PDA

View Full Version : why does toyota hate new yorkers?

cptsenestpc
06-03-2006, 12:56 PM
so i love the yaris. i need that car but i am really annoyed. i went to the toyota dealership in manhattan yesterday hoping to see one, get in, and maybe test drive. first of all there were none in stock. they told me i could order but when i mentioned i wanted a 3 door liftback with the power package i was told that was not available in my region. WHY NOT? i am so pissed off. i really want a yaris but why shouldn't i be able to choose the power package if i want. not sure what i am going to do now...

ROCKLAND TOYOTA
06-03-2006, 02:04 PM
ITS AVAILABLE IT HAS TO BE ORDERED..... come on up to my dealership and we'll get you started

DARK505
06-03-2006, 04:26 PM
so i love the yaris. i need that car but i am really annoyed. i went to the toyota dealership in manhattan yesterday hoping to see one, get in, and maybe test drive. first of all there were none in stock. they told me i could order but when i mentioned i wanted a 3 door liftback with the power package i was told that was not available in my region. WHY NOT? i am so pissed off. i really want a yaris but why shouldn't i be able to choose the power package if i want. not sure what i am going to do now...

Toyota doesnt just hate new yorkers... i think it might be states that start in "New ..." ;) I am kinda getting the run around here in New Mexico, i was lucky enough to drive one of the only yari in the surrounding 7 states. The next shipment that is coming in is already pre-sold. :( The dealership i put my deposit in told me 4-6 weeks (and if im on the top of the waiting list i get 1st choice of what they have instock) or 4 months to special order one... I went to another dealership and they told me i can get the car i want in 4-6 weeks... a little confused about that... I just want my car

Hey ROCK, how quick could you get a black sand pearl LB 5 spd with power/convenience packs? I def want the full fold down seats... At this point i might be intrested in going out of state if i can get what i want... Im guessin it would be 4-6 weeks like ive been told. :(

echo_hrs
06-03-2006, 07:11 PM
This is not uncommon for a popular car...

The Mazda3 had a 6 month back log when it first came out, so did the SMART up here in Canada....

A couple of months will fly by, and allow you to save a bigger downpayment...

If I were buying some speakers, then maybe I would take what was on the shelf, but with an investment of over 12,000 bux in a car, be patient and get the car you want, the years you own it you will find it was worth it to wait a short time for long term enjoyment, without regrets....

cptsenestpc
06-03-2006, 07:21 PM
This is not uncommon for a popular car...

The Mazda3 had a 6 month back log when it first came out, so did the SMART up here in Canada....

A couple of months will fly by, and allow you to save a bigger downpayment...

If I were buying some speakers, then maybe I would take what was on the shelf, but with an investment of over 12,000 bux in a car, be patient and get the car you want, the years you own it you will find it was worth it to wait a short time for long term enjoyment, without regrets....

i think you're right. i want the car that i want even if it means waiting. esp since this will be my first new car.