Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #1
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
arrrg HiLeds is gone???

Well robert i guess thats his name...he is no longer a member and he was suppose 2 send me ALL the yaris lights avail.

Now that i searched him up his gone...no wonder he aint returning my emails. We used to communicate like once a day, now that his gone who will supply my yaris lights now :(

Any takers?.....

yes people i used the damn search button.....
Old 04-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
Have you paid for it already... ???
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i think they're located here in Sac. although, i've only spoken to Sean there.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
wow, so much for his reliability..........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Nah i havnt paid for it......he was suppose 2 invoice me via pay pal and he didnt after 4 days or so...then i emailed him again reminding him to invoice me....nothing happened.

So i searched him here and he is no longer a member...

anyway does anyone know any other suppliers like HiLeds?
Old 04-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #6
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
chris07lb might know what happened too him.....

as far as other suppliers search for a LED thread that was started about a week or so ago, prices where MUCH lower the the hiLeds, it was on eBay though

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Thumbs up

http://www.hileds.com/

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

http://www.autolumination.com/

Sucks about hileds, he was pretty bad about getting back real fast but I think if you contact the sales link you can still buy from hileds without any problems, try that way

these other places have fine stuff but the 194 wedges for the head lamps are simply not the same quality, but eh the price is way cheap, 5 bucks a pop, I am using them in my maps and in my license plate

I also bought leds for the brake lights and reverse - but I went with the 7443 Single Circuit 3 watt super stars from autolumination for the brakes, I prefer this style however the reverse doesn't put out a great deal of light it is extremly white light which looks cool

Last edited by brickhardmeat; 04-16-2007 at 08:37 PM.
brickhardmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #8
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
I just got an E-mail quote from Robert, they are in business. He's also looking into giving me a 20% discount for being a member of Yaris world.
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #9
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Drives: Yaris S Sedan w/ Aero Package!
Yeah i noticed that he was gone too...so i msg'ed Chris..and he sent me the Hileds site...i guess we can just email the general sales people and mention YW and hopefully get something heh heh...
Yeah i guess everyone already picked up the LEDS they needed earlier during the discount period so he pulled out...
Terrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

yeah, I'm thinking they just weren't getting the kind of response they expected for such a great product, I posted the link above also

says right there on the hileds site you can buy direct from the manufacturer

we're good
Old 04-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #11
Hileds

Drives: SUVs, Sedans & Exotics
Hi all,
this is Bob. I work for HiLEDs as an engineer and I know Robert. He said that he sent Hasher's quote to accounting and they were supposed to send Hasher the paypal invoice. He's investigating.
HiLEDs dropped paying for a thread on Yarisworld. The members are great but, the orders haven't been that strong. Not even enough to warrant a group buy rate. However, we still honored the 20% off.
HiLEDs is not a supplier. We are a manufacturer. We design and build LEDs with the goal of being the best. That is why these cheaper e-bay bulbs are so inferior.
The best way to get HiLEDs is to e-mail sales@hileds.com you can see most of the products on the website www.hileds.com . We also make some other stuff not on the site. Just ask.
Hileds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

good to know
Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 AM   #13
R0ME0

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS Turbo
I'd go with superbrightleds.com I've always used them in the past. Their products work great and are a lot less in cost than hileds by far. I'll make a thread and post my pics tomorrow!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:29 AM   #14
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

I have used superbrightleds myself and I am happy with there products also, I am planning to test their 194 wedge if the Hileds ever go, Superbrights are 5 bucks a pop, I have them in my maps, I figure I'll purchase a few of their 194's and also the PCB dome they offer to try it out, I'm currently using their festoon which isn't bad at all, agreed they have some good stuff
Old 04-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #15
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Yup there sure is alot of options out there....if hileds doesnt get my order through in the next week or so, then im going sumwhere else.

i already sent an email regarding this matter to the international orders email.

Though if robert did put through my order.....then how come robert hasnt returned / sent an email confirming that he passed it through to accounts nor accounts sending me that invoice.......

time wil tell eh.....
Old 04-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #16
Hileds

Drives: SUVs, Sedans & Exotics
Invoice has been sent. Over and over again as an led company our main focus is making a superior product and we obviously know you can buy cheaper LEDS online but remember that's what you get, cheaper. It's exactly what you get. We could easily sell the same product but for half the price so you are not getting it for cheap. Do a comparison and you will truly know what you paid for. For example compare the 194 and take it apart and you'll see that no one uses the circuit protection like ours does and our LEDs don't come from mainland China like all the rest. The led chips used in our products are from a factory that makes chips for many known manufactures, don't let the it looks the same fool you, that's where the education is needed for those of you who don't understand that. We know these facts as I have personally visited all the large factories in Asia. You won't see any online site actually selling their very own product like we do, they simply buy mass produced already made products being sold cheaply through the LED manufacturers. Another example like our PC festoon, there is nothing comparable out there at any price and you can easily see that for yourself. We have LED examples of every kind you find on the net so that is how we stay focused on the quality and it is the main reason why we don't have the entire line out yet because it takes time for the product to be satisfied buy our high standards. I've sent Chris a pic of the various LEDs you see on autolumination and superbrights website and we have them in our facility from testing. We have always encouraged people to stop by our facility to see first hand the comparisons. We would not be in business knowing there would be a better product for less. The $5 194 you can buy online degrades in output by 20% after 200 hours of use and they have no circuit protection. Most of the LEDs you can buy only have a single chip, our version uses 3 and our latest version we are currently testing is going to have 9 chips so it will be the first of it's kind employing the highest quality parts with circuit protection against surges. Hope that clears things up about the quality of our products..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
Yup there sure is alot of options out there....if hileds doesnt get my order through in the next week or so, then im going sumwhere else.

i already sent an email regarding this matter to the international orders email.

Though if robert did put through my order.....then how come robert hasnt returned / sent an email confirming that he passed it through to accounts nor accounts sending me that invoice.......

time wil tell eh.....
Hileds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #17
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
I bought cheap brake light led on ebay end up in the garbage I rather pay a little more and have something that will last more than a week but hey! without trying it you can't know if they are good or not!

sorry I had to give my 2 cents
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #18
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
I love my PCB domelight! I want it even brighter!!

Hoping to order a few more 194's in the near future!