Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2010, 05:31 AM   #11
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
I always reset my trip every time I fill up. But again, with the point that I already made, I don't look at my gauge every second. I only turn on the air conditioning when it is too unbearable to drive without it on at highway speeds. When not on the highway, even on the hottest day, I open the windows. But the higher speeds on the highways make it too noisy to have them open.

Do I look at my gas gauge when I get in my car and start it up? Yeah I do. I'm not an idiot.

I know generally how far I can go. On occassions it's a matter of I need to get somewhere at a certain time (usually an appointment), and therefore don't have time to stop beforehand to fill up. I know that I can make it there on what I have left in the tank. I just don't exactly when that last little bar starts blinking in the issue because I'm not staring at it while I drive. There are too many truckers on the road as well as idiots that you have to watch for.

I watch my speed so that I am not going much above the limit. I keep it to about 65 on the turnpike (speed limit = 65), and about 60 on other highways where the speed limit = 55. I don't need to actually "watch" the speedometer though to know how fast I am going. I can generally feel how fast my car is traveling by how hard it is working while traveling on either flat, uphill, or downhill.

Do I forget to turn my headlights on at night? No. I generally have them on before the sun even sets.

Anyone else have a dig at me just because I state my opinion that having a different style of gas gauge would have been better, in my opinion?

ok here is what u can do, try and find a heads up display that also gives u your fuel guage on it, then u can keep your eyes on the road and on everything else like your speed, gas, car temp, if not u will need to try and look at the dash, becoz when your car's temp goes up for what ever reason, you are going to blow your engine, and that would be worst then running out of gas, sometimes the distance u travel might change, if u drive or get stuck in traffic