PDA

View Full Version : Get your Yaris without waiting!

costaricandreams
07-14-2006, 01:12 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

First, all dealers will want at least a $500.00 deposit. Make sure you get it in writing that they must give you a full refund if they don't sell you car by a specific time. They are like dogs and want to mark you as being theirs. Use a credit card and give them very specific fully loaded options for what you want. Finding a manual Latchback with a power package should do the trick. There are only 2 in all of the Southeast Toyota's territory right now, as of 07-14-06. Tell them you are unwilling to accept anything without those options and you don't want to order and wait 6 months from Japan. Also tell them you are going to look around and see if you can find another Yari before them. Offer to have them try and get a Yaris transfered to their dealership to sell it to you, if you find another one.

Then start fishing at you local dealerships and get a sales person or two working for you. First go out for a test drive. Hopefully they will have one of the new 4 door sedans available. There are lots of them coming off the boat in Florida. Look the salesperson in the eye and hand them a printout of a Yaris that's located somewhere in Southeast Toyota's inventory. Tell them that if they can get this car you will buy it right now! This will get those greedy fucks going! They are hungry little salespeople looking to pull the carpet out from under anyone out there to make a buck. They will also want a 500.00 deposit. Promise to give it to them but complain about how you have already put down money at the other dealership. Tell them you need to talk with your wife/husband first, but they are at work and you don't want to be spreading cash all over town. They will verify it somehow behind your back. They will keep calling you after they know you are a serious buyer asking for your deposit money to lock you in. They will try and get you to sign a purchase agreement. Don't do it. Keep promising to give a deposit but never budge. Not giving this deposit is going to be the key to landing your Yari of choice, as I'll explain later.

Next you need to learn Southeast Toyota's distributor inventory system. Go to a specific dealer's homepage and search for the Yaris. The list is huge but only the first 3 or so are actually going to arrive at that dealership. You can tell if a car has been allocated from the distributor to the dealership who's web page you entered from by looking at the VIN#. If the VIN # displays fully, and not just the last 4 or so digits on the car you selected. Then you are looking at a car that will arrive to that dealership. Then pay attention to the cars arrival date. You can search for all the dealerships listed and verify their inventory through www.toyota.com. But searching all of them for the specific VIN you want out of the inventory is next to impossible. A dealership will not tell you what other dealer has the car allocated to it, because they want to sell you a car. The car is in such high demand, no dealer will be willing to trade out a manual Yaris Latchback with power right now.

After you spot the Yari you want and have found where its arriving, its time to play the chump card to the dealer. First call the dealership who is getting the car, and let the salesperson you contacted before that you may come out and take a look at it when it arrives. Tell them that its not the one you really want, because it doesn't have all the options; but maybe, just maybe you'll buy it, if it turns out to catch your eye.

Then show up at the hour the dealership opens first thing. Your Yaris will be there waiting for you. It will probably be around back, because its reserved for someone with a security deposit. You have not given a deposit to them yet and they know you already have a deposit at the other dealership. This is where the boss will see another opportunity to make a buck. The Yaris you are looking at has already been reserved by someone with a security deposit at the dealership you don't have one with. The sales people know you are going to buy a car. The only question is, who will it be from? Them or their competition. In the end, they just want to sell as many cars as possible. After all, car salesmen dick people over all day long for a living, and this is just another way for them to screw someone over. Their consciences became desensitized along time ago anyhow. So, they will call the poor sap who put a security deposit on the car and tell him/her there was some problem and it could be another week before the car comes in. :eyebulge: After signing a purchase agreement. The salesperson will run outside and snatch the sticker off the window to claim the sale ,and they will speed it around back to have it "detailed" -- away from the eyes of the person on the way to pick up their promised car.

That's right! You got the car and not the person with the deposit because the big fat cat in the back who your salesperson sucks :drool: off every 10 min. during negotiations wants to steal his competitors business. :eyebulge: All the while the waiting line just gets longer. But not for you. Be prepared to pay MSRP, but hopefully they won't screw you by putting the worthless Toyoguard option on it that drives the price up almost 1k to increase their profit margin before and after the sale with "dealer holdback."

Also get a preapproved finance check from Capital One financing. Then you can mean it when you say that you will buy the car right then, because you can. Then don't tell them how much your APR is from your preapproved loan. They will try and beat it out of you, but don't budge. You can then name your APR and they will scramble to find favors from people to extend the loan to you themselves. There is alot of money to be made in lending. Take one look at www.bankrate.com and pull up an amortization table. Its kinda sad really.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

costaricandreams@hotmail.com

Hey check out my Yari pics here...
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yo! I don't need no stinken' Ferrari, cause I'm flippen' my Yari. And then I'll get another one and another one and another one..... The tale moves on..... Straight pimpen' .... in my bad ass Yari.... That's a wrap....

johnnyfive
07-14-2006, 01:41 AM
interesting...

and i like that you did come up with a rap for flipping yaris :P

Chris07LB
07-14-2006, 05:50 AM
Keep your day job, your rap game needs help, lol. :tongue:

boxerboy
07-14-2006, 06:07 AM
I put down a deposit with not obligation yo buy. The dealer called me every week and told me when it was to arrive. It came in sooner than they thought. The vins from toyota.com did not match the vin# of my car.

bikergal
07-14-2006, 07:26 AM
So let me get this right... you are pretty much taking someone elses car out from under them and you are happy about that? Then you go off and sell the car for profit?

Unbelieveable :thumbdown:

Very sad :rolleyes:

fearturtle44
07-14-2006, 07:48 AM
I think Mr. Dreams should run for Congress. He would fit right in.....

Kevin

costaricandreams
07-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I imagine there are some dealerships out there that don't break their promise to the customers. An exception to the rule always exists. But I would say that 9.5 times out of 10, they will end up screwing you six ways to Sunday if they can. After all, its only their job right? Those people who believe their dealership truly cares about them have been snowballed into a bag of crap larger than a SUV purchase.

boxerboy
07-14-2006, 09:08 AM
I imagine there are some dealerships out there that don't break their promise to the customers. An exception to the rule always exists. But I would say that 9.5 times out of 10, they will end up screwing you six ways to Sunday if they can. After all, its only their job right? Those people who believe their dealership truly cares about them have been snowballed into a bag of crap larger than a SUV purchase.
This is pretty much true. The dealer can make or break any future sales. My Toyota and Lexus dealer seem to be looking down the road, the long haul. They don't want to sell you one car they want to sell you all your cars. The first dealer I went to lied big time so I said see ya. That dealer has changed owners three times in the last 7 years.

fnkngrv
07-14-2006, 11:03 AM
The dealership that I went thru and I purchased from was awesome and was only late by 1 day on getting me the car...I gave them 72 hours to find my Yaris S and they did it...They didn't dick me around and even gave me a Red Lobster lunch so I guess they are part of your .5 that don't dick you around....or I got very very lucky.

60 Somethings
07-14-2006, 01:01 PM
Dealer here in Vancouver, WA treated us very nicely. Of course we were dealing with the fleet mgr, and we had just bought a new 4Runner V8 from him two months before.

Didn't ask for a credit card "deposit" or credit approval or anything - delivered our fully loaded Yaris (everything but Alloys) in about 9 days (It had just arrived on the ship in the port of Portland (OR). (We represented a known quantity at that point, so he apparently dispensed with the normal BS.)

We got it for $500 under MSRP - could have even been a few hundred lower if I had been sharper, but I figure he earned the extra $ finding and delivering an absolutely great, hard to find car.

When we arrived to pick it up, it was parked out front with a SOLD sign in the window with both the salesman's and customer's name on it. As we walked out the door to get into it, a salesman and a potential customer were peeking in it's windows.

We have only seen ONE other liftback in the 2 months+ we have owned ours - it was parked on the street down in Portland.

boxerboy
07-14-2006, 03:25 PM
Toyota wants every ones buying experience to be pleasant. Some dealers really worry about that.

Ran Kizama
07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow, a real scam artist at work here. I don't really think you have anything positive to add to this forum. If I were a mod, you'd be banned already.

JustJo
07-14-2006, 05:32 PM
When I was at the dealership one time they were prepping a lb and they wouldn't even let me sit in it because it belonged to someone else, all I could do was look.

fred812
07-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Yes I agreed Just joe!
I was at my local dealer and they were RECON as the call it (prep)primpa yaris. And the only reason they let me open the doors and look was the recon guys had seen me so many times they thought it was my yaris, when they found out it wasnt mine they really got defensive, which I appreciated! They better do that for my baby!!
F

sroberts
07-15-2006, 12:06 AM
After talking with a guy by email who wants to buy my Yari, I have decided to share some fun details on how you can cut in line of those who have a security deposit.

I just feel bad for that girl who came in looking for her Yaris that morning. She looked so sad as they gave her another brochure.

:mad: Man,you are one screwed up person with no ethics. If I knew a dealership was going to do that to someone or told me they were going to do that, I would walk right out the door and go somewhere else. And whats worse you are trying to encourage it. :thumbdown: I wouldn't do that to anyone nor would I want it done to me.....

Dylanby
07-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Really didn't need it posted it in four separate threads either.

TRD_Yaris
07-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Good writeup! YOU'RE gonna get flamed for it, but if people don't wanna know how to play the game, get off the f**king merry-go-round!

I did (basically) the same thing without "cutting in line". I demanded what i wanted, found it myself, and allowed the local stealership to arrange the transfer...:clap:
it sucks watching so many people wait when all they gotta do i a bit of research. You've told them how, atleast. If they choose not to take your full advice, that's their problem.

sroberts
07-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Good writeup! YOU'RE gonna get flamed for it, but if people don't wanna know how to play the game, get off the f**king merry-go-round!

What game? Patience, planning, ethics? Pretty sad world we live in when we have to act like animals to get something. :rolleyes: If you played the "game", as you so arrogantly put it, it is actually ordering a car and waiting for it. That IS the game and no one has to wait a long time. Seems to me that the only people that are waiting more then a month for their Yarii are the ones getting them sold out from under them by some dumb@ss dealerships and greedy buyers. The rest are only waiting about a month. Get it?

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 01:51 PM
LOL. Ethics and acting like animals? Ethics have no place in the art of buying or selling a car. Those who believe it does are getting ripped off!
We are talking about the accumulation of a depreciable asset, not cheating on your wife.

Get a grip people! Go stop the war or something!

Oh yeah, you better not fall asleep waiting in line for a PS3. I'll snatch that out from under you also. Before you actually pay for it of course. Anything else would be well.... just plain wrong.

boxerboy
07-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Costar do you still have the car?

PixieDawn
07-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Well ethics worked for me I only paid $200.00 over invoice with the conv package, I also got free mats & mudguards in the deal ...I mean I waited for 4 weeks.. but hey I got the price, color, and intrest rate i wanted and I can still sleep at night.. to me being slow and steady won the race.....the world is to much of a rat race already way add to it...in 8mnths time there will be so many Yarii's around you wont be able to count them:thumbup:

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Yes. I still have the car and plan on keeping it for a long time to come. But like anything else I own without a pulse. It can be yours for a price.

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the purchase Pixie. It's a sweet ride for the price. And 200 over invoice is awsome! They didn't stick you with the ToyoGuard did they? Post some pics for us.

PixieDawn
07-15-2006, 04:38 PM
nope no toy gaurd just the cov package.. just like I asked I didnt want to wait for the power package...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/pixiedawn_2007/frontyariscopy.jpg

more mods on the way :thumbup:

Chris07LB
07-15-2006, 06:40 PM
nope no toy gaurd just the cov package.. just like I asked I didnt want to wait for the power package...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g242/pixiedawn_2007/frontyariscopy.jpg

more mods on the way :thumbup:

Looks great in black on the 15's! :headbang:

boxerboy
07-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Yes. I still have the car and plan on keeping it for a long time to come. But like anything else I own without a pulse. It can be yours for a price.
not surprised :iono:

sroberts
07-15-2006, 07:42 PM
not surprised :iono:

LOL

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow. That black Yari is the shit! Maybe I can give my wife the red one and snatch up another one like yours.

60 Somethings
07-15-2006, 08:23 PM
PixieDawn,

That is one good looking Yaris!

The only LB we saw before committing on ours was a Black one destined for the rental fleet; someone had left it unlocked on the dealer's back lot.

FYI: A Red LB was featured today on the front page of the Oregonian's (Portland, OR) Saturday automobile section. The reviewer insisted he had gotten 43 MPG in mixed driving throughout the week. We have only seen 35-38 MPG in out 5-speed LB, but we drive is rather spiritedly - Italian Style!

Had four people in it today - about 600 lbs total - ran like a champ! Going up hill, 40 MPH (that's 4,100 RPM) is the best shift point in 2nd. It runs away from most other cars in traffic. Sort of like our '79 Fiesta (1.6L) or our '71 ALFA Romeo Berlina 4DR Sedan (1.75L). If you drive it right it is NOT slow or underpowered, as most reviewers seem to think.

PixieDawn
07-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for all the kind words... wait till its all fixed up it will look hot :).. again I LOVE THE BLACK.. the paint is ooooo ummm sparklie.. lol i will try to get a pic of it for you guys, is all the paint on the yaris have glitter under tones... the black is actually multi-colored prisim colored glittery stuff in the sun then in the shade it casts this silver under tone.. very cool ... if you guys havent seen the black in person its hot.. :thumbup:

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 08:34 PM
On my drive to the beach last weekend, we managed to pull 53 MPG! It blew my mind. I mean, we've been babying the heck out of it, trying to get through the break-in period. Very slow acceleration, windows up, the A/C on low and traveling about 60 MPH the whole way. I just hope the mileage lasts.

costaricandreams
07-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Nope. My red is just shiny and red. It looks sweet. But I think you have what they call metallic paint. I believe it actually costs more than regular flat paint. Its the kind of paint they use on that MTV show "Pimp My Ride."

TRD_Yaris
07-16-2006, 04:28 AM
What game? Patience, planning, ethics? Pretty sad world we live in when we have to act like animals to get something. :rolleyes: If you played the "game", as you so arrogantly put it, it is actually ordering a car and waiting for it. That IS the game and no one has to wait a long time. Seems to me that the only people that are waiting more then a month for their Yarii are the ones getting them sold out from under them by some dumb@ss dealerships and greedy buyers. The rest are only waiting about a month. Get it?

LOL. Ethics and acting like animals? Ethics have no place in the art of buying or selling a car. Those who believe it does are getting ripped off!
We are talking about the accumulation of a depreciable asset, not cheating on your wife.

Get a grip people! Go stop the war or something!

Oh yeah, you better not fall asleep waiting in line for a PS3. I'll snatch that out from under you also. Before you actually pay for it of course. Anything else would be well.... just plain wrong.

hehe, answered my question for me. i don't mean to make light of you guys' situation, but this is a GAME!! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT, GET READ Y TO WAIT IN LINE. CUZ GUESS WHAT?! THE DEALERSHIP PLAYS THIS GAME. AS DO THE SMART BUYERS!

boxerboy
07-16-2006, 05:49 AM
Everything in life is a game. How well you play depends on how well you do. That does not mean how well you screw somebody over. If the dealer plays well you will come back to play again.

Chris07LB
07-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Everything in life is a game. How well you play depends on how well you do. That does not mean how well you screw somebody over. If the dealer plays well you will come back to play again.

Exactly. And what goes around comes around... Karma can be a real son 'of a bitch sometimes! :evil:

TRD_Yaris
07-16-2006, 11:43 PM

no offense, but i'm not screwing anybody (well, the creator of the thread does attest to it..but not me). If the dealer backs out on delivering your new car because I come in and offer to buy it on the spot, he's not going to tell me nor would I be able to do anything about it. I kNOW for a FACT that dealerships do this, that's why WE are telling you not to give them money UNTIL they show you a car. If EVERYONE did this, they couldn't pull this kinda crap. But, a lot of you people will continue to play the dealerships game and you will end up getting played by them. It's YOU people that need to change, not us (well, the other guy might need to feel a bit bad for taking that girls car..well, not so much for taking it as making fun of her crying...:cry: :laugh: ).
I agree with EVERYTHING he says with the exception of feeling bad about other people getting pushed down the line. COME ON PEOPLE, LEARN HOW TO BARTER, BARGAIN..hell, just learn how to cover your own a$$ and we will all be good.

boxerboy
07-17-2006, 05:51 PM
None taken. I really did not want to do this but I am going to call :bs: on half of what he said. First he said he going to buy a car to resell at a profit. Yes the Yaris is the perfect car.:clap: Now he can't sell it but it works out great because his car craps out, so he gets to keep it. Toyota.com is a sales tool. My car never showed on toyota.com and I checked everyday. Its next to impossible to pin point a car but he does. Now a salesman will not do squat for you unless you give them money. (unless you know them personally) I got my car be for a whole stack of people who said find me one with no money down. I doubt they have one yet. When one salesman gets a deposit from a customer thats his customer. When that car comes in it his customer's. Another salesman will not take his car and sell it to a walkin. That will cause a fight. This is my experience, I have bought 20+ new cars ( most Toyotas) in the last 25 years.:help: Any way would you want to buy a car from a dealer who will screw someone for you. They will screw you to. Just remeber cars are wants if you want you will get screwed, the nature of the beast. Now if you are that clever you would not have a car crap out on you and have to bum a ride with your wife. ( refer to other thread red yaris for sale) I am by no means the brights light in the hall. This is just my experience. :iono:

costaricandreams
07-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Yes, I am clever enough to understand the joys of car ownership without a monthly payment! {Savings, a house on the beach in Costa Rica, no DEBT!, investing in something that actually goes up in value.} My old (paid for) car died and I decided to buy a new car, because repair costs were starting to ruin my payment free lifestyle and become a nuisance.

I learned about the Yaris after doing some research. Then I discovered how ridiculously difficult they were to find in a latchback/manual/power package. 4 weeks passed and no dealer could guarantee a delivery date. The only thing they could guarantee was how they could take my deposit money. Those 4 weeks I shared a car with my wife, got sick and tired of hearing lies from the sleazerships, and didn't want to settle for a corolla/scion(Yuk!). So I learned how to play a chump card to the dealer as discussed above and get what I wanted, when I wanted it.

Afterwords, I realized how much work I put into finding the car and decided that someone would probably pay to avoid the hassle I had gone through to have their car TODAY! I don't know how in the hell you bought 20+ cars over the last 25 years, but it sounds like a load of shit to me. If they were all for you, I know a great investment guy. He could really help you redirect some of that money you are throwing away on new cars into something more profitable.

boxerboy
07-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I bet a lot of things sound like a pant load to you.:thumbsup:

costaricandreams
07-20-2006, 07:45 AM
WTF?

NickNickNick
07-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I think they probably placed that Yaris out on the lot with hopes someone would come in a pay for it that morning. I'm sure they have plenty of cars to sell to people who are willing to pay up front that day.

Toyota is probably licking their chops, rejoicing in the popularity of this car, because they can make money hand over fist, selling them off the lot for cash that day.

boxerboy
07-20-2006, 04:57 PM
So if your old car died, then you decided to buy a new car, then you decided to sell that one. :iono: WTF, yea I know.., well what is it? Look, who cares. You can write anything on here and it could be BS. I have bought way to many cars. I can afford them. So what. Here is the point, I don't save large amounts of money or invest large amounts. I don't care I have always got more than I needed. I love cars... Not a crime. I live for this day, thats about it. Sorry if that does not help you . :wink:

sroberts
07-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Guys, give it up, he is a lost cause. Just do what I did, put him on your ignore list. Go to User CP and then click on Buddy/Ignore list. Works great :)

costaricandreams
07-21-2006, 08:22 AM
I care boxerboy!

Unlike you, I don't have large amounts of dispensable income to toss out my car window. Selling the car would empower me to buy another one, because its a kick ass car, and pay off the principal balance even lower to begin with. This would help me reach my goals in life --> Less interest expense = more savings = earlier retirement = pura vida = living more effectively only for this day by saving and planning for it yesterday.

I agree with sroberts. Please add me to your ignore list. If you are unable to hold a logical argument, then give up! CAR DEALERS ARE SLEAZE-BAGS!!!

You can read all over the place on this website and find people's sob stories about not getting their Yaris. And the times they do get one, but its not loaded like they ordered. You should never trust a thief/salesperson or stealership with your money. If you want the car before the new year, then you are going to need to find it yourself. At least, now you know how to get one.

Idjiit
07-21-2006, 08:35 AM
CAR DEALERS ARE SLEAZE-BAGS!!!

This, coming from a guy advocating that you screw another person out of the car they were waiting for just so you can get it when you want it.

costaricandreams
07-21-2006, 08:39 AM
They screwed themselves when they trusted a car dealer!

Idjiit
07-21-2006, 08:51 AM
They screwed themselves when they trusted a car dealer!

Whatever lets you sleep at night, dude.

Violin
07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
You reap what you sow.

sroberts
07-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I think he just needs the attention... :iono:

YarisTuners.com
07-21-2006, 07:35 PM
....playing the dealers game, eh? Gotta love it. How about when they rip some guys gullible wife off? I've seen some people walk into car dealerships and see something they like and just sign away without any negotiating..they deserve to get screwed over once in a while. Car salesmen are pigs

NickNickNick
07-21-2006, 08:55 PM
My dealer never once tried to screw me, got me financing at the prime rate, no interest for three months with no money down, and then at the end asked if I wanted him to throw in some tinting for free. When the Yaris didn't show up the day it was supposed to (in the middle of a Saskatchewan blizzard) he offered to drive up to the city it was coming from (3 hours away) to get the car for me. I have nothing but good things to say, and because of the service and deal I received, he insured that I will take my Yaris into the Toyota dealership for all its servicing, and probably continue to buy Toyotas for the rest of my life.

boxerboy
07-22-2006, 06:14 AM
My dealer never once tried to screw me, got me financing at the prime rate, no interest for three months with no money down, and then at the end asked if I wanted him to throw in some tinting for free. When the Yaris didn't show up the day it was supposed to (in the middle of a Saskatchewan blizzard) he offered to drive up to the city it was coming from (3 hours away) to get the car for me. I have nothing but good things to say, and because of the service and deal I received, he insured that I will take my Yaris into the Toyota dealership for all its servicing, and probably continue to buy Toyotas for the rest of my life.

Thats the right way. Tell you what you are going to get, what it cost and deliver.:w00t:

costaricandreams
07-22-2006, 10:42 AM
The whole game sucks. It would be so much easier if they played it the Carmax way. There is a price on the window and that's what you pay. But no, there's the MSRP price, invoice price, dealer holdback, clear coat sealents (Toyoguard) and other various ways they find to stick it to you. I'd rather work the drive-thru at McDonalds than be a car salesman.