PDA

View Full Version : Debating....

Young-Adolf
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Alright so I am in a bind, I wanna new car that gets good gas mileage. Right now I own a 2001 Mercury Cougar and I cant stand the mileage I get. Right now in my city driving I get about 240 miles to a tank which is just insane because thats 50 bucks a week. I drove the Honda Fit, interior was cool as hell. When I went to go drive it it was parked next to an Oddessy which its just a mini version of that, minivans arent my thing. Quiet, about as quick as my car with its A/C on(Cougar loses a little hp :biggrin: ). I have been looking at Yaris for a week or so. Liftback with all of the options, the 18" TRD rims and the springs. Total was about 17,000 which isnt bad because its a new car thats fully loaded. Another factor is insurance I am hearing 200-300 a month for insurance, thats what I pay now for my Cougar with its V-6. So what do you think? Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. I have yet to drive a Yaris so I am not so sure about how they drive.

Young-Adolf

bikergal
05-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Check here Young-Adolf ---->

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104

echo_hrs
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
So what do you think? Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris. I have yet to drive a Yaris so I am not so sure about how they drive.

Young-Adolf

Um, this is er, um, yarisworld...

Get a Yaris!!!

Cheers

why?
05-24-2006, 01:34 PM
Um, this is er, um, yarisworld...

Get a Yaris!!!

Cheers

Ditto.

lol.

YotaYarisUSA
05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Yaris all the way Dude it rules, the Yaris is the greatest little car on the earth and of all time!!!!!! :thumbup: Honda Fit,does look like a mini van,so if you want a mini van then go for it. If you want a Sweet looking mini Camry, that drives like a Ferrari!!! It has a Yota engine,it will run 4 ever and it has the cool middle stock gauges and a free IPOD jack :)

Get yearself a Yaris,:thumbup:

Happy Yaris Hunting Bro!!!!!!!

YotaYarisUSA

nlpnt
06-02-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm dealing with the same issues myself;

YARIS advantages;
-Cheaper list price
-Slightly better EPA rated economy
-My Tercel's been *very* good to me
Disadvantages;
-No 5-door, no tach, center pod gauges
-Less cargo toom
-Toyota dealer in my area has a bad rap

FIT advantages;
-5 doors as standard
-Tach, gauges in front of driver
-Excellent dealer in my area
Disadvantages;
-Slightly worse mileage estimates
-Heavier
-Old design...Honda apparently says they'll keep it for a while, but how long will they hold out against the pressure of their own corporate culture?

KIA RIO Advantages
-Body side moldings!
-Price and availability; several manual hatchbacks on the lot, in all available colors, and willing to deal. Of the three, the only one I've driven; I've only opened up and sat in the top two because the only ones were sold.
-10-year warranty
Disadvantages;
-Fair-to-middling EPA numbers (30/35 manual)
-Depreciation and long-term reliability still an open question.

FORD FOCUS Advantages;
-Factory sunroof option
-They're willing to deal
-Buy American
Disadvantages;
-Mileage estimates dip into the 20s. Real world owners' claims all over the place, but generally no better than 30-33 mixed
-Old design
-$1000 (MSRP) extra for five doors
-Pool of cars in stock leans far too heavily towards automatic notchbacks

CHEVY AVEO Advantages;
-Cheap, cheap, cheap- sub-$10,000 deals on ac, ps, pw cars offered in almost every week's dealer circulars
-Factory sunroof
Disadvantages;
-It's a Daewoo
-It's a Daewoo
-Replaced soon
-"There must have been a mistake, these gas mileage numbers must be for an Impala."

Young-Adolf
06-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Well to give you guys an update. I did buy a new car, not a yaris tho. New 2006 Cobalt SS/SC, 200 hp/200 lbs trq. I get 30 MPG highway which is most of driving any way. Thanks for all the help

Young-Adolf

Uglyboyed
06-14-2006, 10:32 AM
u traitor!!!!!!!!

PSU Yaris
06-14-2006, 10:43 PM
OH NICE!!! what color? u gonna mod it? the only thing i dont like bout the cobalt SS is that its a chevy...but its a new chevy, so that kinda makes a difference haha

Young-Adolf
06-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Black, with yellow leather seat inserts. I will prolly do Stage 2 from GM and a free flowing exhaust, K&N Intake, B&G Springs, some rims and call it a day. Some good drivers have gotten this car stock in the low 14's :eyebulge:. With all the options I wanted for the Yaris Liftback, TRD 18's, TRD Springs, all the options it was going to cost me 17,567 when my Cobalt costed me about the same with the G85 package(LSD, Recaro's, Pioneer sound system, Polished 18's, and XM radio) Let me tell you this car is a blast to drive. I will still cruise the boards tho, this is a good forum.:thumbup: