PDA

View Full Version : I cancelled my order unfortunatly :(

twixt
07-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Well, I finally got around to getting quoted on insurance:mad: 3200/year for a 19yo with no tickets and no claims... WHAT KINDA CRAP IS THIS!! so im certainly not going to pay more for insurance a year than i will pay on the loan. :cry: I am pretty annoyed, luckily I rock a cavalier so im not hurting too much in the wallet.

swng
07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Sorry to learn about that. May be you can consider a Yaris sedan. It may cost less than a coupe or HB in terms of insurance.

weeze-dog
07-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Probably quoting nationwide or some crappy company, they charged me outrageous amounts when I was younger, for very little coverage.
I switched to American Family, they have awesome rates.

TrancosRt
07-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Allstate works for me (they almost cut my premium in half a month ago :D). Still, I was paying less than what I was paying for a no-name insurance company.(I'm in the 1500's range I believe, but I'm 24 y/o)

Chris07LB
07-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I also switched to All State, and its night and day over our last insurance company. :thumbsup:

sroberts
07-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, I finally got around to getting quoted on insurance:mad: 3200/year for a 19yo with no tickets and no claims... WHAT KINDA CRAP IS THIS!! so im certainly not going to pay more for insurance a year than i will pay on the loan. :cry: I am pretty annoyed, luckily I rock a cavalier so im not hurting too much in the wallet.

Sorry to hear that. Im sure someone here would be happy to take your cancelled order. :biggrin:

rstb88
07-13-2006, 12:28 PM
my insurance is about that much at 267.89$ every month. I had one wreck last year and one ticket last year and this year. I got a good student discount that brought it down to 209.00$ a month and soon even further because I took a driver ed course. I'm 18 and drive a HB. I use StateFarm and they don't care if its a coupe, sedan, etc(as the agent told me)its just that its so new and im male and young. And did a little research a backglass is over 350$ with a discount I get from my uncle and his free installation.

PixieDawn
07-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Well I work for a Major insurance company (who doesnt give employee discounts lol)... and my quoted rates where about $35.00 more a mnth than that actul price I got when I had my VIN number, I think alot of these companies dont have many of these cars on the books yet so they are quoting broader coverage on the car than needed.

My husband rear-ended someone 3 mnths ago and I had a ax 2 years ago(still effects rates till the 3 year mark with this compnay) and for full insurance for a 2000 Jeep Grand Charokee and the new yaris HB, we pay 289.00 a mnth. Its all about your age, where you live, if you are married, how many people live in your household, driving record, your credit score.. its like apples and oranges...every company uses different underwriting rules than the other and to be honest for such a new car they just dont know yet how people will drive them .....

:thumbsup:

mikeukrainetz
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
LOL - try living in BC, Canada. All we have is one insurance company ICBC the biggest ripoff government monopoly there is. Only the government can get away with having no competition. They discriminate by age, sex and location but tell you straight to your face that they dont. Once ICBC doesnt like you.... good luck keeping your license.
Anyway, thats my insurance comp. rant.

twixt
07-13-2006, 07:15 PM
idk, i did a allstate website quote at 2k deductable and it is showing 660/per 6 months. so idk ill figure this out i want a yaris damnit!

stuffy
07-13-2006, 08:40 PM
mikeukrainetz, is that true? i've never owned a car in b.c., so didn't know that.
i think all insurance is basically a rip-off,
they have to be the only industry that is allowed to discriminate based on sex and age, next thing they will probably be looking at which racial backgrounds are the worse drivers, and discriminate accordingly.

fnkngrv
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
I am paying 576 a year with Patriot Mutual out of Maine for 250 deductables across the board. I am 31. I am paying 312 a year for my 96 Tercel (they don't know it has a 4e-fte thank god) and we are paying 588 for our 05 freestar le minivan. Not too bad. 3 cars for 1300 roughly a year and 2 are newer.

bikergal
07-13-2006, 11:42 PM
You might want to check out this thread on insurance for your Yaris ;)

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=488

twixt
07-15-2006, 02:52 PM
i did end up buying it at 7.85 has only 15 miles on it. pick it up monday.

twixt
07-17-2006, 10:12 PM
I love my yaris, the legroom is fantastic and the MPG ROCKS!!