Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Yaris and other Subcompacts of France (lots of pictures)

I just returned from a week in France. One of the most exciting aspects of being in France was seeing the inverse ratio, versus here in the US, of subcompacts to large cars (and SUVs were a scarcity). During a week in Paris, Normandy and Versailles, I only saw about 30 Yaris on the road. The Renault subcompacts (Twingo and Clio) were by far the most common subs. The smaller Peugot cars (106, 206, 207, 307, and 308) Citroen cars (C1, C3, and C4), the Opel Corsa, the Fiat 500, the Smart ForTwo, the Cooper Mini, and the Toyota Aygo were all fairly common as well. I noticed very little modding of subcompacts, other than Smarts.

Toyota, Renault, and Citroen have exhibition store fronts on the Champs Elysees. The Yaris was displayed on the second floor of the Toyota Rendez-Vous, next to the Formula 1 simulator. In the Toyota exhibition, they had a complete Toyota IQ (no Scion brand in Europe) mounted to the wall.

I also visited a Toyota dealership in Vincennes, where I was able to hear a D-4D diesel first hand and was able to fondle the digital AC controls.

Here are some Yaris sighting pictures from the streets of Paris (about 1/2 that I saw were D-4D diesels):

Here's the Toyota Rendez-Vous Exhibition on the Champs Elysees

Here's a Toyota Yaris Verso:

Here are a couple shots of the Toyota IQ (Hanging on the wall in the exhibition and one on the street):

Here are a couple of shots of the Toyota Aygo (available with 3 or 5 doors):

Here's an Aygo with a BMW 120d in front of it:

Here's the 2nd gen Renault Twingo:

Here's the 1st gen Renault Twingo:

Renault Scenic:

Renault Clio:

1956 Renault 4CV:

Peugot 107:

Peugot 206:

Opel Corsa (These are really easy to mistake for a Yaris):

Mercedes A-Class (about the size of a Yaris):

Fiat 500:

Leiger XToo

Aixam City (plug-in electric):

Aixam M-Go (plug-in electric, which does not require a driver's license in France):

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote