Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Drives: Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to dg4rez
Cool Got pulled over today

For my back lights:

Gave me a warning (not even a fix it ticket), and told me why they're illegal.

(must have red showing, and must be visable from 300 ft)

Me being the a-hole I am to cops, told him its more red when the lights are on buddy. And You could see them from 300 ft, if its during times that the car lights are required by law to be on.

He told me that its a $168 dollar ticket for them. I told him does he take cash? He got kinda mad at that, but told me next time I get pulled over for it, im getting the ticket... I just responded with would they take cash then?

Hes raised his voice and said, and after you have a ticket for it, next time you will get impounded. I laugh, and say, I bet they will take cash

He just rolls his eyes, and says have a good day.

"later"

Old 09-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
LOL , Are you doing to fix it ? I wouldnt, When I used to get pulled over in puerto rico I normaly knew why (Tints) they give u the option of removing them right there on the spot or take the ticket, but not always, sometimes they would make u take it off on the spot and give u the ticket as well so I would just tell em give me the damn ticket but never removed them on the spot for them, hell no, or just used "My mother is a US MARSHALL and she uses tha car as well for her protection, and some times I got away with it I was telling them the truth anyways but some didnt care. Bahh
Old 09-13-2009, 11:55 PM   #3
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
you're lucky he didnt give you a ticket.proper response would have been sorry officer wasnt aware of being out of order and thank you officer

I used to be nice to cops, and noticed I ended up with a ticket anyway.

I have noticed, from the time I have started being rude, I have gotten out of 80% of tickets. and that 20% would be getting a ticket for being in a handycap spot (didn't know it was, didn't have pole, and paint was VERY faided.) and he already had the ticket writen, when I walked out of the store. ...So if im there, I get out of the ticket.

I know someday it will probably backfire on me... but intill then... flawless victory.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
dg4rez
Gas Saver

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
LOL , Are you doing to fix it ? I wouldnt, When I used to get pulled over in puerto rico I normaly knew why (Tints) they give u the option of removing them right there on the spot or take the ticket, but not always, sometimes they would make u take it off on the spot and give u the ticket as well so I would just tell em give me the damn ticket but never removed them on the spot for them, hell no, or just used "My mother is a US MARSHALL and she uses tha car as well for her protection, and some times I got away with it I was telling them the truth anyways but some didnt care. Bahh
lol no way, its not tinted on, its not smoked... its painted, with the same color as my car. cost me enough to do it. And im not paying 120 bucks for new lights cause some pig wanted to pull me over to see if I was doing drugs in the car or something, and want to use my lights as an excuse.

Hand me a ticket, impound it for a day, its fine... they're staying on.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
Y@R15
Dude wheres my car?

Drives: 98 honda VTi
i just use my MILITARY ID and get outa 90% of mine. give them the i just got back from afghanistan story,lol.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 AM   #6
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
you lucky sob lol, i get tickets for looking at a bush while at a red light

Old 09-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg4rez View Post
Hand me a ticket, impound it for a day, its fine... they're staying on.
I like you. A true rebel. We be buds. I've been a stubborn son of a bitch for my driver/passenger sides window tint.... 3 times already

I like your attitude towards cops, I should have used that when I was attending SF State University.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #8
minired5stby

Drives: Yaris S liftback
Wow I guess Nevada is hurting for money just like California is but usually they nail you for what ever you need to fix with a speeding ticket. And not a fix it ticket by itself. How Cheeeeeeesy
Just go borrow someones tails long enough to have the ticket signed and dismissed
Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 AM   #9
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Connections help if you ever need to get it signed off ;)
I know there's more cops out on Freeways in California, but fix it ticket w/ speeding ticket? Dont know what you're talking about minired5stby...?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #10
minired5stby

I said that cause they have never stopped me on no front license plate or tinted windows by itself. The last ticket I had was for speeding and he added the window tint. He would of got me on the license plate too but I didn't have my plates yet.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Got a double myself a few days ago. 60 in a 40 and change of address. Uncorrected: $466.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #12
minired5stby

I say fight it if you have the time. Even if you don't win just be cool with the judge and he will reduce the fine.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:02 AM   #13
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Have to agree with dg4rez on not being nice to cops, but to a limit. I've gotten out of tickets by using polite words with cops but in a rude tone. I guess it makes them think I've had a bad day and they just let me go with a warning. Solid eye contact helps too.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
Old 09-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #14
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
What's the point in being a smart a$$ to the cops? You will never win.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:03 AM   #15
katchkillah
Lost

Drives: Toyota ist
no doubt especially if the idea of getting impounded and being without a ride would suck even more.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #16
elmo
WFO

Drives: 2008 hb
if i had been the cop your ass would have been walking home i would have impounded you after the first smart ass comment.

i really don't care for cops and their ticket giving ways trust me i have had 4 fuckin tickets since i got my yaris but being a smart ass in Tn will get you in a hell of alot more trouble
Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #17
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
cops are generally assholes that break more traffic laws then all of us combined... so why not be an asshole back?!?!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #18
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Moved thread to off-topic section... Is there anything good to take out of this thread? Seems doubtful...