Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
jetlag 5000

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2003 Mazda 5 2005
GB - Service Schedule @ 60k

Hello all, does anyone have a detailed service schedule for a 1.0 Litre Yaris. Times are indeed tough this side of the pond- and my neighbour; a really good technician/mechanic has agreed to service it.

I have always followed the schedule (even at my local NON Toyota) garage, whom of course can print-out the schedule from their CD ROM.

I certainly cannot afford TOYOTA prices .. they REALLY do take the P++ and their £65.00+ (aprox $98) an hour - Labour CHARGE !!!!

We are saving like mad for that soon to come holiday in our favourite destination FLORIDA !!!!

Some things are worth waiting for......

Kind regards

Andrew Buchan (Basher)
jetlag 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 AM   #2
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
damn it! when will you Brits realize we Floridians don't like you!

nah just kidding!!!! welcome to the site!!!

and you can come back to Florida on one condition: you bring me some HP sauce hehe.

anyways PK, the one who already answered you, just had this similar service performed.
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
jetlag 5000

Thank you for that - the information is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
here it is from toyota canada, i suspect its the same kind of service in UK:
http://xws.xtime.com/xmmmenu/?varian...estimate=false

let me know if the site is working for you. you should be able to see on top three tabs: Recommendations, Full Schedule, Mileage Grid.

select Full Schedule
Old 08-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
jetlag 5000

Yeah I DON'T really like Florida it is TOO hot.

Ha....... not really just kidding!!!! How possibly can I say it is too hot when we have such SH++TE horrible weather, here ?

How do you know of HP SAUCE?

A well known fact that here in blighty, is as follows;
1 - A Bacon Sandwich
2 - HP Sauce
3 - And the biggest fresh white bun - FACT
A bacon Sandwich ONLY goes with HP Sauce !!

Now let me think - I am going bring a bottle of HP sauce 5000 Miles across the Atlantic; that's if customs let me and it's not their BACON SANDWICH day ?? and Manchester Airport Customs are really strict (not that I would want it any other way) of course.
So what is it worth?

NB: This is our 6th time to FL. Totally love it. And you guys are the most welcoming people we have ever come across... PERIOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
damn it! when will you Brits realize we Floridians don't like you!

nah just kidding!!!! welcome to the site!!!

and you can come back to Florida on one condition: you bring me some HP sauce hehe.

anyways PK, the one who already answered you, just had this similar service performed.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I listed in that thread what the Toyota manual requires for 60K here in the US for my Yaris LB, if that's what you're asking.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19918

Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post

You need to try England's secret gastronomic weapon MARMITE Also goes good on a bacon butty.
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
jetlag 5000

Thx for reply .. I've just been reading your thread. It is the same for here in the UK. The only differences if you lived up a mountain and or lived in dusty desert areas, where the service might change slighty.

Toyota might be good - BUT they charge a premium. It is finding that good local garage whom are trustworthy? I called my local Toyota garage (bloody miserable beggars) and was quoted £250 GBP about $376.00 ap
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I listed in that thread what the Toyota manual requires for 60K here in the US for my Yaris LB, if that's what you're asking.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19918

Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
jetlag 5000

Mmmmmmm sorry not me. erm yuk !!! lol some folk love it. I think it looks like ANTI-CLIMB PAINT !!! ha
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
You need to try England's secret gastronomic weapon MARMITE Also goes good on a bacon butty.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag 5000 View Post
Thx for reply .. I've just been reading your thread. It is the same for here in the UK. The only differences if you lived up a mountain and or lived in dusty desert areas, where the service might change slighty.

Toyota might be good - BUT they charge a premium. It is finding that good local garage whom are trustworthy? I called my local Toyota garage (bloody miserable beggars) and was quoted £250 GBP about $376.00 ap
Thank you.
Toyota charges something like $500 for this service around there (it's on the thread, I forgot). I only ended up paying $125 or so because much of that 60K service was done less than 3 months ago when I bought the car and they put her through a complete tune-up for their Certified program. Otherwise, ouch, ouch, ouch!!! $$$
Old 08-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #10
jetlag 5000

WOW.. very expensive!! Not heard of the "Tune-up for their certified program" here??

Quote:
Toyota charges something like $500 for this service around there (it's on the thread, I forgot). I only ended up paying $125 or so because much of that 60K service was done less than 3 months ago when I bought the car and they put her through a complete tune-up for their Certified program. Otherwise, ouch, ouch, ouch!!! $$$
Old 08-05-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
tomato
Super Moderator

Well, when a car goes through their "Certified" program out here they go through a "101 check point" list or something like that (I don't have it with me so I can't tell you exactly what they do anymore, but pretty much they check everything, including body, tires, hoses, top off all the fluids, etc., etc. ) Anyway, at the time, since I was looking for a used car, I thought I'd get one that already passed a mechanical inspection and had a piece of paper that said so. As it turns out, it saved me money on the 60K tune up since everything that could possibly be done on the car was already done 3,000 miles ago when I bought it under their "certified" program.

Some forum members don't think "Certified" is worth it and there are some threads about that. but it worked for me at the time (Used Yarii were flying off the lot at the time, no sales and deals and 0% financing on new ones yet, and manual transmission especially are hard to find because out here people mostly drive autos and dealers's lots are mostly autos. Of course, the month after I bought my car, they started having sales and really good deals on new yarii. Figures.

HOw is your Yaris treating you at 60K Km? Mine is running like clockwork. Whoever had it before me took care of it.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
jetlag 5000

I get you... just had a look on "TOYOTA" - UK and it is called Toyota Approved Used Car Scheme.
I kinda think that..... and the logic is that; a person has taken their Toyota car and traded it against another Toyota Car. Now I think that speaks VOLUMES- in that the person is so happy that they have gone and got yet another Toyota- new or used- however old.

My Car @ 60k... is as tight as a drum- had many CRAP cars (non-toyota) and not a patch on it. I use it daily (60 mile commute) yeah it has a few stone chips on the front of bonnet - but it is an absolutely FANTASTIC CAR.
Even though winter here is really TUFF on cars... it does not bat an eye lid.

Quote:
Well, when a car goes through their "Certified" program out here they go through a "101 check point" list or something like that (I don't have it with me so I can't tell you exactly what they do anymore, but pretty much they check everything, including body, tires, hoses, top off all the fluids, etc., etc. ) Anyway, at the time, since I was looking for a used car, I thought I'd get one that already passed a mechanical inspection and had a piece of paper that said so. As it turns out, it saved me money on the 60K tune up since everything that could possibly be done on the car was already done 3,000 miles ago when I bought it under their "certified" program.

Some forum members don't think "Certified" is worth it and there are some threads about that. but it worked for me at the time (Used Yarii were flying off the lot at the time, no sales and deals and 0% financing on new ones yet, and manual transmission especially are hard to find because out here people mostly drive autos and dealers's lots are mostly autos. Of course, the month after I bought my car, they started having sales and really good deals on new yarii. Figures.

HOw is your Yaris treating you at 60K Km? Mine is running like clockwork. Whoever had it before me took care of it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #13
tomato
Super Moderator

Yeah, I"m really impressed when I see pics of Yarii completely covered in snow up in Canada or in the US states where they really have rough winters (California weather is a picnic).

Yeah, that's what it is. You can only find a "Certified' Toyotas at a Toyota dealership. The cars have to be a certain age and under a certain mileage, and in good to excellent mechanical condition (that's what they say at least. The guys at the service department told me (I found out about a week after I bought the car when I returned to have my alarm installed) that the woman who had my Yaris before me traded it in for another Yaris LB 4 door newer model, probably because she was getting real close to run out of original manuf. warranty (3 y / 60K) but she didn't want an upgrade, she wanted another Yaris. I think I got lucky when I found that car. knock on wood :)
Old 08-05-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
let us know how it goes, when you get what needs performed, completed!
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #15
jetlag 5000

I have only just this week, got through the post - the newer shape Yaris brochure.... slight differences externally- LED rear lights, the front end looks different- kinda softer looking, Internal - Blue Tooth, dash is different.... etc.
It looks very nice indeed

But the biggest changes are to the engine line-up.
Most now have START/STOP technology.... paddle gear shift-(auto clutch) or MMT - multi mode transmission. All in a bid to cut emmisions.
All the engines have been revised - 1.0 litre - 1.33 litre are all under 120kg C0-2 which means £35 for 1 yrs worth of car tax. Though no mention of the 1.8 litre SR ?? - which I loved... ??
My Yaris emits just 127kg C0-2 BUT yet costs £120 to tax for a year?????? where is the bloody logic??
British government want flogging-they HAMMER car drivers and expect you to jump on a bus... which does not go YOUR WAY !!!

California........ how nice. Mind it's been 28c here today... no comparison I know... it'll rain tommorow !!! though when you have to dress in black all day.... my work...it's is and gets a little uncomfortable. Not many careers require BLACK ?

Quote:
Yeah, I"m really impressed when I see pics of Yarii completely covered in snow up in Canada or in the US states where they really have rough winters (California weather is a picnic).

Yeah, that's what it is. You can only find a "Certified' Toyotas at a Toyota dealership. The cars have to be a certain age and under a certain mileage, and in good to excellent mechanical condition (that's what they say at least. The guys at the service department told me (I found out about a week after I bought the car when I returned to have my alarm installed) that the woman who had my Yaris before me traded it in for another Yaris LB 4 door newer model, probably because she was getting real close to run out of original manuf. warranty (3 y / 60K) but she didn't want an upgrade, she wanted another Yaris. I think I got lucky when I found that car. knock on wood :)
Old 08-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #16
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag 5000 View Post
Not many careers require BLACK ?
Priest?
Undertaker?
Ninja?
Grim Reaper?
Johnny Cash impersonator?
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #17
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
When you come to the states, do you rent a car...perhaps a Yaris?
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #18
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Priest?
Undertaker?
Ninja?
Grim Reaper?
Johnny Cash impersonator?
LOL. Clever Yaris!
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote