|06-22-2009, 03:58 PM||#1|
Bear Traffic Controller
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The Official "Bamboo the Yarisworld Traveler" Thread (V4)
For those who are new to YarisWorld, Bambo was our little stuffed panda friend who loved to travel. For two to three weeks, Bambo visited a different YW member and documented his travels by photo. Bambo had many harrowing adventures, including being lost in Thailand during the 2008 riots. Unfortunately, Bambo has become lost in Mexico. Luckily his twin, Bamboo, also loves to travel, and has decided to take it upon himself to continue Bambo's tradition.
The original creator of the Bambo concept was a YarisWorld member by the name of NemesisZ. NemesisZ became unreachable after the hack so *MAD DOG* volunteered to take over running the thread. Due to unforeseen circumstances, *MAD DOG* is unable to continue administering the thread. I've volunteered to take over, so let's get this going.
Bold members have had Bambo, and their posts are linked.
Red text shows Bambo's current activity.
Blue text shows Bamboo's current activity.
+(date) indicates a member's request to see Bamboo a second time around and the date in which they will lock in. For one month from request, first time requests will take precedence.
+L indicates a member's request to see Bamboo a second time around is locked. First timers can request to cut that member by PM request.
VP indicates a member who has voluntarily passed his or her turn. They will be placed immediately next in the list when they become available for a Bamboo visit.
-If you have been inactive for more than a month when your turn comes up, you will be skipped. If you return to find that you've been skipped, please PM me.
-The approximate amount of time for a visit is 2 weeks.
-You must give me your name, address and phone number before I approve that Bamboo gets sent to you. This is an extra precaution so we don't lose him again.
1. Tomato (San Francisco, CA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
2. staypuft (Chicago, IL, USA) 1
3. TinyGiant (Rochester, NH, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4
4. engelm_ (Redlands, CA, USA)
5. Zefoxe (New York, NY, USA) 1
6. TheRealEnth (Miami, FL, USA) (MIA with Bamboo I)
7. jinxor (Sydney, Australia)
8. JBougie (St Paul, MN, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
9. Darb (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,
10. silver_echo (Spokane, WA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4
11. ImportRacer88 (USA)
12. Astrogirl (Wenatchee, WA, USA)
13. Custom Lftback (Houston, TX, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
14. SIPNGAS (Southeast WI, USA) 1, 2
15. StefanVVTi & Constantin (Bucharest/Craiova, Romania).
16. kustom play (Phoenix, AZ, USA) Pics TK
17. Greenthunder (Findlay, OH, USA) 1, 2
18. RHDVIPbB (Louisville, KY, USA) VP
19. BaknBlak (Seal Beach, CA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
20. cali yaris (Woodland Hills, CA, USA) 1,
21. Treyz (Long Island, NY, USA) +LVP
22. DandiDani (Louisville, KY, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
23. enobmort42 (Daytona Beach, FL, USA)
24. Tamago (Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4
25. DevilGirl (Lehigh Valley, PA, USA) VP
26. RacerFreakXXX (Somers, NY, USA) 1
27. Cherrie (Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN, USA)
28. wiirenet (Chicago, IL, USA)
29. Coffiend (Omaha, NE, USA)
30. KCALB SIRAY (Northern Virginia, USA) +L 1
31. JBougie (Jackson, TN, USA) +L
32. KRAZGRL (Orange County, CA, USA) Returned from VP
33. bkndacn (Monterey, CA, USA)
34. sickpuppy1 (Kansas City, KS, USA)
35. fnkngrv (Northern Maine, USA)
36. henry33 (Slovakia)
37. CTScott (CT, USA)
38. Greenthunder (Findlay, OH, USA) +L
39. silver_echo (Spokane, WA, USA) +L
40. KRAZGRL (Orange County, CA, USA) +L
41. YAR1S (Nashville, TN, USA) (Arrived!)
42. RHDVIPbB (Louisville, KY, USA)
43. Jeffinthe9 (SoCal, CA, USA)
44. darb (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) +L
45. carrotCup (San Diego, CA, USA)
Home Base (East) Darb (Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
Home Base (West) Tomato (San Francisco, CA, USA)
1. Astroman (Yakima, WA, USA)
2. ChinoCharles (Hudson, OH, USA)
3. (Johnstown, PA)
4. NineCount (St. Louis, MO, USA)
5. kurokoma-kun (Tennessee) 1
6. Bob_VT (Castleton, VT, USA) 1
7. Bailout (Reno, NV, USA)
8. Doc Zaius (Ottawa, ON, Canada)[/b] 1, 2, 3
9. pandaris (Toledo, OH, USA
10. Ferret_san (Brisbane, Australia) 1
11. *MAD DOG* (Melbourne, Australia) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
12. Black Yaris (Ohio, USA) 1, 2
13. eTiMaGo (Bangkok, Thailand) 1, 2, 3
14. dvlnblkdrs (Huntington Beach, CA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
15. DeliciousYaris2007 (Upstate, NY, USA)
16. SailDesign (Rhode Island, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
17. tinymilad (St. Louis, MO, USA)
18. death is my gift (Dallas, TX, USA)
19. YamilR (GTMO, Cuba)
20. slothman86 (Kingsland, GA, USA) 1, 2, 3
21. uncleyaris (Toronto, Canada)
22. nypunk (New York, USA)
23. cali yaris (Woodland Hills, CA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4
24. Treyz (Long Island, NY, USA) 1, 2, 3
25. KCALB SIRAY (Northern Virginia, USA) 1, 2
26. jclo3313 (Woodstock, GA, USA) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
27. tk-421 (Mexico) 1, 2, 3
28. bubaa (Mexico) (MIA!)
Last edited by Darb; 03-13-2012 at 06:22 PM.
|11-02-2009, 04:16 AM||#2|
Guess who arrived at my doorstep yesterday?
I guess it's true what they say, good things come to those who wait ...
This little guy looks very much like Bambo's twin brother but he didn't say his name. What's his name?!!!
Anyway, he says hello, and asks that you all please forgive him if he doesn't write for a few days, but he's exhausted from his trip, and he just wants to chill for a few days.
Here he is, chilling on the couch right now, hooking up with some pretty cool music on TV
Last edited by tomato; 11-27-2009 at 03:38 PM.
|11-06-2009, 02:04 PM||#3|
Bamboo in San Francisco (Apple Store)
The glass stairs at Apple are kind of "famous" and tourists like to photograph them.
One thing's for sure, Bamboo really wanted an iPhone. I had a hard time getting it away from him.
Last edited by tomato; 11-27-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: replace [panda] with Bamboo
|11-06-2009, 02:05 PM||#4|
Apple store (cont'd)
OK, can I play too?
Here we go.jpg
Hey, get that %!@#$@ spammer!!
Last edited by tomato; 01-08-2010 at 11:58 PM.
|11-06-2009, 02:45 PM||#5|
Bamboo at the Ferrari store
Across the street from the Apple store is the Ferrari store.
Bamboo immediately noticed the Formula in the window, went in, introduced himself
as the YarisWorld world traveler and asked if we could take a few pictures.
The minute Bamboo said "Toyota Yaris" they treated him like a VIP
cleared the store for him, and even let him sit in the car for a minute, well kinda
Notice how proud and happy Bamboo was (4th pic)
Last edited by tomato; 11-27-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update name
|11-06-2009, 02:47 PM||#6|
That night, Bamboo went to bed and had big dreams ...
Last edited by tomato; 11-27-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: change name
|11-08-2009, 03:39 PM||#7|
Yesterday was a big day for Bamboo.
We started the day by picking up some coffee to go at the local coffee shop
(uploading more pix in a few)
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:22 PM. Reason: change name
|11-10-2009, 11:54 PM||#8|
Bamboo counts the Yarii
After getting his coffee, Bamboo decided to take a walk in the neighborhood to see how many Yarii he could find.
We know the last one isn't a Yaris, but Bamboo really liked the colors
There used to be a cute modded one Bamboo would have really liked, but he moved.
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: change name
|11-11-2009, 12:06 AM||#9|
Since we haven't had any luck at the mall last week, we decided to head out to Fisherman's Wharf (a highly touristic area of San Francisco) to see if they could find Bamboo something to wear.
The only thing we found in Bamboo's size was a pink T-shirt saying "San Francisco."
Bamboo wasn't sure about wearing pink, so we decided to keep looking.
That's OK, Bamboo made a bunch of friends that day
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:26 PM. Reason: change panda's name
|11-11-2009, 12:11 AM||#10|
Bamboo goes to Pier 39 (San Francisco)
It was a really nice day so decided to forget about the t-shirts for a while and just go sight-seeing instead.
Bamboo really wanted to see the Sea Lions at Pier 39.
Sure, Bamboo no problem. Here we are. Can you hear them bark at the tourists?
Er.. can you please turn around so we can see your face? That's better!
Can you see the Sea Lions, too? OK, I'll zoom the last shot.
Last edited by tomato; 11-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
|11-12-2009, 01:42 AM||#11|
Bambo 's Veteran's Day in San Francisco (Part 1 of 2)
Bamboo wanted to pay his respects since it's Veteran's Day.
Today Bamboo was thinking about veterans and soldiers everywhere, including some members of this board, who are serving abroad right now.
Bamboo dedicates this post and these pictures to them.
Not far from the touristic area of Fishermans' Wharf, you can visit the USS Pampanito (a WW2 submarine) and the SS JEREMIAH O'BRIEN, a Liberty ship (WW2 era).
This is everything you ever want to know about the submarine:
and this is the virtual tour:
This is the ship:
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:33 PM. Reason: formatting
|11-12-2009, 01:55 AM||#12|
Bamboo's Veteran's Day (Nov. 11) Part 2 of 2
I know it's hard to see but on one of the pictures (above and the first one below) you can see the island of Alcatraz, where they shot a couple of famous movies, including Escape from Alcatraz, with Clint Eastwood
You can visit parts of the prison, and many tourists take the ferry to the island and do the tour. We'll try to get you a better picture of Alcatraz before Bamboo leaves San Francisco.
We conclude this Veteran's Day special with a couple of pictures Bamboo insisted we take (Pic #3 of Bamboo sitting on the missile could have gotten us in trouble, but who can resist a panda World Traveler's request )
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:34 PM.
|11-14-2009, 03:36 AM||#13|
Bamboo went to his first YarisWorld official meet, in Milpitas, CA.
If you look really carefully, 3rd picture from the top down, 3rd car from the left (if you count the little piece of red car in the corner), you'll see something sticking out of the hood of a black car: that's Bamboo proudly attending his first official YarisWorld meet
Last edited by tomato; 11-23-2009 at 11:28 PM.
|11-14-2009, 02:35 PM||#15|
Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NorCal - SF
"Soundwave is superior"
|11-15-2009, 01:43 AM||#16|
OK, Bamboo visited a couple more San Francisco neighborhoods today and we're getting much closer to finding a shirt, so that's good news, because it's been a frustrating long search.
I can't stay at the computer too long today but you'll be getting pictures pretty soon.
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:36 PM.
|11-15-2009, 10:31 PM||#17|
I meant to ask someone at the Nor Cal meet to take a pic of Bamboo and me, but we started talking about cars and mods and the Bamboo was comfortably sitting on someone's hood, making new friends, and I completely spaced out, my bad.
I took this shot last week when I showed Bamboo around North Beach and Chinatown (photos will be posted shortly).
Last edited by tomato; 11-22-2009 at 09:36 PM.
|11-18-2009, 01:59 AM||#18|
Bamboo goes to Chinatown (San Francisco) (part 1)
San Francisco has one of the largest Chinese community in North America.
Don't quote me on this, but I believe it is the oldest, and the second largest, after Vancouver.
Chinatown is also one of the oldest neighborhood of San Francisco, if not the oldest.
Naturally Bamboo wanted to have a look.
He had a grand old time there, and I was surprised to discover that he speaks Chinese fluently,
and already knew some of the locals.
Have a look for yourself :)
Last edited by tomato; 11-23-2009 at 01:12 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" Thread (V3)||Darb||Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions||562||12-03-2009 02:04 AM|
|The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" thread (V2)||*MAD DOG*||Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions||529||06-22-2009 03:58 PM|
|Aftermarket rim thread vs official wheel guide||regal||Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack||1||04-01-2009 12:11 PM|
|The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" thread (V1)||nemesisz||Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions||3||11-08-2008 11:24 PM|
|Official Yarisworld Stickers thread ~||jaspie||Photo-Video-Media Gallery||37||05-15-2007 04:49 AM|