Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #37
Mad Goon
New To The Import Thing..

Drives: 07 Yaris 71 Comet 69 Maverick
Send a message via AIM to Mad Goon
Just my

I used to be on the "2.0 liters is the size of my soft drink, not my engine" side of the chasm. However, since driving an '07 Yaris every other day, I have come to appreciate these little cars. They really are fun to drive! Conversely, my wife, God bless her heart, used to believe that American cars were trash, too heavy, blah blah blah (the basic "ricer" mentality here in the South Bay) and after the first rides I took her in, has grown a massive liking to my 71 Comet and 69 1/2 Maverick. I think it's nice when people with differing opinions(especially about cars) can come to appreciate each other's point of view.

In short, I used to be an "American Muscle Only" kind of guy. The Yaris is an awesome little car and has changed my opinion on that.
Mad Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #38
Mad Goon
New To The Import Thing..

Drives: 07 Yaris 71 Comet 69 Maverick
Send a message via AIM to Mad Goon
Quote:
Originally Posted by k r a y z e e . j o j o View Post
Right on!

It almost seems to "boost" at mid-range even on stock power
Yeah the sweet spot seems to be right around that huh? Gotta love keeping it in 1st til about 20 then in 2nd til about 42.... Auto transmissions haha!
Mad Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 AM   #39
sliiice

Drives: 2007 hatchback
My husband gave me such flack when I told him I wanted a Yaris. He thought it was too small, had a Barbie engine and said it was a colossal waste of money. On occasion I would "build" my Yaris on the Toyota website and dream.

A few weeks ago he gave me permission (rolls eyes) to go buy one. I bought a used '07 one because I got a tremendous deal, although I was originally going to get an '09. He's looked over every square inch of the car and read the user's manual (!). He's been surprised at what a nice little car it is and has changed his whole outlook on the Yaris. He now says it was a good purchase. He's even started talking about when the time comes to retire his Mustang, he would like a Yaris. What a turn around!
sliiice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #40
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I bought my Yaris S because it was a Toyota. I was also looking at the Carolla. I'm hoping one of these days to step up into a Camry SE...they look pretty sharp. I really love my gas mileage (41.88 MPG real world driving), love the insurance cost (My wife's Tacoma plus the Yaris is $92 per month full coverage), I absolutely love the dealership (Wilsonville Toyota), and I give Toyota high marks for build quality, quality engineering, A+ customer service, and a very high overall brand standard.

This is coming from someone who got out of a Dodge SRT-4 and LOVES power! I can honestly say I don't miss it a lot. However, there is the look that the 350Z and S2000owners give you when you're passing them in a drag at the top of second gear going into third...it was like, "OMG! I paid how much for this and I'm losing to a souped up NEON?!?!"