PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled my order ... tired

rchowelljm
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM
I got a call from the dealership saying that the car was on its way. After about 2 weeks I got another call saying my black loaded Yaris automatic liftback was at the dealership. Went there same evening ... very tired. We walked around and when I finally found it it was a 4 door Yaris sedan with nothing in common with the car I ordered except for the color. I am fed up with the dealer and with Toyota for having me put so much effort into spending my own money. The dealer was rude and unpleasant on top of it. With all the calling around I have not found 1 dealer that was not trying to tell me some bag of crap. Maybe they traded my car, I don't know ! What I do know is that I am done wasting my time (I am just plain tired). I waited 2 months, placed my $500 deposit, and it appears to me that the car was never ordered. I can't imagine the car could have been ordered and have been so different.
Anyway, thanks guys for putting up with my venting! I will probably get the Nissan Versa ... its a nice looking car. Have fun with your Yaris' everyone.

redglare45
07-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Sorry you had a bad experience

asa805
07-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Have you called your Toyota dist center or the headquarters or someth ign to complain! I wouldnt deal with that kind of service. its bad enough dealers are assholes trying to make a sale... but you put down money and put an order in for you and wasted alot of your time. I wou ld seriously place a call and speak to someone high up and complaiun and complain until something is done. I know you are tired but how can you just let them treat you like that?

Not to mention that the guy was rude to you. I hope you have his name and information. id be on the phone with the sales manager asap and threaten him that you will whatever it takes to make sure that dealership gets reported to the higher ups unless they get you your car and FAST!

Just my 2 cents. I dont let people push me around like that.

btw. what dealership did u order from???

ECHOKnight2000
07-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Have you called your Toyota dist center or the headquarters or someth ign to complain! I wouldnt deal with that kind of service. its bad enough dealers are assholes trying to make a sale... but you put down money and put an order in for you and wasted alot of your time. I wou ld seriously place a call and speak to someone high up and complaiun and complain until something is done. I know you are tired but how can you just let them treat you like that?

Not to mention that the guy was rude to you. I hope you have his name and information. id be on the phone with the sales manager asap and threaten him that you will whatever it takes to make sure that dealership gets reported to the higher ups unless they get you your car and FAST!

Just my 2 cents. I dont let people push me around like that.

btw. what dealership did u order from???

ditto:thumbsup:

TRD_Yaris
07-19-2006, 12:58 AM
I got a call from the dealership saying that the car was on its way. After about 2 weeks I got another call saying my black loaded Yaris automatic liftback was at the dealership. Went there same evening ... very tired. We walked around and when I finally found it it was a 4 door Yaris sedan with nothing in common with the car I ordered except for the color. I am fed up with the dealer and with Toyota for having me put so much effort into spending my own money. The dealer was rude and unpleasant on top of it. With all the calling around I have not found 1 dealer that was not trying to tell me some bag of crap. Maybe they traded my car, I don't know ! What I do know is that I am done wasting my time (I am just plain tired). I waited 2 months, placed my $500 deposit, and it appears to me that the car was never ordered. I can't imagine the car could have been ordered and have been so different.
Anyway, thanks guys for putting up with my venting! I will probably get the Nissan Versa ... its a nice looking car. Have fun with your Yaris' everyone.

i'm really sorry to hear this. sadly, Toyota has lost a lot of loyal customers by treating us like SH!T just because they have more demand than supply for once... I will never buy another Toyota after this, atleast not without punching the salesperson in the nutz, first.

Have you looked at the Scion xA?? it comes standard with the PW,PL,P.Mirrors,Pioneer 6 speaker CD, ABS, and cruise i believe...for just $13,320 (for manual..add about $800-1000 for automatic)..that's ony $1105 more than a Yaris liftback WITHOUT PW,PL,P.mirrors,ABS, 6 speaker system, TINT, REMOTE ENTRY...i don't see why the Yaris is priced so close to the Scion xA.

toyota sucks nutz.

I'm still annoyed with myself for having bought a Yaris when the xA was a MUCH BETTER deal, with the exception of it being 5 door which is a BIG no-no for me..you would think a 3 door would be cheaper to build especially without power options..

bulldogs2k
07-19-2006, 03:38 AM
i agree, same thing happened to my gf! we btched to the manager and threatened to call radio stations if they didnt give back our money. Turns out they never placed the order! My gf found a car with our specs in 5 minutes tops on line. called the dealer, which gave us a better price and got the 500 dollar deposit back. you can always threaten to sue. :)

boxerboy
07-19-2006, 05:06 AM
Thats sad. Even if you don't get a toyota complain to Toyota. There is no benifit to treating you like that.

asa805
07-19-2006, 08:29 AM
looking at other threads out there it could be possible that your dealer sold your car to someone else for a higher cost. Maybe you can check with toyota to see if an order was made on it? Did they give you a vin number or anything after you ordered? Seriously man.... do something!

stuffy
07-19-2006, 08:36 AM
you guys in the states seem to be getting dicked around big time, i'm glad i didn't have that experience trying to get my car, for a small practical car you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it.
i think toyota misjudged the demand for the hatch in the states, they probably over-produced the sedan, so are trying to unload them on people who want a hatch.

fearturtle44
07-19-2006, 12:35 PM
you guys in the states seem to be getting dicked around big time, i'm glad i didn't have that experience trying to get my car, for a small practical car you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it.
i think toyota misjudged the demand for the hatch in the states, they probably over-produced the sedan, so are trying to unload them on people who want a hatch.

I think the problem not only did Toyota misjudge the demand, but also the HIGH price of gas probably made MANY more people think about a Yaris than a Camry or Accord. Also, I think you will find that most new car years, the production is limited in order to generate a "hard to get and therefore it must be a great car" notion. Had the same "problem" on my Scion tC.

Kevin

swng
07-19-2006, 06:22 PM
It is always sad to learn that someone has to cancel an order!

07WYarisRS
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Wow
Sorry to hear about your troubles...
but the blame is with the dealership and the sales reps not Toyota overall.
One person may run a dealership a lot better then the next...
My dealership jumped through hoops for us when we were looking and even helped us sell our truck.

I walked into my dealer told them what I wanted
2007, White or black Yaris RS, loaded, with Auto trans.
They gave me two options, wait for one to come in off the boat (could be 3 months) or take one from another dealership that had to be delivered..
I filled out the papper work on a Friday and picked it up Monday with less then 100 km on it.
Because it had mileage on it I got a free tank of fuel and two oil changes free.

ricko
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't care if you are buying a Ferrari or a toaster oven, a customer deserves to be treated with honesty and respect. I would WRITE (not phone), the dealership owner, the manager, the district sales manager, in fact everyone I can think short of Bozo the Clown. If you fire enough shots, you may just hit something!!!!!!

rchowelljm
07-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the support. I will probably write a letter to Toyota ... I would like to first see if they will give any probs with getting back my deposit so that I can make a single complaint. I went there on Sunday to cancel and was told that they can't refund me on the weekend I will have to wait until a weekday. I am giving them this week. How can I find out if the order was ever placed? Be that as it may, I feel that I have been insulted by Toyota and not treated like a paying customer. I just can't bring myself to give Toyota my money, even through another dealer, after my experience with them. I am not so much disappointed anymore (although still upset), the Versa is pretty nice and I like the options. Maybe not as unique as the Yaris, which I have been dreaming about for a while, but the seats are soooo comfortable. Thanks again!

Billstein
07-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the support. I am giving them this week. How can I find out if the order was ever placed? Be that as it may, I feel that I have Thanks again!

I have ordered one and checked into ordering one from another dealer, only one needed a "copy" of a check for 200.00 , And they said this was just to show proof to Toyota that a real person had ordered and not just a dealer stockpiling. Sounded reasonable to me.
Well after reading this, I would like to know how to see if they ordered one for me or are just making me wait till one happenes to come in. I have been told that I will get the Vin# as soon as the car is built and loaded on the ship. I have been doing the search everyday and have found quite a few Hatchs with power they were just to far away. I have seen a few on the road and damn they look good. Good luck Bill