PDA

View Full Version : Time Lines

flip
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey, my dealer told me that my Yaris would be in between the 3rd and 10th of July. Now its the 11th and still no car. How were the rest of your wait times?

toyotafan
07-11-2006, 04:56 PM
I ordered my yaris sedan aero package APRIL 9th was told 6 --8 weeks, now im told it should be here this week. 3 MONTHS and still waiting

flip
07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
i just got a call from my dealer and he told me that a car just like mine just came in. thanks for the update!

Pompeii66
07-11-2006, 10:09 PM
11 Weeks .

TrancosRt
07-11-2006, 11:21 PM
about 10 weeks and counting...My dealewrship shpould be getting a car similar to mine, just a different color the 22nd (or so). I just hope they keep it til I come back to the US and claim it! :P

costaricandreams
07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing they they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

flip
07-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I guess you could do that if you want to be a prick! Maybe thats why my Yaris was a week late.

boxerboy
07-18-2006, 05:05 AM
Between 5 and six weeks.

amishpriest
07-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Getting mine this Saturday, so about 8 weeks...