Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
Got my baby lowered FINALLY

So I got together with texkid on Friday who gave me the DEAL OF THE CENTURY for his Tanabe DF210 springs and helped me install them. Here is a few pics of the "before", the install, and the "after" pics. I love the springs, now I gotta get the sway bar put on, then my suspension mods will be finished. I am thinking of saving up for some new struts, but that will be a while yet. Let me know what ya think!

group photo

texkid's yaris

i know, i know, she is filthy. she is getting a much-needed cleaning once this rainy weather lets up.

ok, last "before" pic...lets get going already!!!

jacking her up

said lowering springs

wheel's off!

the springs are crazy shorter than stock!!

the back is done!

yeah!! now that's what i'm talkin about

glamour shot of texkid

front wheels off!

struts removed (what a pain that was!) and yes, a spring compressor was used. we were safe haha.

all done!!!!!!

all in all it took about 3 hours from start to finish. 2 people make this job a WHOLE lot easier! so yeah, i LOVE my dropped yaris and the ride is great. thanks again texkid.
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote