Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
raz1121

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebob View Post
I don’t have OCD (at least this is what I tell my self) but I have a real bad ADHD that I can’t get the good drugs for with out seeing a shrink every 60 days. I would never make it to a shrink that often so I use my family doc. He gives me something that is not as good but only has to send him in my blood work results every 4 months and $20 (I have to pay for an office visit) to get him to call in a new 4 month supply.

Last week I took my car in for its 9,800 check up and to get a few odds and ends fixed. I was told it got dusty so they sent it over for a hand wash. I told them I would deal with the dust and not to wash it but they had already started. The sales manager came and got me when it came back because it cam back with swirl marks and lost half it’s shine.

He offered to have it striped, buffed, and waxed and give us a rental and a hotel for the night. We had to drive all night to make it to our next job so I told him we might make it back in 4 or 18 days depending on how our schedule works out. We left with getting an oil change, tire rotation and balance, rear saw bar, mud flaps, a few computer tweaks, some simply warranty covered stuff, and needing to strip and wax my car for $45.

On the bright side it looks better than what’s on the show room floor as long as you do not see the one tinny scratch that I should have used touch up on but I thought I could get it out by hand.
yeah for a year i worked at a Toyota Dealership in the detail department. I may be going back this summer because i enjoy washing cars and being outside but i would never let someone else wash my car. Being there part time a year I saw my fair share of other employees fucking up customers cars its not every unusal prolly happened once a day. Its a nice place to work though if you enjoy trying everything out on someone elses car first and see what it does before your own. Theres no training for the job either so I can only imagine whos going to buff your car when you take it in. Good Luck.
raz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
firebob

Drives: 09 yaris
The one thing I do want to try is putting some of the wet tire shine on a good wax job. I think it would make it pop more than anything but what would it do in the long run. I did do a car in “food safe silicone spray” one time and it worked well but the cost was more than plexus when it was over with and lasted about the same amount of time. It looked wet and was as slick as a baby’s bottom. The bugs came off in a light rain that week.

I would love a job like that as long as I could do a car to my standards and all by hand. Is it by the hour, by the car, and do you get tips? No I’m not looking for a new job. If you look at the amount of money they lost off of me I would think they would be at least someone that knows what there doing to look after them or something.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:45 PM   #21
raz1121

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
its by the hour and usually no one really inspects your work very hard.
raz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote