Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
2006 YarisRS 'Renovations'

Picked up this great little car for $2200.00 Canadian. It has 174000 km on the odometer and it's in great shape. It came with 4 new Michelin Defender tires - about a month old. I've ordered a used exhaust manifold from eBay for $45.00 and bits and pieces (gasket, donut, spring bolt kit etc). The manifold flange ears are gone, as in not even there anymore. The car's body is in fantastic shape for an older car driven in the salt and slush. The underbody, rocker panels, doglegs etc are all excellent. I hope to keep it this way and I have gallons of old ATF for interior panels, Fluid Film underneath.

A few jobs I'm working on:

This job is done. Driver's rear wheel well (so glad that the previous owner at least put some paint over the ding:

This is a WIP. Hatch: This took a lot of work behind straigtening out and reinforcing. The outer skin had detached from the inner frame at this corner:

This job is a WIP. Thresholds (various pics from both sides)

This job is done. Headlight restoration. These lights were both very oxidized and quite yellow. I wet sanded and polished. No clearcoat. I use my Klasse High Gloss Paint Sealant.

The hatch lock did not work. Thanks to this forum, I found a thread on disassembling it and cleaning. Also, the nylon tab that swings the latch back was broken off. Fortunately, it was in the bottom of the hatch. A little hot glue fixed that. I wasn't looking forward to buying a latch assembly, so was really glad to see that it was repairable.

Since I love Rock Auto, I've ordered rear brake drums (these are a bit rusty), a hardware kit and shoes. Also, ordered 6L ATF, a transmission filter, 4 oil filters, 4 Denso Iridium plugs, and a couple air filters.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 09-13-2017 at 10:30 PM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote