "thought" they might be a little high.

Anyone got a picture of exactly where this headlight adjustment is? Or perhaps someone would care to post a DIY to help keep the roads a little safer. :)

angeleyes
09-14-2007, 09:32 PM
so i want HID kit but i wwant to know if it will blind everyone that i cross on the road and what K i should use to have the more white possible .. i dont want purple or blue

5000k is the white, and the 4300k is white. I got mine from http://http://www.ultrabrightlights.com/

They are a great company. The owner of the company answers any questions you have, and they have good prices. And no you dont blind anyone, but some people think they are your brights, and flash at you.

Hope that helps:thumbup:

OgDogg
09-16-2007, 10:07 PM
FYI, on the sedan it's an 8mm nut you have to tighter/loosen in order to adjust the headlights vertically.

uncleyaris
09-16-2007, 10:16 PM
After trying just to change blubs, I be afraid to install HID's, it's so tight for space. Are the instructions that come with most kits easy to follow? IS it a big job?

slvryaris
09-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Still kickin around the idea of hid's. Who all has the bi beam kit and what is the brand and do they fit ok without any modding of the assembly?

OgDogg
09-17-2007, 10:32 AM
I have the hi beam kit and it fits perfectly. You just have to turn the rubber piece behind the bulb inside out to fit the larger bulb casing.

As far as installation goes... It's just as easy as changing the light bulbs only you have the added step of mounting the ballasts.

slvryaris
09-18-2007, 04:42 AM
What does everyone think of these kits on EBay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-BI-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-DUAL-BEAM-H13-H4-9004-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ007QQite mZ170150388261QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H4-H13-9004-9007-BI-XENON-BEAM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ004QQite mZ140155131179QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know low price soooo........Has anyone had problems with the Bi beam fitting. I Imagine they would all be of correct size and not oversized.

driver centric
09-19-2007, 09:07 PM
What does everyone think of these kits on EBay??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-BI-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-DUAL-BEAM-H13-H4-9004-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ007QQite mZ170150388261QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H4-H13-9004-9007-BI-XENON-BEAM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ004QQite mZ140155131179QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I know low price soooo........Has anyone had problems with the Bi beam fitting. I Imagine they would all be of correct size and not oversized.

Hey, see my post at http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8922.

I tested a bi-xenon kit from Xenonlink.com and it did not fit in my LB's headlight setup. The springs that hold the bulb in would not work with the HID bulb. I'm sending the kit back for a refund.

I have ordered another kit from xenithxenons.com, who have tested their bi-xenon kit on Scion xBs, which also use H4 and have a similar spring retaining system so hopefully this kit should be compatible with our cars.

I'll let you guys know what the results are.

slvryaris
09-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Did anyone ever figure out how to adjust the headlight??? Or do you just tuen that 8mm nut?

Chris07LB
09-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Pop your hood.. look for a black round barrel on the inside (engine side) of the light housings, with a white + in the center.. thats your adjuster.

slvryaris
09-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Right on. I posted the comment when i was at work and in a hurry. I just checked the manual online and seen it, but for some reason I couldnt find it before. I guess I will try to lower the headlights before I give up on the HID's until someone starts selling retrofitted headlight assemblys so I dont have to mess with it. Also Chris I was curious how you have the stock assemblys and no one has flashed you. Is it in the bulb for some people like with the glare shields or de people re aim??? I just have no idea how people have HID's without retrofitting or lowering the assemblys.

Violin
09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
This here:

slvryaris
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Sedan is different. Just went outside andfound it. It looks like a light grey wheel with a 8mm nut in the middle. I just turned it clockwise and lowered my lights. Looks a 100 times better.

Soccer_Yaris
02-28-2009, 01:13 PM
I am now returning the 8000K hid lights back to the store. After installing the lights I found out that I cannot have these lights working on my car with the DRL module. In Canada its the law to have DRL ( Daytime running lights). It would be a $360 ticket without it. So I contacted the supplier and he told me to return it. Thats $300 bucks back in my wallet!

Uaaurelia
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
anyone know what to do with the yellow wires for the halogen on the top, where to connect them too?

Chris07LB
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
When you unplugged your halogen bulb, the connector should have 3 wires in it.. is this what you are talking about? :iono:

Uaaurelia
05-08-2009, 07:30 AM
When you unplugged your halogen bulb, the connector should have 3 wires in it.. is this what you are talking about? :iono:

i bought the High/low H4 kit, came with a halogen bulb for the high beam. it came with two yellow wires for the halogen light bulbs. i dont know where to wire them too

ham
05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
anyone install HID kit to 2007 Yaris???
I'm having problem with the HID kit that i have.
I got a H4 HID kit it work but my DRL have problem
anyone can tell me how to disable the DRL?
Once I release handbrake, the light keep flashing........
so how i'm driving with my HID on all the time =(

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS

That sounds all kinds of messed up.
Send me a link for your kit or a copy of the wiring diagram and I'll solve your problem. I also have a 2007.

Uaaurelia
05-11-2009, 06:24 AM
That sounds all kinds of messed up.
Send me a link for your kit or a copy of the wiring diagram and I'll solve your problem. I also have a 2007.

i bought the High/low H4 kit, came with a halogen bulb for the high beam. it came with two yellow wires for the halogen light bulbs. i dont know where to wire them too

yea me too. i got the High/low HID kit. when I connect the yellow wires from the halogen light (high beam). i get the flashing lights from both high and low beams.

i dont know if i connected the yellow wires right. Anyone knows where to plug/wire the yellow wires to or a pic of the wiring??

marcus
05-11-2009, 11:39 AM
i think this is when a relay comes into play.im assuming the yellow is the accessory wire which runs 10v "which cause the flicker" until u actually turn ur headlights on for it to run 12v...

this is the reason why i dont have hid on the headlight yet..

garyonthenet
02-01-2011, 08:50 PM
No need to resort to personal insults and putting down another member. It will not be tolerated on the forum.

All of us started learning about cars somewhere/sometime and none of us were born with the knowledge, so if you feel you have something constructive to say, please say it in a mature manner. Thanks.

Sure no name calling is a good policy, but I can understand sophies frustration, the guy was giving bad advice and when called on it acted like was still an expert instead of admitting his ignorance. I would be pissed too!

SAV912
02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Did you register just to bump a year and a half old thread? o_O

-SAV

Trubin
02-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I love how some expensive, luxury cars have that bright, pure white light. I am a newbie, and I don't make a lot of money either so for me to go after HID is a bit over my price range. But, I searched for a way to get the same effect without an expensive modification,
I found these bulbs online from an eBay salesman that had some pretty good reviews.
http://i56.tinypic.com/f4r974.jpg

Purchased for 16$
And went to my Mechanic to install the bulbs, he did it for 10$ so I tipped him too.

http://i56.tinypic.com/j6hbgx.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/b7nvj7.jpg

My headlights were kinda dirty when I took the pictures but as you can see I got that white look that I so desired. All for just under 30$.
I wouldn't say that they are a lot brighter but then again I live in NYC and brightness was not what I was looking for.

*As a side note, there are small lamps on the side of the headlights that are still yellow, does anyone know what kind of bulbs they are? and where to get white or blue colored bulbs to replace?

marcus
02-09-2011, 10:22 AM
you should have went with hid... those bulbs wont last very long..so in the long term hid might be cheaper..there about $70 a set right now maybe cheaper.

vten
02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
You shouldve gotten the HID kits ... I spent $110 for both headlights n foglights off eBay . It's brighter than my benzo's light. Don't forget to get something that closer to the 4300k range because if it's higher than that it'll be darker on the road.

33OH
02-09-2011, 03:48 PM
You shouldve gotten the HID kits ... I spent $110 for both headlights n foglights off eBay . It's brighter than my benzo's light. Don't forget to get something that closer to the 4300k range because if it's higher than that it'll be darker on the road.

Off-topic, but hey vten! I was in Columbus yesterday and thought of you. Hope all is well. :cool: (This is ryank btw.)

Trubin
02-10-2011, 10:29 PM
Does anyone know where to get white/blue License plate bulbs for rear bumper?

Trubin
02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Does anyone know where to get white/blue License plate bulbs for rear bumper?

I Found it!! they are the same as the interior spotlights and those small little headlight bulbs.
I just went to Strauss and they helped me get blue ones. THey had 2 brand, since i needed 2 sets i got both of them the collor is a little diffrent between them. Which do you guys/girls think looks better on the exterior and interior? here are some pics.:coolpics:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2uzqwll.jpg
one is really blue and the other is more like white-purple blue.
http://i53.tinypic.com/20ppl3l.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/x3tuom.jpg
A bit hard to see on pictures, camera makes it look very similar but once you see it with your eyes you can clearly see the difference.