PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2010 Yaris

ercdvs
03-28-2016, 07:38 PM
Didn't think it was my kind of car, ut a 2010 Charcoal Black yaris hatchback came home with me. only 63k miles on it, and I love it so far.

Hoping to switch out the radio for a double din navigation or at least HD/Bluetooth handsfree unit.

Shame there is no existing hole for a backup camera, and adding fog lights seems way to involved.

MugenRep
03-28-2016, 07:47 PM
They're great and incredibly reliable cars. There also quite fun to throw around on back mountain and curvy roads.

BLKHILLSGUY
03-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the board. Treat the Yaris right and you can get 300-400k miles. That's along time!!! Incredibly reliable, minus a clutch or waterpump on occasion.

ercdvs
03-30-2016, 08:55 PM
My wife finally took it for a spin, and cant stop laughing at how fun it was. The kids already fight to ride in it when we need to go anywhere.

Looking forward to keeping it running for a long time. Only need to change out the radio in the short term, and maybe replace some interior lights with brighter LED versions, especially behind the aircon controls. very dim.

Next I want fog lights,and maybe a handy USB charger port in the unused space by the parking brake.. Looks like a lot of scion stuff is a good fit in.

Just wish it wasnt a hassle to get tose darn fogs working ....

kimona
03-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. Post some photos when you get a chance.