Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Should I stay or should I go?
Ferrchrissake, don't even think about leaving the Golden State! 7 25.00%
Go dude, I mean START PACKING NOW! BBQ wings and baby back ribs, yum yum... 16 57.14%
Nah... I'd rather pick Switzerland... 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
California vs. Texas

Alright boys and girls, I have an interesting subject up for debate. My company has opened an office in Austin a couple of years back which has been growing much more than the HQ here in Sunnyvale, CA and I was just asked a few days ago for the first time if I would like to move to Austin... I don't know anything about Texas (other than a few stereotypes and the famous "Houston, we got a problem" ) and I've lived in California for 6 years.

So, I'd like to hear some opinions, pros and cons, should I consider moving or not? Is California ever going to get back on track, financially I mean? I just have the feeling that CA government is way too big and I don't see a chance of it getting any smaller and I think that only means higher taxes in the future...

On the other hand Texas looks very appealing, with no state income tax and more affordable housing...

Go! Keep it civil though, alright? No calling names!