PDA

View Full Version : On wait list, no vin as of yet...

Smudge
07-07-2006, 07:26 PM
I ordered a blazing blue liftback three weeks ago. I was given an ETA of 4 weeks. I called the dealership yesterday to get a vin number for the purpose of insuring the car and they have not yet called me with it. Does anyone know what it means to have a vin# in hand? At what point in the process does a dealership track it?:confused:

PixieDawn
07-07-2006, 10:13 PM
i got my vin today, but my car arrived at the dealership today... so they took it off the invoice... mine has taken 4 weeks, i dont think they get it till its on its way!! hope you get it soon:thumbup:

Chris07LB
07-08-2006, 02:39 AM
I ordered a blazing blue liftback three weeks ago. I was given an ETA of 4 weeks. I called the dealership yesterday to get a vin number for the purpose of insuring the car and they have not yet called me with it. Does anyone know what it means to have a vin# in hand? At what point in the process does a dealership track it?:confused:

Dealers only get a partial VIN from what I am told. This allows them to track the car/truck from when it leaves, to loading on the ship, to off loading the ship, to then sorted for what dealership.

Once its "on the ground," the full VIN is given, and the dealer can then attach a "name" to the car/truck, and also then run any financing/payment numbers thru the system.

This is just what I have been told.. :drinking: