Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
brainless twit

Drives: 2009 base sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy1 View Post
since you owe 10500 on the cobalt, you wouldnt get hurt that bad IF you got 9500+ on the cobalt. but, dealers often like to use kelly blue book as a template, in which case youd be closer to 8k. once you find out what the deasler will actually give you, it will be much easier to mke a decision.
Actually, every bank and dealership I've ever dealt with uses NADA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisDriversDad
Wes isn't really all that much "into" gas mileage. I mean it is important to him to have a car that gets good mileage, but it is not important to him to know exactly what mileage he is getting. So, he "estimates" his mileage by assuming he has used 11 gallons of gas, since he runs the tank way down to the last bar on the gauge. He divides whatever miles he has driven since the last fill-up by 11. He has gotten 370 to 380 miles on his first couple tanks. We all know that he is not really using 11 gallons of gas, so if we assume he is using ten gallons, then his mileage is about 37 or 38 MPG. Not bad at all!
That's about the same amount I was getting in the beginning. I'm now getting 470 miles per tank, assuming that there are 40 miles left when I get down to one bar (per the manual). Still, when divided by 11, that's closer to 43 mpg. Excellent mileage after my HHR, which is built on a Cobalt frame, that got 27ish.
brainless twit is offline   Reply With Quote