Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-01-2006, 07:45 AM   #1
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

Drives: S-Type Automatic 1.5L
Leather Seat

Hi, I'm new member of this site. Thanks for providing and sharing all the info and advice on the Yaris. Before, I was still debating on whether I should buy a Fit or Yaris. I'm happy I made the right choice. Did a few things to the car. Of all, I'm most satisfied with the leather seat. Feels like driving a lexus now only a little noisier. I've also installed a compact subwoofer under the driver seat so no road noise now. Everything's great so far...Some pics for you guys to enjoy.....

Before and After:
B4 Leather.jpg Leather Seat.jpg
Blue Neon Lights, Sports Pedal / Compact Subwoofer:
Console.jpg Subwoofer.jpg
20% front windshield, 80% on all sides:
Tint.jpg
(Driving at night has become quite challenging )
Old 10-01-2006, 08:12 AM   #2
Wayside

Drives: 07 yaris 5spd sdn
Leather seats look great! Do you have info on the kit and the installation process?

You said 20% on the shield and 80% all around, any chance you flipped the percentages?
Wayside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

Sorry, I did not do this myself but I try to describe the process. First, they remove all the seats from the car, remove the original seat covers, remove all plastic clips, fasteners, metal wires that were used on the fabric seat covers and install it on the leather covers. They used rings for clipping the leather inside the covers to the sponge to form the shape, and as for the door trims, they use Chloroprene adhesive to stick the leather on the four doors. That's about it. You wouldn't want to do this yourself, unless you are a pro!
I believe the tint percentage is correct here, 20% is lighter that 80%. Is it the other way round in the USA? Sorry for the confusion.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Looks nice! Do you know who made thekit?

I've got Roadwire leather in mine. It really does make it more luxurious feeling.

As far as the road noise goes, get yourself some sound damping material stat! An afternoon with that stuff will really improve your little car.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

I had it custom made by a local leather supplier specialized in automotive leather seat. I believe they import the leather from Italy and Germany. You just have to choose the leather color and tell them what car it's for. Price includes installation.
Can you tell me more about the sound damping material, like the specs or specific brand you got in your car? I'm really interested coz the insulation is really bad. You could actually feel the vibration under your feet under bad road conditions. Did you do the whole car or just the doors? Picture or link to website would be great. Thanks Violin.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:08 AM   #6
Violin

I used Dynamat Xtreme inside the doors and hatch lid. Additionally, I got a big roll of closed cell foam with foil liner - I can't recall a brand or anything - but it is made for cars and is heat resistant enough for firewall use. It is only about 1/8 inch thick and my roll was about 4' x 30'. I put several layers over the rear wheel wells and then took out the spare tire and glued a layer of it down with construction adhesive. I no longer get that cheap sounding *ting* when closing the doors or hatch and the road noise is much reduced.

If you really wanted to do it right, you could remove the seats and carpeting and put a layer of closed cell foam over the entire floor. That would be a big project though.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #7
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
I used Dynamat Xtreme inside the doors and hatch lid. Additionally, I got a big roll of closed cell foam with foil liner - I can't recall a brand or anything - but it is made for cars and is heat resistant enough for firewall use. It is only about 1/8 inch thick and my roll was about 4' x 30'. I put several layers over the rear wheel wells and then took out the spare tire and glued a layer of it down with construction adhesive. I no longer get that cheap sounding *ting* when closing the doors or hatch and the road noise is much reduced.

If you really wanted to do it right, you could remove the seats and carpeting and put a layer of closed cell foam over the entire floor. That would be a big project though.
Thats on my list of things to do next summer. Tons-O-Fun!!!

edit: the whole car in the dynamat/closed cell foam)

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:17 PM   #8
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

Thanks for the info, I'll check out the store and try to find the right materials first. Doing it would be easier than installing the leather seat I guess :) Hey do you think glass wool (for home theater insulation) can do the job too? I have one roll left from the last project.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:31 PM   #9
Violin

I don't know. Anything you use in the car has to be able to get wet.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:10 AM   #10
Alexandre2k3

Drives: Yaris liftback
CIMG3904.JPG

yo yo yo im almost done dynamating my 07 polar LB, check it out guys

front doors, rear, the trunk lid, now i only need the hood and probly another layer of extreme on everything again....then im done

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1706
Alexandre2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:49 AM   #11
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

Hey Mr Alexandre, if it's not too much trouble, can you take a close up picture on the dynamat xtreme? I wanna see the material. Hard to get here in my country...but trying to find the closest possible thing to that. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:59 AM   #12
jmew0ng

Drives: Scion FRS
is that a hybrid emblem on the hatch?
jmew0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Nope, that would be a trim badge from one of the trim levels they have over there.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM   #14
jeff_o

Drives: 07 Yaris
Send a message via ICQ to jeff_o Send a message via MSN to jeff_o Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin
Looks nice! Do you know who made thekit?

I've got Roadwire leather in mine. It really does make it more luxurious feeling.

As far as the road noise goes, get yourself some sound damping material stat! An afternoon with that stuff will really improve your little car.
hi violin.. where did you buy your roadwire leather seat covers?
jeff_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:31 AM   #15
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmew0ng
is that a hybrid emblem on the hatch?
It's an S emblem. We have 4 models here for the Yaris. The E type, the E Superman limited edition, the S type, and the S Limited. All engines are the same 1.5L. The only difference is the S type, having all the E features, comes with body kit, spoiler, fog lamp, folding mirrors, better seat cushion, 60/40 rear folding seat, sporty all black interior, front tweeters, secret compartment under front passenger seat and all amber speedometer display like the BMW. All that for around USD 1100 difference. The S limited has keyless entry, and stop/start engine button for additional 500 bucks and finally E superman! (picture says it all)
yaris_superman_inside.jpg

Last edited by Yarisindo; 10-04-2006 at 08:54 AM.
Yarisindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 11:11 AM   #16
Violin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_o
hi violin.. where did you buy your roadwire leather seat covers?
The dealer arranged it in PA. I'm not even sure exactly where except that it's north of Philly.

$1,100 installed including the center armrest and front door panels.

That Superman car is whack!
Old 10-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #17
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
dude... you're joking about the superman edition, right? RIGHT?

OMFG it's not a joke:

http://www.yarisgroovy.com/groovy/superman/

I want one... but... it's hideous!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #18
Yarisindo
Be Groovy!

If you buy the Superman Edition and drive to work, your boss will give you extra workloads and overtime. Can't complain if you are Superman! heheh :)