Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
hal9000

Drives: Yaris Sedan
1840 mile trip

I recently moved from Maine to Kansas and had to drive the Yaris Sedan to KS. I had two people, two cats, two computers, two overnight bags and various other stuff. Yes it was quite full.

The car is just ok on long trips. I think minus the cats and other baggage it would have helped. There weren't any large mountain type inclines but there were large "hills." The car was able to maintain 75 mph going up them with the AC on. I checked mileage on three tanks, 40.3, 41.0 and a 43 MPG. Not bad.

It was intimidating in some places where truck traffic was high. When you go by them or they you those big tires just about block the view. The cats even complained. The ride is just a little bumpy over the course of a long day. I drove my Q45 to KS in April along the same path. It is an unfair comparison but the Q is a much better ride and I will take it on any trip > 300 or 400 miles. The bottom line to me is that it is OK for the occasional long trip but I will not plan on it as a road warrior.
hal9000 is offline   Reply With Quote