PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered my Yaris today

Snowflake
07-19-2006, 09:12 PM
So far It's been nothing but sheer frustration with my dealer. I feel like I've been yanked around and mislead. I'm ordering one from the factory thru my dealer, but this is the last straw. If it doesn't come in within the 90 days then I'm asking for my deposit back and cancelling my order.

Red Liftback
5 speed
Power package
Alloy wheels
Fog lights
Rear Spoiler
Keyless entry
Front and side mounted air bags
Center arm rest

Anxiously waiting...

as400g33k
07-19-2006, 09:31 PM
Good luck and hope you get yours...

Dylanby
07-19-2006, 10:42 PM
You should have given them three colour picks. Then you'd have a better chance of getting it. Just my $0.02 CAD. Good luck!

Chris07LB
07-20-2006, 08:31 AM
5-speed, with power package? Dont get your hopes up! :frown:

Many here have ordered that same combo, only to hear dealer excuesses later on.. Good luck. :thumbsup:

tds12
07-20-2006, 09:08 AM
I factory ordered nearly the same car. I'm on week 15 in the wait.

toyotafan
07-20-2006, 09:50 AM
I ordered my yaris with aero package April 6th, after delay, after delay, today i cancelled my order and picked up a 2007 Camry Hybrid could not wait anymore and keep hearing the same thing from the dealer its coming and the delivery date keep changing week after week. Toyota have a big delivery problem and customers are tired of waiting and of corse some are going else where i stayed because i am realy a toyotafan!! Good luck to all who are waiting believe me i know how you feel.

Snowflake
07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I emailed the dealer back and gave him 3 color choices and my "Option B" which is what I'm willing to live without if it makes getting the car any easier. I can't budge on the manual transmission and power pacakage though. I'll buy a Hyundai Accord if I have to :iono:

Snowflake
07-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I emailed the dealer back and gave him 3 color choices and my "Option B" which is what I'm willing to live without if it makes getting the car any easier. I can't budge on the manual transmission and power pacakage though. I'll buy a Hyundai Accord if I have to :iono:

Oops, that should be Hyundai Accent GS 3 door...

07WYarisRS
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I gotta ask...
Why not just go with the RS.
It comes with most of the stuff you listed and there would be far less delay.

It's the people like yourself that do not order a car that does come equiped with much of what you wanted, but opt instead to take a base and add all the stuff to it that slows down the process.
Almost every dealer in our area has the orange or red RS with just about everything on your list except the arm rest which BTW you can get for less $$$ off ebay.

Snowflake
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
'Cause the liftback is cuter and I'm having a mid-life crisis :wink:

I also need the liftback because overall it's shorter, and with the difference in length I can get my Subaru and the Yaris in my one car garage. It snows a lot here, and it's nice not having to go outside after a blizzard and move the car around for the guy that plows my driveway.

I don't think I'd be too happy without the power package, and I certainly am not going to pay for a car I won't be comfortable in. If I can't get what I want, I'll buy something else that I like.

07WYarisRS
07-20-2006, 03:04 PM
The Yaris RS is a Hatchback

The RS B package comes standard with 5speed, ABS, fog lamps, Spoiler, alloy wheels, Sport seats (much more comforatble then the standard seats), power windows, mirrors, locks, keyless, 60/40 sliding, tilting flat folding rear seat, upgraded sound system with 6 disk changer/MP3, rear window wiper, etc.

The reason I commented was.... becase we to were going to go with the 5 door LE but it worked out to the about the same price as the RS by the time we added all the extras we wanted. Instead of waiting 3months or more for the same basic car with out side skirts and painted mirrors, we just got the RS with the B package.
Glad we did to because IMO they look nicer then the CE/LE

Snowflake
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Must be the Canadian model, eh?
Not available in the US.

Chris07LB
07-20-2006, 06:46 PM
The Yaris RS is a Hatchback

The RS B package comes standard with 5speed, ABS, fog lamps, Spoiler, alloy wheels, Sport seats (much more comforatble then the standard seats), power windows, mirrors, locks, keyless, 60/40 sliding, tilting flat folding rear seat, upgraded sound system with 6 disk changer/MP3, rear window wiper, etc.

The reason I commented was.... becase we to were going to go with the 5 door LE but it worked out to the about the same price as the RS by the time we added all the extras we wanted. Instead of waiting 3months or more for the same basic car with out side skirts and painted mirrors, we just got the RS with the B package.
Glad we did to because IMO they look nicer then the CE/LE

Read his Location.. he's in the US.

Maine = Just south of you eastern Canadian folk. :tongue:

weeze-dog
07-20-2006, 08:40 PM
I ordered my yaris with aero package April 6th, after delay, after delay, today i cancelled my order and picked up a 2007 Camry Hybrid could not wait anymore and keep hearing the same thing from the dealer its coming and the delivery date keep changing week after week. Toyota have a big delivery problem and customers are tired of waiting and of corse some are going else where i stayed because i am realy a toyotafan!! Good luck to all who are waiting believe me i know how you feel.

Uhhh thats a big jump, the camry hybrid STARTS at $25,900 compared to $10,950 for the yaris. Thats a hell of a big difference, you could have gotten 2 Yarii.

toyotafan
07-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Yes about ten thousand more, but same miles per gallon as yaris infact more miles per gallon in the city with the hybrid camry, and of course a bigger car Its a shame toyota cant get there act together with the Yaris delivery times im sure they are losing customers.