PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Engine

David81
06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Hi I just got my Yaris Sedan 2007 Aero Package in Toronto, Ontario.

Question: I'm i suppose to hear my engine running so loudly? Well its really quiet in the car i can't hear anything. But when i'm outside i can hear the engine running loudly.

When i compare it to my dad's corolla, i could hardly hear the engine.

El Jefe
06-01-2006, 11:31 PM
ya i noticed that too, but you can't ask for the moon for 14k can you? lol

eight_heads
06-01-2006, 11:41 PM
well they are different engines, so they will most likely sound different.... it all depends on what the engine is made of, the exhaust system, room in engine compartment, etc.

swng
06-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Just a lighthearted reply. Try bringing your Yaris to some open space where there is no or little echo (no pun intended) and you will hear less engine noise even when you are outside of the car:wink:.
Congratulations on your new car! Safe and happy motoring!

johnnyfive
06-02-2006, 12:44 AM
i think the electric fan rips louder than the engine at idle :)

punch
06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Hi I just got my Yaris Sedan 2007 Aero Package in Toronto, Ontario.

Question: I'm i suppose to hear my engine running so loudly? Well its really quiet in the car i can't hear anything. But when i'm outside i can hear the engine running loudly.

When i compare it to my dad's corolla, i could hardly hear the engine.

open the hood on both cars, does dads hood have a liner?? does yours??
also econo cars have less sound deading around the engine then more expensive cars, eg, the expensive cars have a 'vanity"cover over the engine which contains soundproofing, then the hood is also lined , we have nothing.

and like another poster said, it could be the fan...

GD-RS
06-02-2006, 09:35 AM
You can try something like this. I've heard they work pretty well. Cheap too.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=1230&subcategoryid=334&categoryid=28

stuffy
06-02-2006, 10:05 AM
i find the engine to be very quiet at idle and while it is running

Thirty-Nine
06-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I thought my xB (same engine) had a lot of engine noise, too. However, keep in mind the 1NZ-FE has a timing chain and not a belt. Chains can make more noise than belts, but they don't need to be replaced every 90,000 miles.