PDA

View Full Version : Ordered my silver lining YRX today !

Hocc
07-17-2006, 10:02 AM
YEAHHHH ! so happy my daddy and mum put in the deposit for the yaris today and i can pick up in maybe 3 days later !!!! i was planning for a white one since i like its clean and simple look. but only this colour avaliable cos someone preordered but they can't work out the money. i am really wondering how it will look like ....

will it be something like this????

BTW i want those tail lights.....anyone know where can we get them in aus?

ECHOKnight2000
07-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Those I taillights I believe are JDM spec...so you might have to order on line from Japan...but don't quote me on that. Oh congrats!!

Sp33dY
07-17-2006, 05:20 PM
G'DAY hocc .... are you on Ozyaris.com (oztoyota) forums at all?

I dont know of anyone selling them locally yet, but there are heaps of peoples you could go through to find some from Yahoo Auctions Japan. Which part of Australia are you from?

as400g33k
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Good for you, mate! Welcome to the forums. I've got a silver-lining YRS-spec Yaris. Check out the Photo-Video section on what it looks like.

Hocc
07-17-2006, 07:42 PM
I am from sydney in eastwood. wondering where u get urs from? i got it in terry shields paramatta. and they selling me this six star solutions where it has life time warranty to keep the exterior paint of the car forever shinny and it doesn't need wax later in life? and it cost $699aus and in sales now otherwise 899? wonder does it really do its job and it can really protectes the car?

Chris07LB
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM
AWESOME COLOR CHOICE!

I too want those tail lights.. in fact I'll also take the bumpers, side skirts, and wheels.. :drool:

tca4
07-18-2006, 05:37 PM
I dont think the YRX comes with the JDM rear bumper + rear fog lights?? or does it

Chris07LB
07-18-2006, 06:28 PM
The pic he posted is the TS Concept Yaris.

I believe he was just using the picture for the color reference. :smile:

as400g33k
07-18-2006, 07:52 PM
I'm in Adelaide, mate. That 6 star solution sounds like a paint protection system that's usually a clear coat application on top of the car's original paint. They don't do it at the dealer as they usually outsource it to a preferred 3rd party company, like Wynn's. If you really want one, shop around for other companies that offer the same service and compare the price. You may find a cheaper one there.

As for the never-wax or never-lose-its-shine claim with the paint protection system, I don't believe it IMO. Clear coat or not, the only way to maintain a car's shiny lustre is to maintain it. That means washing it and the occasional polishing and waxing of the paint.

HTH

Hocc
07-18-2006, 07:53 PM
nah yrx does come with it... i am just refering to the colours.....
BTW i am a SHE ...hehehe:tongue:

Hocc
07-18-2006, 08:00 PM
I'm in Adelaide, mate. That 6 star solution sounds like a paint protection system that's usually a clear coat application on top of the car's original paint. They don't do it at the dealer as they usually outsource it to a preferred 3rd party company, like Wynn's. If you really want one, shop around for other companies that offer the same service and compare the price. You may find a cheaper one there.

As for the never-wax or never-lose-its-shine claim with the paint protection system, I don't believe it IMO. Clear coat or not, the only way to maintain a car's shiny lustre is to maintain it. That means washing it and the occasional polishing and waxing of the paint.

HTH

Thanks mate !!! i was half interested in it then after u said i will just ignore it .... cos 700 for a life time and i think in max i drive this for 10yrs means 70 bucks per yr... in car wash only extra 20 bucks for waxing and including cleaning the interior ....so i decide is not worth it !!!

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 04:43 PM
I too want the tail lights. I know i'm probably late on this, but has anybody considered a group buy since they are probably really expensive? Of course we would have to find a dealer to purchase them for us I guess.

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 04:44 PM
O yeah...by the way....i think I saw another post on here that showed the two cars (3 door and 5 door) to be the same size. Does this mean that the ground effecte would fit?

boxerboy
07-22-2006, 04:53 PM
Good for you Hocc. Thats a great car. Love and respect your parents.:w00t:

ECHOKnight2000
07-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks mate !!! i was half interested in it then after u said i will just ignore it .... cos 700 for a life time and i think in max i drive this for 10yrs means 70 bucks per yr... in car wash only extra 20 bucks for waxing and including cleaning the interior ....so i decide is not worth it !!!

From what I'm interpeting, its sounds like the dealer is trying to sell you extra stuff, its "normal" for them to push all these deals and what not on you, especially a first time buyer, they did it too me when I got my ECHO new. So would I go for it? No its a sales gimick, but I guess you figured that.:thumbsup:

Chris07LB
07-22-2006, 07:31 PM
O yeah...by the way....i think I saw another post on here that showed the two cars (3 door and 5 door) to be the same size. Does this mean that the ground effecte would fit?

If you mean the side rocker skirts, YES.

Chaad32
07-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I would never buy the addons at the dealer (rustproof, paint protectant, undercoating), this is just a way for the dealer to recoup some of the cost from any talkdown and negotiating. The cars come with an undercoating and rustproofing from the factory and a warentee too. As far as the paint protectant goes....I call it good wax.

Chris07LB
07-23-2006, 06:18 PM
I would never buy the addons at the dealer (rustproof, paint protectant, undercoating), this is just a way for the dealer to recoup some of the cost from any talkdown and negotiating. The cars come with an undercoating and rustproofing from the factory and a warentee too. As far as the paint protectant goes....I call it good wax.

....but a sucker is born every day, and thats what they HOPE for.

No offence of course to anyone that bought into those packages. :tongue: