Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
The Official Toyota Thailand Accessories Order Thread

We have many official accessories over here for the Yaris Liftback and Sedan, and I am more than willing to act as an agent for you guys so you can get all the cool stuff we have

Please be sure to read the following IMPORTANT INFORMATION first:

Compatibility

Interior: Our Yarii here are Right Hand Drive (RHD), while in the US, Canada and Europe they are Left Hand Drive (LHD). As a result some interior accessories like floormats may not fit properly in a LHD car.

Exterior: The difference between North American and Thai Liftback Yarii is the rear bumper. Due to stricter crash restictions, you have a deeper rear bumper, and as a result exterior accessories like rear mudguards or skirts will not fit. Sedans are not affected by this.

Paint: Exterior accessories are offered non-painted or pre-painted. I highly recommend you go for the non-painted items and get them painted there. Even if the paint codes match, there is no guarantee that the paints themselves will be identical. That being said, exterior accessories here are only offered in black and two shades of silver. The black should be a match to the LB's black in the US (color code 209), and the darker silver should be a match to the LB's Meteorite Metallic (color code 1F8). As I said, I cannot guarantee in any way that if you buy a pre-painted item, it will match your actual paint.

Shipping

To minimize shipping costs, we will do this along the group buy model. That is, I will take orders for a certain amount of time, and then all items will be joined in as few individual shipments as possible, as this reduces shipping costs. Then, for the members in North America, these packages will be sent to vodkalush, who will unpack your individual orders, and send them your way. For members in other areas, Europe, Australia, Central and South America, Middle East, I want to follow the same system, but because there are potentially less people, your shipping costs may be higher.

As we will not be able to calculate exact shipping costs per member until everything is shipped, I will take a 20% advance deposit from each order to out toward shipping. So, for example, if you buy a $100 item, I will bill you $120. Once your order has been reshipped, we will know exactly how much it has cost, and the remainder will be refunded to you. This way, I can work out the most cost-effective and fastest way to ship, based on this budget.

Ordering and Payment

To order, you can either send me a PM with what you'd like and your email address.

I'll then send you a Paypal invoice, and you can make the payment at your leisure, before the deadline.
If for some reason you cannot use Paypal (it's not supported in all countries), we can also use moneybookers.com , it's not as convenient but supports all countries.

I think this covers it all, sorry to be so long-winded, but it's better to lay out all the facts first

Now, onto the actual items:

And for the sedan:

Many of the LB's interior accessories should also fit the sedan.

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES!

Good news! I have found a good supplier for aftermarket, non-Toyota accessories, such as:

LED side mirrors:

These are pre-painted, and can be had cheaper if we buy 10 sets or more.
$125 per pair (less than 10)
$110 per pair (10 or more)

Replica Modelista-style JDM LED lights:

US$180 per pair

Black Tinted "Altezza" LED lights:

US$190 per pair

Replica TRD gauge cover for the driver glovebox

$85 (cover only)
$220 (with no-name gauges)

Replica Netz (lightning)Logos for front and back

$35 (front)
$25 (back)

Replica Vitz and RS badges

$15 (Vitz)
$35 (RS)

I think for this first round we'll set the ordering deadline to the end of the month (30th), and the payment deadline a week after that (7th of May). It should then take me about a week, maybe two, to get all the stuff, pack it properly, and ship it.

All right, let's get this thing started!

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
I may not order but appreciate your efforts. I can only imagine the work and thought put into this. Vodka and yourself deserve a hugh ahead of time thanks, and I hope all the guys who were fishing around, will follow through for you!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #3
nebulight
Novice Hypermiler

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to nebulight
Do you think you can order the a-pillar that has the tweeter grill?

Last edited by nebulight; 04-18-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:40 AM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
It's not available as a standard accessory, so I can't get it just yet. Maybe after this round of orders I'll have a bit more clout with the dealership and we'll be able to work something out with them.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #5
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Rear View Mirror Turn Signal?

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

same story, not an official accessory, still looking into a good price for good quality aftermarket ones

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
Nutzoids

Alright Last question... You might not know... but,

The size and Location of the Center Consol...

I drive a Manual Yaris with TWM Short Shifter... and I need my Center Consol to be at just the right level for me to put my Elbow on it and shift...

I know with the US factory "Arm rest" is way too high to shift...

What is the Center Consol like? Does it fit well?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

I used to have it on before I changed my seats. I'm not a very tall guy, but I found it to be too low to function effectively as an armrest, it's really just meant to be a storage compartment.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
Nutzoids

Urgh...

Alright In that case I will take a Spolier... Colored... Black!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #10
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

all right

Shall I use your same paypal details as last time?

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
Nutzoids

Sounds Good to me...

The 1616 Address!

Thanks Thomas

Old 04-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
hey Thomas, what about the spoiler for the sedan in the closest color to flint mica? and one more question, it shouldn't be too hard to install, right?
Old 04-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

The closest color would be black, but it's really up to you if you want it to be mis-matched, or get it painted when you receive it.

Installation of the sedan spoiler will probably require you to drill some holes in your trunk, so it's not for the faint-hearted unless you get some help

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #14
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
does that apply to the LB spoiler as well? I have a 5dr LB version, in case that makes any difference...
Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #15
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Yes, if you do not already have a mini spoiler there, you will need to make holes for the new one to attach.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Ah well...

All good things should require some amount of effort.

I believe I am in for a nice Thai spoiler. Now I just want to be 100% sure on the color issue. I drive a MetMet Yaris, although I'm seriously considering getting a black wing, since I'm thinking it could look pretty sick with the smoked tails that I'm about to put in place of the stock ones, as well as the black 17's that will find their way into my car in a couple of months.

Suggestions, anybody?

Also, I'd like to know how much it would be for shipping to Mexico City, which I suspect should be quite a bit more than my friends above the border.

Last edited by tk-421; 04-18-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: 10th post! yay!
Old 04-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Though I suppose you could epoxy or superglue the wing on if you're lazy and don't mind it falling off when you are driving

Meteorite metallic's paint code is a match to the medium silver we have here, but as I mentioned earlier, I can't guarantee the paint itself would be an exact match.

But, going with a black spoiler could be cool!

For the shipping, I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper to go through the US than me shipping straight to you. Of course, it would be best if you could find other people there to order stuff, then the shipping can be split.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 04-19-2007, 01:30 AM   #18
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
exactly how hard is drilling through the trunk? and would i need to paint the holes to prevent rusting?
Closed Thread