Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Wiper Insert DIY FYI

Went to my local Toyota dealer last week to get some wiper inserts, don't carry them, blades only. Don't order them either.

Called two other dealers, no inserts, just blades.

So off to the interwebs, ordered three - Drivers side, passenger side and rear. $16 and change shipped.

Arrived very quickly, changed out the driver and passenger, perfect fit, NP's.

Will do the rear tomorrow.

Online supplier - Brandsport.com

cheers,

NEexpat
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #2
thepartsmancometh

Drives: '08 LB, '07 WRX
seems odd they wouldn't carry them. We sell quite a few, and the mechanics always replace inserts only if possible.
I have a whole wall full...
thepartsmancometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #3
NEexpat

I would have thought so too.

After reading other posts here I thought for sure I would just walk in and walk out with the inserts, unless it's blades only on over the counter retail sales.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Geoff Peace

Drives: Yaris 1.33 litre 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEexpat View Post
I would have thought so too.

After reading other posts here I thought for sure I would just walk in and walk out with the inserts, unless it's blades only on over the counter retail sales.
I bought a replacement wiper rubber from my Toyota dealer quite recently. Is this a local policy on the part of the dealer?

Regards Geoff Peace.
Geoff Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
Geoff Peace

Drives: Yaris 1.33 litre 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Peace View Post
I bought a replacement wiper rubber from my Toyota dealer quite recently. Is this a local policy on the part of the dealer?

Regards Geoff Peace.
Just another thought. i would contact Toyota customer services for an explanation. They are very good at sending out tick box sheets to say how wonderful they are! The insert I bought was as a spare for my wifes new Yaris which only has one front wiper. Not only did the dealer supply an insert, When I mentioned that the fitting of the blade to the arm was unusual, and being plastic I did not want to break anything,a technician came out and showed me how to release the blade from the arm. Now that is what I call good service.

Regards Geoff Peace.
Geoff Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #6
NEexpat

Well it seems to vary from dealer to dealer I guess.

Whatever the reason/s Brandsport came through for what I think was a good price and fast shipping. For those who may encounter what I did.

I changed the rear window insert today. Little tricky, have to kinda bend the insert up away from the permanent end cap on the blade to slip it off.

cheers.