Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-16-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
stepish
Stepish

Drives: none
Buying Yaris

Hey guys, im entering the world of yaris. Im planning to buy a new manual 5 door yaris soon, but i need your help and opinions, i was thinking either a YRS or a YRX in either black or yellow, i thought the yellow looked kinda funky but i haven’t seen any around and it may not look so good in real life....sooo..what do u think
Old 01-16-2009, 11:44 PM   #2
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
The yellow in real life looks like a post-it note cream yellow.. not exactly the "sting" yellow which you see on the website. You're probably better off with the black, but in the yellow you'll definitely stand out on the road.

You'll be happy with the purchase of either really. I opted for a YRS instead because I don't quite like the YRX's rear lip.

Good luck with your purchase!
spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Hi and welcome to the forum.

I've seen a few of the "sting" yellow 5-doors around, and personally I'm not a fan of the colour.
It isn't a very bright colour and looks far to faded IMHO...

You also need to think about the resale value. Some colours are harder to sell than others and I think the yellow will date very, very quickly.

But in the end it is your choice.
Best bet would be to go to a dealer and see if they have one outside for you to take a look at.

As for the YRS vs YRX... I would save some cash and just go for the YRS, but would strongly suggest you spend the $750 and order the stafety pack for the extra airbags.
If you do go the s/pack, then be prepared for a wait on it, because I don't think that you will get one off the lot.
A order minght put you back 2-3 months while its made in Japan & shipped over.
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
The yellow is actually lighter in colour in real life compared to the yellow shown on the website for your information. Still looks kinda good, but Black would look nice. If you got the yellow at least it would be different, cause you don't see many yellows at the moment. Wish i had gotten a black though for mine, also should have gotten a YRX but didn't have the money at the time. Haha.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
hey mate welcome.... i would say go for the yellow as you would look different from the rest of the crowd. Also, look at the really dark graphite colour that they have.... I reckon it looks good

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
WRW76
WRW76

Drives: Yaris
i have a yellow one and ive seen a few around,in fact i was behind one at lights and then another yellow one came the other way!!
WRW76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
GO YELLOW!!! theyre totally has the "WOW" factor. how many cars do you see in YELLOW nowdays?

YELLOW with black tints with bodykit = COOLNESS factor x5! :D
leasaunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:27 AM   #8
stepish
Stepish

Quote:
Originally Posted by leasaunce View Post
GO YELLOW!!! theyre totally has the "WOW" factor. how many cars do you see in YELLOW nowdays?

YELLOW with black tints with bodykit = COOLNESS factor x5! :D
yer i was thinking that...and black rims thing is if i put a body kit on it i wont have any warranty unless i buy the car with the body kit but i have no idea what it looks like
Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
WRW76
WRW76

you can go on the toyota website and veiw the car with the standard bodykit.Im going to get a carbon rear wing for mine once i have money
WRW76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
The wait with buying a Yaris that has to be custom ordered from Japan appears to be really short atm. My YRS had to be custom built from Japan. Put an order in on Nov 17, Car got built on Dec 15 and arrived by Dec 30. Fast...
spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:48 AM   #11
lunjiaow

Heres an example of a yellow one at my workplace it has black/polished wheels and lowered on pedder springs.

lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:53 AM   #12
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
that yellow doesnt look bright..
those decals look good tho.... I want them for my silver yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:59 AM   #13
stepish
Stepish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunjiaow View Post
Heres an example of a yellow one at my workplace it has black/polished wheels and lowered on pedder springs.

hmm that actully looks pretty good =] and thx for loading up the pic =P

though it not as "sting" as i expected it to be...totally different from the toyota site....
Old 01-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
lunjiaow

though its not the bright yellow, it still stands out.
Im thinking about getting a 09 Yaris possibly in that colour too.

That yaris used to have two black stripes down the middle just like ruimond's yaris.
lunjiaow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #15
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
where has this yellow and your blue yaris been hiding in Perth, i never see other moded yaris :( Haha.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote