Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2007, 09:55 PM   #19
hans_fh

Drives: Yaris
Thanks guys.

I dropped off my car at dealership for two days to have the A/C checked. The technicians said nothing when I got the car back, just told me everything is under warranty and they already took care of everything.

When I drove the car back home, the A/C is still not very good as my 98 Jetta.

After read the post the above, I think it makes sense.

I am in North Utah and it is usually over 100 degrees outside which makes the cabin pretty hot. in that case, it is not weired if the A/C takes several minutes to make me feel cold.
hans_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:00 AM   #20
Terrorize
Toyota Newb!!

Drives: Yaris S Sedan w/ Aero Package!
I found out where that funny mold smell is coming from...it's only after i use the re-circulation mode and then go back to regular mode....when fresh air mode is used that smell isn't there...but the car also doesn't get as cold....

Hmm...i wonder if getting the car tinted will help keep the car cabin a bit cooler...since the tint is supposed to reflect some of that UV?
Terrorize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #21
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
I believe that if you read the manual there is suppose to be a in cabin air filter. You take off the glove box and then you squeeze two tabs on the 10 inch by 2 inch door at the blower and you can place a filter in there. There is a thread called in cabin filter. It gives you the part number and everything. If you read the manual I think there is suppose to be one in there and there's not. I would check the manual and call the dealer.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:21 AM   #22
thatboyjer

Drives: 5spd 2007 Yaris LB
i live in texas, its hot as balls and i drive a sand pearl black LB. when i get in my car its hot but as soon as i turn on the ac it'll take like 10 seconds or less and it blows ice cold (to the point where i have to turn it off cause i'll get goose bumps)

i know alotta ppl have complained about their ac's being shite, its quite funny really cause more times than not, the only problem is they're using fresh air and not recycled cabin air.
thatboyjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #23
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
That could be the problem. For max ac turn the knob to the recirculating in cab air.
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #24
flint_mica_manual

Drives: S Sedan
New A/C units use a different refrigerant than the old Freon. The new stuff is better for the environment, but it doesn't transfer as much energy. All the new cars I've ridden in don't get as cold as the old systems would.

Also, humidity has a lot to do with how cold you perceive temperature. When it's really humid outside it will feel warmer. The A/C removes moisture from the interior of the car, but plenty of outside air still gets in.

Anyway, the new systems will just not get as cold as the old systems would. . .literally the old systems could form frost on the interior windows when cranked wide open.

It takes me about 5 miles on a hot and humid day to really get good and cold.
flint_mica_manual is offline   Reply With Quote