PDA

View Full Version : Yaris lead times

sroberts
06-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, My order went into the system today. How long has everyone's lead times been? The dealer told me 4 to 12 weeks. I wanted to see what the average has been. Not sure if it makes a difference but I ordered a sedan.

Thanks,

Scott R.

Dylanby
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
33 days for it to arrive at the dealers.

The car was apparently "manufactured to order". It actually sat in a warehouse in Toronto for a week after arriving from the west coast before Toyota Canada dispersed it to the dealership. I was talking to my sales rep & he told me that the time it takes to make a Corolla in the Cambridge (Ontario) plant takes just over a week from when they place the order.

Too bad our Yarii come from Japan. I'm guessing the queue for orders is longer for the US in comparison to Canada.

Idjiit
06-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I think mine only took a week or so, but mine was from the first allotment.

stuffy
06-05-2006, 09:32 PM
ordered it nov.19, picked it up on the 25

toyotafan
06-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I ordered a Yaris Sedan with aero package April the 6th and still waiting, dealer said car would be here next week now, says car has disapeared from his computer system and he cant give me a Vin # so still waiting but about to lose my cool and cancel the whole deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sroberts
06-05-2006, 10:33 PM
That sucks man. I hope it does come soon...

kty75
06-05-2006, 11:24 PM
i ordered one on Sat, I got it on the thursday... so 5 days ...so fast

eight_heads
06-05-2006, 11:31 PM
i was told it would be in within 2 weeks, i ordered it on 5/29 and is supposed to be in by Saturday 6/10... i just hope they make good on that

Dylanby
06-06-2006, 05:36 AM
I ordered a Yaris Sedan with aero package April the 6th and still waiting, dealer said car would be here next week now, says car has disapeared from his computer system and he cant give me a Vin # so still waiting but about to lose my cool and cancel the whole deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was able to get the VIN# five days after the order was placed. Sales rep called me back few hours after I contacted him with the #.

Ziv
06-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I surely felt bad for those who have to wait for more than a month.

devinlamothe
06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
I got mine instantly ... they had one at the dealership. :w00t:

DARK505
06-06-2006, 05:39 PM
I got mine instantly ... they had one at the dealership. :w00t:

Lucky! Ive been waiting about 3 weeks and still no word... hopefully less than 4 months:thumbdown:

eight_heads
06-06-2006, 09:14 PM
well i've got a vin# but it's not necessarily the car i'm going to get... we'll see by Saturday i hope!

Jola1
06-07-2006, 01:24 AM
Ordered 10 days ago. Got news yesterday that I am looking at a 30th July earliest, 7th August latest as delivery date.

Hoping time goes quickly...........

Want to be driving it:bellyroll:

Looks like many Yariphiles are waiting extended periods for delivery........ does this make the car MORE SPECIAL?

Supa Lao
06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Just got a call from the dealership that I got approved for the loan :thumbup: I'm heading in there sat to put a deposit down for a blazing blue lift back 5spd w/ option combo 2(abs, power pkg, and all weather pkg). I just want the abs and power pkg, but I have to get that combo. I think I might have to wait about 3 months for it to come in. I'll know more come sat when I get to order mine.

sroberts
06-07-2006, 11:12 AM
If its anything like the dealership I went to, they can't actually submit the order to Toyota on the weekend. It won't go into the system until Monday. You may want to order in on Friday to get a headstart. Just my 2 cents.

Supa Lao
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, but I don't have any free time to head out to the dealership before sat :frown:

eight_heads
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Ordered 10 days ago. Got news yesterday that I am looking at a 30th July earliest, 7th August latest as delivery date.

Hoping time goes quickly...........

Want to be driving it:bellyroll:

Looks like many Yariphiles are waiting extended periods for delivery........ does this make the car MORE SPECIAL?
had they given you an estimated time of delivery when you ordered it? or was it supposed to be in and they set it back to the new time?

YarisHatch
06-07-2006, 11:33 PM
I put a deposit down for one 05/15 and its supposed to get here 06/18, i'm in the states, east coast. It all depends on what your looking for. I have a black 5spd hatchback coming in. :wub:

Jola1
06-08-2006, 04:31 AM
had they given you an estimated time of delivery when you ordered it? or was it supposed to be in and they set it back to the new time?

Dealer couldn't give me an accurate time on order. We were hoping that another dealership in Oz had one I could get, but no luck:frown: .

Next move was to see if Yari on current production line could have spec change to fit my request, Green Aspen mica metallic YRX 3 door with full sports kit, extra interior accesories etc - this is what has now happened :clap: . If Toyota was not willing to do the spec change it would not have been built until the August production - not here until late September :thumbdown: .

Knew that it was highly likely that the wait would be 6-8 weeks as the colour is quite unique and there are not may 1.5 YRX's being sold in Adelaide.......YET

why?
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
I ordered my car March 28 and picked it up April 28th.

sroberts
06-08-2006, 04:19 PM
I wonder what the poll would look for just the US folks who ordered one. Do you think the lead times are different for the US vs. Canandian or Aus?

YarisHatch
06-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I wonder what the poll would look for just the US folks who ordered one. Do you think the lead times are different for the US vs. Canandian or Aus?

I'm in the u.s, it will be about a month and three days since my deposit on the hatch before it gets here on the 18th. It really depends on what you want over here, 5spd's in the hatch are extremely hard to get in the southeast part of the states.

eight_heads
06-08-2006, 11:28 PM
so i've seen, i was told when i ordered mine on memorial day that it would be here by the 10th.... they just told me today that the one they had supposedly ordered from another dealer was sold by that dealer... anyway, they have ordered mine from toyota for the next shippment and have also found a black one and a red one with the same setup they may be able to get me sooner, will find out tomorrow.... see, this is what i hate about new cars that the companys aren't sure whether or not they will do well, a million get ordered, but only a limited amount are sent out for the first 6 months or so.... how do you guys like the black or red ones?

YarisHatch
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
so i've seen, i was told when i ordered mine on memorial day that it would be here by the 10th.... they just told me today that the one they had supposedly ordered from another dealer was sold by that dealer... anyway, they have ordered mine from toyota for the next shippment and have also found a black one and a red one with the same setup they may be able to get me sooner, will find out tomorrow.... see, this is what i hate about new cars that the companys aren't sure whether or not they will do well, a million get ordered, but only a limited amount are sent out for the first 6 months or so.... how do you guys like the black or red ones?

Exactly what is happening on the east coast. Are manuals easier to find over on the west? Almost 85% of all hatchbacks are automatics so i've been hearing, so finding a manual is like ultra rare. From what i've been told, black 5spd's are even harder to find because majority of manuals out there right now are either red or green.

eight_heads
06-09-2006, 12:15 AM
well they found me a red one from another dealer out of state and are trying to get it for me, will find out tomorrow...

YarisHatch
06-09-2006, 12:04 PM
well they found me a red one from another dealer out of state and are trying to get it for me, will find out tomorrow...

Good luck with it! I hope mine does in fact come on the 18th.

Jola1
06-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Good luck with it! I hope mine does in fact come on the 18th.

Good luck for you also!! Hope you get your delivery on the 18th.

LUCK

YarisHatch
06-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Good luck for you also!! Hope you get your delivery on the 18th.

LUCK

Hopefully one of us will have a new yaris within the next two weeks. I'll go ahead and pre-party :drinking:

Supa Lao
06-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I put my deposit on a liftback today. 1st choice is the blazing blue and 2nd choice is meteorite metallic w/ the power pkg/all weather pkg/convenience pkg. The salesman said it could take aprox 2 months to get :frown:

Jola1
06-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I put my deposit on a liftback today. 1st choice is the blazing blue and 2nd choice is meteorite metallic w/ the power pkg/all weather pkg/convenience pkg. The salesman said it could take aprox 2 months to get :frown:

I also have 2 month wait (approx):frown:

With you in the waiting game Supa..........

eight_heads
06-09-2006, 11:08 PM
well i talked to the sales manager today and they got me a red 5spd w/convenience package coming to them on this shipment, it is in the computer as coming straight to them and is also marked as sold with my name on it... it is supposed to hit houston,tx on the 14th then get to me here in louisiana a few days later... also, it's red, and if i'm not happy with the color they can either get me another one when they can or i'll go somewhere else/get something else.... but i really want a yaris.... wish me luck guys

why?
06-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Good Luck.

The red is a nice color.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15

swng
06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
I wish you good luck eight heads! After you have gotten and driven your car, please don't forget to report your fuel economy on the "Fuel Economy" thread for the benefit of all :smile:.

eight_heads
06-10-2006, 03:40 PM
no problem on the economy thing.... of course, economy will change once the engine is broken in and a nice oil film is made on the cylinder walls

SmellyTofu
06-10-2006, 05:32 PM
I waited 4 months.... :( but worth the wait...

eight_heads
06-11-2006, 01:24 AM
well the problem is i don't have four months to wait.... and it will have been almost 1 when i finally do get it

spacemanoeuvres
06-12-2006, 09:19 PM
to the day!

definitely worth the wait :burnrubber:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=684

sroberts
06-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I see alot of people picking up their Yarii. Please don't forget to enter your lead time into the poll.

eight_heads
06-16-2006, 11:33 PM
well i picked mine up today 6/16 and had ordered on 5/29

YarisHatch
06-17-2006, 02:40 PM
well i picked mine up today 6/16 and had ordered on 5/29

AH! Congrats! Still waiting on mine, tomorrow its supposed to be in. But will it?! *dun dun dun duunn*:eyebulge:

sroberts
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
WOOHOO! Just got a call from the dealer and my fully loaded sedan should be here between 7/3 and 7/10!!

Hyde
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
took my dealer 3 months. it was special order. took even longer then getting a new M5!!

Scoot
06-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Put my deposit down on April 18th for a white 5sp LB. Still waiting here in Albuquerque.

sroberts
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Keep posting those lead times. BTT

toyotafan
07-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Keep posting those lead times. BTT
Still waiting here ordered 2007 yaris sedan aero package April 6th delivery date now July 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PixieDawn
07-03-2006, 04:54 PM
I ordered 2 door hatch (black sand pearl) w/ conv package on June 9th, was told would be here between July 3rd - July 9th.... will update once its in :biggrin:

michelle
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Since many shipments come in through Houston, do you think the Houston lots would have more in-stock or a wider variety??? I just may need to check their inventory.

costaricandreams
07-14-2006, 01:15 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

sroberts
11-23-2006, 07:28 PM
So are the lead times looking any better these days? Are there more on the lots? I've had mine for a few months now but I was just curious how its looking.

Driver
11-23-2006, 08:45 PM
I ordered a manual sedan and it took 9 weeks. Well worth the wait. Everybody who sees and rides in the car love it as much as I do. Love the fact that this fill-up I'm over 200 miles and still have more than a half a tank. When I fill up next I'll have an accurate MPG to report. The wait is worth it. :thumbup:

KSIbucky
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
sure

KSIbucky
11-28-2006, 12:15 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

thats what she said

KittenRD
12-08-2006, 02:19 AM
I ordered mine August 15 and it is due in December 15th.

DorytheYaris
12-14-2006, 01:17 PM
I bought mine 2 days after I saw it sitting on the lot. I have a 2007 Blazing Blue Metallic LB with A/T and w/o the Power Package. It's literally the one I wanted so I feel bad that some people waited so long. :frown: