PDA

View Full Version : First Time Yaris Owner

hmsiegel
11-01-2015, 09:49 AM
Purchased my first Yaris about a month ago. Black 2015 LE 5 dr. So far I love it. It's zippy and gets great gas mileage.
Two questions for anyone out there (though I don't know if this is the right place to post them):
1. I noticed when I bought it that it doesn't come with an arm rest, which isn't a huge deal. But what I didn't realize is that the cup holders are in a terrible spot and are very small. None of my coffee travel mugs fit. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a center console type part that I can buy that would fit over the e-brake that has larger cup holders?
2. The salesman said something about activating Sirius XM with the stock radio. Is that even possible? I have a Sirius XM subscription, and really miss it since most terrestrial radio is terrible. What are my options here?

Thanks

BLKHILLSGUY
11-01-2015, 11:35 PM
I also have a 15 Yaris SE. The cup holders you will get used to. They hold my Stbux cups just fine, even a Route 44 Sonic drink. They don't fit perfectly, and they will lean, at least one of the drinks will with both being used. But I have yet to have any spills.

Can't help you on the XM though, but my guess is you need a XM compatible radio. The salesmen was either possibly mistaken or just wanted to sell the car. I have had XM for over a decade, but this is the first time that I haven't. I found one really good 70s-90s country station with next to no commercials. XM was nice during Xmas, but many of the songs were repeat. Kinda da drive me nuts.

BLKHILLSGUY
11-01-2015, 11:36 PM
And welcome aboard. Don't be a stranger. You bought one helluva tough car. Probably the most reliable Toyota on the road.

LTHatch
11-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Welcome! Share some pictures of your new Yaris with us!

hmsiegel
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
I've got a picture of it, but I have to size it.

I actually have spilled coffee already. My coffee mugs just don't fit. I don't usually get coffee or any drinks from anywhere else.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

BLKHILLSGUY
11-03-2015, 02:29 AM
I've got a picture of it, but I have to size it.

I actually have spilled coffee already. My coffee mugs just don't fit. I don't usually get coffee or any drinks from anywhere else.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

My suggestion is to find a coffee cup that WILL fit. You don't want to ruin the interior.

tmontague
11-03-2015, 10:34 AM
buying new coffee mug>buying a new interior

WeeYari
11-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I thought this was pretty neat when it was first posted.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49742